2012 Golden Globes Yammering Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So George Clooney gets the award.

I take it the saying Leonardo DiCaprio is the greatest actor of his generation is all PR?

Perhaps.

Just its a shame DiCaprio is like the Susan Lucci of movie awards.

DVRd this last night and just got around to watching. Wish I would have been watching it live and commenting along with you guys but, oh well. Some quick thoughts:

- Gervais is more fun to watch than any awards show host I can think of
- Natty P. looks fucking incredible
- Reese looks great
- Rooney!
- It's fucking bullshit that Cranston didn't win and that Breaking Bad, objectively one of the best television shows of all-time, didn't win a single award
- Michelle Williams' speech was probably my favorite speech of the night
- STRINGER BELL AND MCNULTY GOING AGAINST EACH OTHER ONCE AGAIN! AHHHH! Peace on the streets of West Baltimore
- Love Kate Winslet, but she didn't need another award
- Dinklage!
- Modern Family's cast is awesome
- I'm going to start watching Homeland

It's bullshit Breaking Bad wasn't even effing nominated for best drama. I mean, damn.

Was Aaron Paul not nominated, either? Although the GGs supporting actor for TV categories are total bullshit, because it's like "Supporting Actor in Drama, Comedy, Musical, Miniseries, News Show, Fake News Show or Infomercial."

It's a bit broad.

Aaron Paul was not nominated. Neither was Giancarlo Esposito, who we all know was just fucking stunning in the role of Gus Fring.

It's a god damned tragedy, as far as I'm concerned. I bitched about it real hard on the first page of the nominations thread that was posted a while back.

This is television. This is serious business.

I want to make love to Natalie Portman, by the way.

as awards shows go, this one may be better than the Oscars

67404211.jpg

if they end up giving Best picture to WarHorse or The Desendents, or some other mediocre film (Forest Gump, etc)

Natalie wins by default.

Also...I didn't see what she was wearing, they only showed her when she was sitting down at her table, but Evan Rachel Wood was gorgeous, as well.

Best dressed for me:
- Michelle Williams
- Nicole Ritchie
- Jessica Alba
- Charlize Theron
- Berenice Bejo

I love Berenice Bejo, she is a (the) major part of that film's success.

But, some people are calling that dress a miss.

Yeah, but I adore deep blue, so I'm a sucker for her dress. :shrug:

Lea Michele is lovely, but that dress is leaning towards horrid.

It looks like someone spilled mercury all over her, and someone with mercury covering their hands grabbed her boobs.

Kidman is lucky, with her build she can wear most anything, classic or go sexy.

At these events these women and girls should keep in mind that they will be judged as one among 30-40 making an appearance.

Their publicist, should get a picture of them in the dress and send it out to a random focus group, like they do with test screenings of movies.

That way they could be saved a savaging on E-TV and other 1/2 network entertainment shows.
It seems like some want to swing for the fences.
They should save that dress for a premier, where there will not be 30-40 to compete with.

Why have none of you cretins mentioned Kate Beckinsale?

She's my all time favourite
humina humina humina

Back
Top Bottom