2008 MTV VMAs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horizon40

The Fly
Any chance U2 will show up? It's the 25th Anniversary of the awards, and the band has been a big part of them (They got the Video Vanguard Award in 2001, I believe). There's a lot of talk of mixing new and old generations of MTV for the special show, and I think U2 fits into both of those. They're trying very hard to get Michael Jackson to present an award. So far the performers include Jonas Brothers, Kid Rock, Pink, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Lil Wayne and Paramore. All the buzz is around Britney Spears (isn't it always?) and MTV has been using images of her past performances to promote... I'd much rather see Bono and the boys, but I'm not sure what those odds are.

Anyone planning on tuning in? The air September 7th on MTV.

Vanguard presentation:
YouTube - U2 Video Vanguard Tribute (VMAs 2001)

Elevation / Stuck In A Moment Performace:
YouTube - U2 Elevation/Stuck In a Moment MTV VMA 2001

Britney Spears. :doh: MTV, please leave her alone for once!

I miss the early to mid 90s VMAs.. they were fun! Hopefully since this is the 25th anniversary and all, it will be interesting.

The only one of those performers listed I have any interest in seeing is Pink. I'll probably watch anyway because a) I'm curious about this Russell Brand fellow; and b) I :heart: dumb pop culture.

Oh, and c) because it will make for excellent snark.

Yeah, but only like 30 second clips of them while the credits roll on whatever shitty reality show is ending.

Or they're on at 1:30 in the morning. Or 7:00 in the morning, which is the same time VH1 shows actual videos. But each channel shows about 10 videos, most of which I really couldn't care less about.

:shrug:

I like how the MTV VMA's is in Zoo Station, very appropriate!!!

There used to be a day that it would have deserved being in Bang & Clatter... I miss those days.:sad:

Paramore?

0MG.png

Why is Katy Perry so popular for writing a song called I Kissed A Girl? Jill Sobule wrote a song by the same name in the 90's. Everyone forgot about her.

MTV doesn't show many videos anymore so why the VMA's hosted by MTV? Dunno if I am gonna watch, besides MTV will air the "LIVE" show repeatedly so there's no way you could possibly ever miss it. Doubt U2 are gonna show up.

Back
Top Bottom