2008 MTV VMAs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like them this year!!!
Lil wayne holy crap he makes me hott lol

Oh, hon. I wasn't feeling my age since my birthday, but you just made me officially feel fucking OLD.

I'm going to watch the opening just to see whatever Brit Brit is supposed to be doing, and then go do something else.

Bruce got a shout-out tonight. And while I don't love pop music, I grew up with Britney on my TV so I couldn't help but be happy to see her. She looked smokin' tonight... I'm glad she didn't perform, she's easing her way into things.

Britney won Video Of The Year, Pop Video of The Year and Female Video of The Year, all for "Piece Of Me". Well deserved, cause no other video was talked about as much this year. Hopefully next year she pulls out a classic Britney performance and rocks the VMAs like she did from 1999-2004. I have a feeling she will. I also have a feeling "Blackout" will make a clean sweep at the Grammys this year in the Pop/Dance categories.

The performances all bored this year. WTF - why was Christina lip syncing!? She barely danced, and her new single is shit.

Now, I gotta go watch Entourage.

^ i'm sorry sir her new single is good.

Oh, hon. I wasn't feeling my age since my birthday, but you just made me officially feel fucking OLD.

I'm going to watch the opening just to see whatever Brit Brit is supposed to be doing, and then go do something else.

I don't know, i still love rock and stuff but ever since like i've got older i've listened to rap and pop a lot more because it's what everyone listens to at my age, we get down to it. like y'all got down to Madonna and Micheal Jackson. Dont feel old, feel like hey ya i got to see these amazing people in there prime. that's how im gonna feel in 20 years.

I really enjoy a lot of pop music - it's the hip hop/R&B stuff that's so popular that I don't care for. Occasionally there's an artist or song that I kind of dig, but in general, I don't like Lil Wayne, Ne-Yo, Flo-Rida, Weezy Jeezy, T Bone Pain, or any of those whos-a-flooze-its.

^ I just googled Lil Wayne to see how he looks like. I don't see the appeal.

:wink:

If I have to guess....it's because of the internet. The kids with good taste in music...they can d/l what they want whenever they want....they can watch whatever video they want - past, present, future - on youtube whenever they want. I'm guessing that changes the business model for businesses like MTV and VH1.

Hmm great point! I suppose it's true. Is Kurt Loder still working for MTV???

Wow, that little opening sketch was 500 kinds of lame.

(Although I did chuckle at the line about lunching with Jeremy Irons and the Jonas Brothers, because ha ha ha - random!)

^i thought that too.... like wtf where did that Seth guy come from.. he isnt a musician!?!?

^ I just googled Lil Wayne to see how he looks like. I don't see the appeal.

:wink:

Dude Dude he makes millions and millions i see the appeal:wink:

Omg and my little brother watches this dumb drake and josh show and the drake kid got sexy.:drool:

Demi Moore must be the oldest person on this show by a good 30 years.

I turned on VH-1, and all they're showing is a screen that says "why aren't you watching the VMAs? We are." and then showing little peeks of what's going on live.

It's kind of weirding me out. I know they're owned by the same company and all, but sheesh. Three channels showing the same thing? Is this necessary? Why do they feel the need to air it on all three networks just in case? Is there some weird cable company in the country that shows MTV2 but not the other two?

The best thing on "music" television lately was 80 hours of the 80's on VH1 Classic last weekend.

Brit looked good.

I think I'm just really old.

Lil wanye is just soooo hot tho!!!
Lol T Bone Pain?! lol:shifty:

Please tell me you are kidding!

omg. I hope my little girl has better taste.:|

The show last night;
Unbearable to watch.
The host....horrible.
The direction of the whole show ...ridiculous.
what the hell happened to my favorite award show????????????:down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

I agree with Carlos. I flipped the channel because I was so disappointed with the whole show. From A to Z it was terribly disappointing. It looked like it was being filmed in a big warehouse by ameteurs. That host was really awful. Lil Wayne needs to wear his pants the proper way (I just HATE that look with the pants hanging off their asses). Even Kanye was dull and emotionless. It was tasteless and boring. :down:

0c3929c5b41b3c4c2f7f99d756a12483.jpg

I just watched the repeat of the VMA's, I thought Russell brand was brilliant (even if the audience didn't know what'd hit them) but the whole show had SUCH a staged, awkward feel to it. Katy Perry covering Madonna?! :down:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom