2009 Golden Globe Nominations/Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Drama list is pretty much a bunch of movies that aren't even out. Slumdog Millionaire is doing good business in a very limited release but I'm not even sure if the other four are at more than a couple theaters at the moment. I don't think anybody can whine about these picks when only the nominators/critics have really had the chance to see any of them.

Mad Men/30 Rock should have easy paths to victory akin to the Emmys. They should be locks to win the Best Drama Emmy next year along with the Golden Globe again. There just isn't another contender in either field right now although I think Breaking Bad is actually a better show than Mad Men, but it hasn't received as much press...maybe that will change a bit when it returns soon.

I'm not liking the lack of recognition for Aronofksy/The Wrestler in picture and director. Yay for Slumdog, I really don't care about awards because I rarely agree, its just the prestige they hold with average people who know nothing about most movies pisses me off, the Oscars more so.

I haven't seen these films, so I can't say shit about them.

Those TV drama nods suck balls. The comedies are fine, I guess, outside of House needing to be moved there to give 30 Rock some competition.

The Wire, LOST, Breaking Bad, Battlestar Gallactica, The Shield, Damages

........and the Hollywood Foreign Press nominates two pretty average HBO shows.
That tells you all you need to know. 'Brand' recognition over quality.

I am a big fan of Kristen Scott Thomas, this film is not her best work at all.

There is one big scene, that the whole movie is built around.

I don't buy the main premise of the movie at all,
it is so not plausible, I found the movie some what disappointing.

i saw this yesterday. i wasn't as bothered by the implausibility of the entire premise, i didn't think about it too much -- i thought it was a genuinely affecting movie, and it was nice watching her come back to life after appearing to be nearly a corpse in the movie's first few scenes.

i thought she was great. i thought the movie was good. but i tend to be very sympathetic to french movies for a francophilia that i've always felt but never totally understood.

bumpity.gif

They are tonight! :hyper:

Best Television Drama
'Dexter'
'House'
'In Treatment'
'Mad Men'
'True Blood'

Best Actor - Television Drama
Gabriel Byrne, 'In Treatment'
Michael C. Hall, 'Dexter'
Jon Hamm, 'Mad Men'
Hugh Laurie, 'House'
Jonathan Rhys Meyers, 'The Tudors'

I'd love to see Dexter win something but he's got some stiff competition.

Does anyone know where us West Coasters can get a East Coast live stream? I've been looking everywhere to no avail.

I'll even settle for a spoiler for when the best actor is announced for film....in other words I would love to know if Mickey Rourke wins.

Well, you can just come here and see if any east coasters are watching & posting. I'm in the west too. Only the Oscars are live for all :sigh:

I guess they would usually announce that award towards the end I'm thinking. My evening is revolving around 24 so that is taking major priority:drool:

Best Picture - Drama
'Frost/Nixon'

Best Director
Danny Boyle, 'Slumdog Millionaire'

Best Actor - Drama
Sean Penn, 'Milk'

Best Actress - Drama
Kristin Scott Thomas, 'I've Loved You So Long'

Best Picture - Musical/Comedy
'Burn After Reading'

Best Actor - Musical/Comedy
Dustin Hoffman, 'Last Chance Harvey'

Best Actress - Musical/Comedy
Emma Thompson, 'Last Chance Harvey'

Best Supporting Actor
Ralph Fiennes, 'The Duchess'

Best Supporting Actress
Kate Winslet, 'The Reader'

Best Foreign Language Film
'I've Loved You So Long' (France)

Best Screenplay
John Patrick Shanley, 'Doubt'

Best Original Score
'Slumdog Millionaire'

Best Television Drama
'Mad Men'

Best Actor - Television Drama
Gabriel Byrne, 'In Treatment'

Best Actress - Television Drama
Sally Field, 'Brothers & Sisters'

Best Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture - Television
Ralph Fiennes, 'Bernard and Doris'

Best Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture - Television
Susan Sarandon, 'Bernard and Doris'

... that's my list :up:

Just, for the love of god, let Kristin Scott Thomas win best actress!

Kate Winslet just got best supporting actress. She looks very classy tonight, although not the most exciting dress.

Yaaa...I got the east coast live feed!

That was awesome finally seeing Mickey..and sitting next to the Boss to boot. Nice mention by Bruce about Mickey phoning him and the song wouldn't have been done without him.

Yaaa...I got the east coast live feed!

That was awesome finally seeing Mickey..and sitting next to the Boss to boot. Nice mention by Bruce about Mickey phoning him and the song wouldn't have been done without him.

Where'd you get an east coast feed? I just got home, and am gonna watch the arrivals. And I only know the supporting actress so far. No looking at other winners yet

Did Seth Rogan imply that Mickey Rourke still does coke?

Somebody on that chat room on the feed said Rene Zellweger looks like a bat LOL!

Back
Top Bottom