24 - Day 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. For the sake of the initial interactions between Jack and Renee Walker and the idealist turmoil President Taylor gets herself into.

I always wanted this spin-off:

BUCHANAN

BillandJack.jpg

Yes. For the sake of the initial interactions between Jack and Renee Walker and the idealist turmoil President Taylor gets herself into.

Righto, I guess then I'll be watching that this summer and season 8 will have to wait for a DVD release then.

:lol: Kiefer's so short.

Whatever happened to Buchanan's wife? I liked her, one of the saving graces of Day 6 (some unexpected redemption after her rude entrance in Day 5).

Day 6 was the first season I watched as new episodes on television. Watched the whole season, and you know what? Aside from finding out that the number 1 that guy of all time was Jack Bauer's dad, I can't actually remember a damn thing that happened that season.

Day 1 was great. I guess it helped that is was a fresh idea and we did not know where any of it was going.

I remember watching one of the first episodes of the first seasons, there was a lady cop helping Jack chase a guy, and I was shocked when the lady cop got killed, because she was nice, and helping, and those people usually didn't get killed on tv, I felt bad for her. Well now you just expect those people to get killed, it's a fun game to guess who will die and who will live. 24 had to keep one upping themselves to create shocking moments, and eventually you just can't do it anymore, and 24 has reached that point.

I remember watching one of the first episodes of the first seasons, there was a lady cop helping Jack chase a guy, and I was shocked when the lady cop got killed, because she was nice, and helping, and those people usually didn't get killed on tv, I felt bad for her. Well now you just expect those people to get killed, it's a fun game to guess who will die and who will live. 24 had to keep one upping themselves to create shocking moments, and eventually you just can't do it anymore, and 24 has reached that point.

Good point, since then you know most random characters who help Jack have a 50/50 life or death chance.

I had recently read that this season is the last 24. Kinda bummed but I think it ran its course.

That Dana surely surprised me this week! I thought that whole story line was :down: until last week!

As great as Day 1 was, I still think the series high water mark was Day 5. President Logan was such a great, sleazy character.

The wheels fell off after that, although the show has still had its moments, which has been enough for me.

Nah, Day 5's one of the better later ones, but there has been very little race-against-the-clock kind of feel since Day 3, half the time the real-time factor doesn't even matter anymore.

I really don't understand what's SO great about Day 5. Yeah, it IS better than most other seasons, but it's pretty much filled with the same over-the-top twists that have caused me to lose interest in the show in general. What I mean to say is, I really feel like the only "Day" that had a usable story-line and really did hit the mark on the One Day concept was Day 1.

Day 1 was just as over the top as any other season. It's just part of what 24 is all about.

Day 5 stands out for me because the story was better, the acting was better, and the characters were terrific.

It's not a coincidence that the show ruled the Emmys after that season.

Before I watch tonight's episode, I just wanted to list a couple of complaints about last weeks episode, no 13, 4 AM- 5AM

So for the whole hour, Jack can not manage to shoot any of the bad guys? He is pinned down for the whole hour and shoots and shoots and keeps missing.. How many times has he been a crack shot? Now he is useless.

Also, some random guy gets shot in the neck, and Jack is all concerned about saving him. We have had episodes where Jack would kill his best friend in a heart beat to stop an attack?

And then Rene shows up and can shoot all the bad guys like a turkey shoot, 5 seconds, she gets them all?

also, it is 4 am, these people at CTU, Whitehouse, Embassies, etc. have probably been up since 6 am the day before, they are all fully dressed and wide awake?
when we cut to Rene, she is in a fully lit room, wide awake. Don't you think some people would be hitting a couch for a quick nap?

It would be more believable if people took an occasional power nap.

The conclusion to Day 5 is certainly the strongest since the show's early days, I'll give it that.

It's almost like the writers are thinking, ah fuck it, it's the last season - what idea can we rehash this week? How about a faction within the government going around the President since she doesn't have the balls to do the right thing.

What will they have in store for us next week? :hyper:

I kinda hope that now that it's been cancelled the producers just say "fuck it" and let the bomb go off. It would be interesting to have Jack go off on a low note dealing with his first real failure instead of just Saving America yet again and riding off into the sunset.

I kinda hope that now that it's been cancelled the producers just say "fuck it" and let the bomb go off. It would be interesting to have Jack go off on a low note dealing with his first real failure instead of just Saving America yet again and riding off into the sunset.

Well, then there would be complaints that they've already covered that (the nuclear bomb explosion in Day 6).

Back
Top Bottom