24 - Day 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2bdeeedc2ae52c2fa9591af5b0647c69.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

All is forgiven!

*counts the seconds until Bomac returns*

wtf??

24 is on at 7 pm (first hour)

then new show - Hard on Target at 8 pm

then 2nd hour of 24 at 9 pm.

Glad I checked, I would have missed first hour.

wtf??

24 is on at 7 pm (first hour)

then new show - Hard on Target at 8 pm

then 2nd hour of 24 at 9 pm.

Glad I checked, I would have missed first hour.

Whoa, had no idea this was the case.

Not conventional by any means, but, not a bad idea by Fox to maybe get people too lazy to switch channels to watch.

Thanks for the heads up.

Damn. I've been a fan all along, and that my friends was their finest opener. Not the most thrilling, but the most intelligent set up they've ever done, and leaving the explosions (for the most part) for the future.

Human Target? I didn't have time or DVR time to watch/record it, so I planned on checking it out on Tuesday. It's not supposed to be on the same standards, its unabashedly based on a comic book series.

Yes, the best opener in awhile
but didn't you suspect the brother from the beginning?

I'm only 30 minutes into hour two.

To be honest, the only reason I did suspect the brother was because he was skeezy looking. His hair was a 70's relic.

There is a Latin term that translates to "Who gains" it might be "cui bono?"

so if Hassan is assassinated, who gains?

His brother and the wave of people in his country that don't agree with diplomacy with the US.

That and terrorist groups we haven't met yet.

His brother becomes the next President or whatever they call it.

Also, he is not on board with the peace process, so he can take things in that direction by blaming the U S.

I'm not sure if he would directly succeed his brother, but he definitely isn't feeling the agreement.

I know this is petty...but that blonde CTU chick's hair was buggin' the shit out of me!! so strategically pulled over her shoulder:rolleyes:
other than that... :up: good opener

Indeed.

Not sure if I like that character though. We'll see what kind of story she brings with her.

Looking at her and thinking Starbuck probably doesn't help.

A good start to the season.

The blonde's dress and hair didn't bother me but I didn't like how the Iranians the folks from the Middle-East were speaking English instead of Persian their native tongue. I think in past seasons they had subtitles?

Solid debut, overall :up:

Looking forward to tonight!

They've had subtitles for terrorists before, I can't remember any instances of officials speaking in foreign languages though.

Damn ladies and gentlemen, Renee Walker is now the new Jack Bauer. Worse even, the hacksaw bit in Day 2 was on a dead body.

Loving this so far, I just think they need more conflict for President Taylor though to keep her as an emotional connection on the show.

It's only a small side-plot, it's not bothering me that much while everything else is top notch.

It appears to be the whole reason Starbuck is on the show.

and they are weaving it with the Chloe story line too.

It just seems so silly that a CTU agent (or person) melts into a little small town, waitress type because some old boyfriend pops up.

Damn. I've been a fan all along, and that my friends was their finest opener. Not the most thrilling, but the most intelligent set up they've ever done, and leaving the explosions (for the most part) for the future.

I'm not sure if it was their finest opener or not, but it was a refreshing change of pace. Not much firework (at least, not as much as in the previous seasons). So yeah, I do hope that there'll be a bit more character development this time.

Though I have to say some stale elements are already popping up. The corrupt/inadequate employee (in this case, Dana seems to be inadequate), the clueless manager and the bad guys being in the same city as the president is. Then again, this is 24. Dammit!

It'll be interesting to see the Renée Walker storyline develop. She seems to be a Jack Bauer on steroids at the moment. I suspect she will have some kind of breakdown later on.
(Come to think of it, that did go awfully fast. She was introduced at the beginning of episode 4. Then gave info to CTU, had a briefing, went back undercover again and saw off a thumb all within 1 hour. Whoa!)

But, I was pleasantly surprised to see that 4 episodes (instead of 1 or 2) have aired already in the first week. Can't wait to see the other 20. :)

Back
Top Bottom