24 - Day 8 - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #211
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 07:44 PM
Also considering all of this season was probably filmed far before they knew it was the last season, it's not as if they can just change the plot.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
speaking of that,
at to my list of complaints

why is an Indian actor playing an Arab head of state?
Gee, I dont know, maybe he is acting.
Do you have the same reservations about British actor (of Indian descent) Naveen Andrews playing Iraqi Sayid Jarrah on "Lost"?

How about American Robert Downey Jr. playing Brit Sherlock Holmes?

How about American Madonna playing British Madonna?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Also considering all of this season was probably filmed far before they knew it was the last season, it's not as if they can just change the plot.
I thought the episodes were filmed as the season went along, a couple weeks in advance of airing (ie the last few episodes would be filmed over the next few weeks)? I may be mistaken but I thought that was so they could figure out what people did and didn't like and adjust the plot accordingly.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #214
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I thought the episodes were filmed as the season went along, a couple weeks in advance of airing (ie the last few episodes would be filmed over the next few weeks)? I may be mistaken but I thought that was so they could figure out what people did and didn't like and adjust the plot accordingly.
The bulk of the episodes are likely in the can by now. Since this series starts in January, they likely did a lot of shooting from September on. That's not to say that they're completely done, but, I'd wager that they'e quite close.

And, typically, you don't just start changing things in the middle of a season because of what people do or do not like, especially the plot. Not on network TV.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
And, typically, you don't just start changing things in the middle of a season because of what people do or do not like, especially the plot. Not on network TV.
I really have no idea, it's only what I've heard. I think that was mentioned to me as a reason why season six started off so awesomely then went completely off the rails halfway through.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:44 PM
Quote:
I really have no idea, it's only what I've heard. I think that was mentioned to me as a reason why season six started off so awesomely then went completely off the rails halfway through.
I honestly cannot gauge just how much you do or do not know, I'm just factually replying to your post.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:06 AM   #217
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:44 PM
DaveC, I'm not arguing against the Wire, but had they handled much of the material without pandering to the lowest common denominator this show can be extremely topical and the format is without a doubt the most thrilling concept ever to hit TV, and at its best (1-3, ~7,8) features excellent character drama.

I think the producers should work on a spinoff series, make it for less money, send the major characters into the film franchise. I don't want to see this disappear .
Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

President Taylor is infuriating.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #219
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:44 PM
I had no idea this was 2 hours tonight...I completely missed the 1st hour and it seems it was a key hour... I have no idea what is going on...grrrrrr
Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #220
War Child

Oh. Wow.

Silent countdown
Old 04-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Figured we'd get the silent clock one more time.

That was fun, but gee, that sure was a fast vehicle change.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
President Taylor is infuriating.
I should elaborate.

What really grinds my gears here is that she almost seemed pissed off that the bomb didn't go off and 100,000+ people were killed when she found out Hassan had given himself up. She's more preoccupied with her precious "peace deal" which is apparently worth the lives of thousands upon thousands of New Yorkers who presumably elected her. The fundamental role of government is to protect its citizens (I think the Chief of Staff guy said that at exact line at one point). She was willing to sacrifice the lives of all these people and make New York City completely unlivable for generations for the sake of Hassan's life and, one can assume, the lives of IRK citizens. Not to mention the fact that if Manhattan were suddenly vaporized it would instantly and fatally cripple the US economy and thus destroy the entire country. But she doesn't give a flying rat's ass about any of this. Instead she simply says "no" and stands next to a window waiting patiently for the bomb to blow up. Any reasonable world leader with half a brain, presented with the choice Taylor was given (Hassan or Manhattan) would hand Hassan over in a heartbeat. The wisest choice of action was the one the Chief of Staff and the General came up with, and I'm also a bit annoyed that they portrayed them as the bad guys (what with the ominous music and the leaving a man to die bit).

Not to mention the fact that the President of the United States physically assaulted her Chief of Staff when he refused to give her a direct answer to a question.

I won't even get into the Jenny/Dana bit from this episode. The first hour was absolutely dreadful. Thank God those last fifteen minutes or so of hour two were awesome.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #223
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:44 PM

I agree to bad Palmer is dead

Quote:
I should elaborate.

What really grinds my gears here is that she almost seemed pissed off that the bomb didn't go off and 100,000+ people were killed when she found out Hassan had given himself up. She's more preoccupied with her precious "peace deal" which is apparently worth the lives of thousands upon thousands of New Yorkers who presumably elected her. The fundamental role of government is to protect its citizens (I think the Chief of Staff guy said that at exact line at one point). She was willing to sacrifice the lives of all these people and make New York City completely unlivable for generations for the sake of Hassan's life and, one can assume, the lives of IRK citizens. Not to mention the fact that if Manhattan were suddenly vaporized it would instantly and fatally cripple the US economy and thus destroy the entire country. But she doesn't give a flying rat's ass about any of this. Instead she simply says "no" and stands next to a window waiting patiently for the bomb to blow up. Any reasonable world leader with half a brain, presented with the choice Taylor was given (Hassan or Manhattan) would hand Hassan over in a heartbeat. The wisest choice of action was the one the Chief of Staff and the General came up with, and I'm also a bit annoyed that they portrayed them as the bad guys (what with the ominous music and the leaving a man to die bit).

Not to mention the fact that the President of the United States physically assaulted her Chief of Staff when he refused to give her a direct answer to a question.

I won't even get into the Jenny/Dana bit from this episode. The first hour was absolutely dreadful. Thank God those last fifteen minutes or so of hour two were awesome.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #224
Refugee

Local Time: 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin24 View Post

I agree to bad Palmer is dead
Logan back next week ! Yay !
Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #225
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I should elaborate.

Agreed but I didn't let it interfere with my enjoyment of the show.

And besides, there's no way she would survive (politically or otherwise] long enough to sign the treaty if the story behind it ever got out.

Didn't someone scoff when I suggested at the beginning of this season there would be a mole inside CTU? *coughMartycough*