2014 Oscars Extravaganza!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't try to placate me with Darlene Love. The Academy is a bunch of pansies.

I like The Act of Killing a lot
the two images that I keep going back to are the one at the beginning, the giant fish the the women in costumes come dancing out of and the scene with women again among water falls, I don't recall what part those sceens played in the story line, if any. But those images were better than any CGI in Gravity.

OK, I suspect there's no way I'll be unhappy with the winner of this award. The two front-runners are both favorites.

The Great Beauty
I may have to go back just to look at that again on the big screen. All the nominations were good films, better than some of the ones that made it into our 9 Best Film noms.

I like The Act of Killing a lot
the two images that I keep going back to are the one at the beginning, the giant fish the the women in costumes come dancing out of and the scene with women again among water falls, I don't recall what part those sceens played in the story line, if any. But those images were better than any CGI in Gravity.

The color palette in that film is remarkable; it feels highly surreal, partially because the subject matter is so unthinkable. Very powerful movie.

Great Beauty is awesome. Really deserved a cinematography nod.

oh my gawd

it's 2U

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town,
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times.

I wear the black for those who never read,
Or listened to the words that Jesus said,
About the road to happiness through love and charity,
Why, you'd think He's talking straight to you and me.

If anyone asks who the biggest rock band in the world is, tell them Brad Pitt has an opinion on the matter.

Jesus I know this is a U2 site, but this song is really brutal and Bono's high notes are :huh:. I do like that he's performing like he's at a live show, that's at least something.

Back
Top Bottom