24 Day 7 Talk Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper:

By Gary Levin, USA TODAY

LOS ANGELES — Jack's back, at least for a two-hour real-time movie. 24: Exile, Nov. 23, tees up the seventh season, due in January. Kiefer Sutherland and the cast returned from Africa last month and immediately went back to work on the series.

Producers scrapped plans to film part of the regular season in Africa, finding it unworkable to explain the time lapse of a long flight to Washington. But the story line "was current, it was emotional and it really centered around children affected by these wars, from Rwanda to Zimbabwe," who are recruited as fighters, Sutherland says in an interview.

"The idea of starting out with such an emotional, tangible thing just rooted it in kind of a human element that did not deal in a massive catastrophe, like an atomic bomb or a bioweapon hazard."

The movie takes place on Inauguration Day. Just as Powers Boothe's Noah Daniels is handing the presidential reins to Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones), a military coup begins in a fictional African country.

Jack Bauer has escaped there after the torment of Season 6 to help an old buddy (Robert Carlyle) who runs a school "that rescues these children involved in these wars and creates a safe haven." As usual, Jack must come to the rescue. This year's baddie is played by Jon Voight, who appears in the movie and then resurfaces midway through the regular season.

The movie, says Sutherland, stands alone, but it also helps "set up the terrorist threat (of the seventh season) and the justification for why this would happen in the United States."

Does the long break — 20 months between regular episodes — risk losing fans? He hopes not. "The entire year of television was so massively disrupted," he says. "I think it was a really smart move by Fox to just wait. It afforded us so much more time, and it's the first time we'll have all 24 episodes completed, in the can and ready to air before you see the first one. Which means you have 24 perfect episodes without running into trouble."

If not, he says, "We won't have any excuse."

:hyper: X a million

but yeah FOX should have aired Day 7 this fall, who cares when it is as long as its shown uninterrupted? Coming off a hated season, strike pushing it back this far most definitely does risk losing a chunk of audience.

I hope the movie and Day 7 wipes away the taste of Day 6, which was just dreadful. It was far inferior to EVERY previous series. I was surprised how bad it was coming off one of the best seasons.

Will Kim Bauer be returning this season?

elisha_cuthbert.jpg

Excuse, I'm sorry, I don't know how that happened.

I never did watch 6, and, likely never will. I thought 5 was bat-shit insane at the end, but, I really did enjoy it. 2 and 3 were great, too.

I look forward to 7, I just like the fact that there's a show on the air where shit gets blown up, people get shot, die, get tortured, people are intense, people yell, etc. It reminds me a little of growing up with my family, it's sort of sweet.

Oh, and I like this:

5-JamesMorrison.jpg

I hope Buchanan did not die last season.

Buchanan didn't die, so it's all good in the NSW 'hood.

Kiefer was absolutely awesome in Dark City last night. Talk about playing against type... before he even had a type.

Oh, man, did I miss your review of the film? Did you like? Sewell was aganst type, too, as he usually plays a scumbag.

Oh no, I haven't done a review or anything like that yet. I was going to wait until tonight when the usual folks were running about.

I don't even know where to start discussing it anyway. Damn.

Yep, for me:

In order of season preference. 6 is the only shitty one though.

I agree, except I have 1 ahead of 3/2. other than that, i agree with the list. I dont think 6 is shitty, just not up to par. it still entertained me. I think I liked it better than four actually. so i guess I don't agree :wink:

So...Tony's back, Kim's back.

Why not bring David Palmer back while we're at it. :yes:

The first three years were clearly the best.

The most important thing is they need to tell a new story.

Enough with spies inside of CTU already. Enough with vague phrases like 'patch me through'. Enough with bombs being the only method of terrorism used in the show. Enough.

Write a new story. If you tell the same old story again, it doesn't matter how many old characters you bring back, it's going to suck.

It all depends on the story.

Oh, and either name a country or say that the terrorist is from Mars. The whole "Fayed's country" fiasco was ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom