2009 Golden Globe Nominations/Awards - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Old 01-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #166
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Slapnutz View Post
The way Winslet went on you'd think she just won an award for saving a life. Silly woman. She makes us Brits cringe every time she opens her gob.

Speak for yourself! I'm British and i love Kate as do many from here - she's my favourite actress, i adore her, think she's fab&i loved her speeches, so genuine&emotional&i was ecstatic&squealing along with her when i watched her getting her 2 Golden Globes on tv! Everyone from this country should be so proud of her instead of dissin her!

I just don't understand people's criticism of her being that way or anyone being that way, what is their problem with someone getting excited 'cos they finally won&deserved a major award? So many miserable&cynical people around these days, especially in the press.

Bring on the Oscar speech!!!!!

Go Kate

susanp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #167
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 04:19 PM
^ i posted that shaking head smilie in the wrong place&don't know how to remove it! It's meant to go right after 'instead of dissin' her'

susanp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #168
love, blood, life
Local Time: 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
The reactions of the Brits in this thread caught me off guard, too. Then I saw a link elsewhere to a column in a British newspaper that's echoing their sentiments, so apparently it's not just the few posters here who had those same thoughts.

Heaven fucking forbid someone actually show some emotion while accepting an award and are a) excited; b) shocked; c) overwhelmed.
It's ridiculous, because she's generally REALLY liked by the British press. But as soon as someone does anything even slightly emotional, they've had it. No one's counting in the fact that she was probably as nervous as hell.

I love Kate and don't care if she gives an even more embarrassing speech at the Oscars when she wins Best Actress

pgv is offline   Reply With Quote

awards, golden globe, nominations