2008 Emmy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow,
Bryan Cranston for Breaking Bad :up:
this show is really good and Bryan is the heart of it.

Yes, it was a good field

but, this guy was more worthy than Spader or Jon Hamm
and I am a big Mad Man fan.

Last edited:
I tried to watch it, I got bored. The Desperate Housewives disturbed me with the way they all looked so frozen. I don't get Jeremy Piven, I've never seen Entourage but is he really that great? He is a prick but a sexy one imo, but definitely sexy only from a distance-when you get up close and get to know him my sense is that it's most definitely an ew. I've never seen 30 Rock or many of the other shows. Michael Emerson ripped off again, at least he won once for The Practice.

Where was Spader, I never saw Spader :drool: Julia Louis Dreyfuss looked gorgeous, I LOVED the color of her dress. I've always thought she's beautiful.

Ricky Gervais/Steve Carell :lol::up:
Josh Groban :up:

I'm curious about 30 Rock too now.

Too bad, The Office didn't win anything.

30 Rock is an excellent show, I highly recommend it. Although The Office is still number 1 for me, 30 Rock is a close number 2. The characters are amazing, and it's laugh out loud funny. I'm glad it's being recognized.

Mrs S, I agree with both the boredom - the show kind of lost me after the first hour, and I was really looking forward to it! - and with the Michael Emerson comment. That's the award that I cared most about all night. He knocked it out of the park last season, and he really deserved it.

I love that 30 Rock won so many awards!

Jeremy Piven always looks so skeezy to me. I've never seen the show, but I don't care. I was rooting for anyone but him to win. The guy just bugs me.

Ricky Gervais = awesome.

The reality hosts? Lamest shit EVER. I don't want anyone ever to bitch about anyone's hosting abilities any more for any award show. Hands down, this will always be the worst, and anything will be better than this.

I tried to watch it, I got bored. The Desperate Housewives disturbed me with the way they all looked so frozen. I don't get Jeremy Piven, I've never seen Entourage but is he really that great? He is a prick

The problem I have with Piven is that I get the sense the character he plays in Entourage is pretty much who he really is.

The problem I have with Piven is that I get the sense the character he plays in Entourage is pretty much who he really is.

I don't disagree, the same could be said for Alec Baldwin, if you have seen him interviewed on 60 minutes, etc. also, Tracy on 30 Rock is great, too.
again he is playing close to home.

Sometimes great acting is achieved by great casting?

I have not watched any of Entourage this season, it seems like I don't miss it.

But, when I start up on it with OnDemand, I always enjoy it. And Priven is at the center of that. The character is somewhat obnoxious, I think that may be why so many people don't like him.

I don't disagree, the same could be said for Alec Baldwin, if you have seen him interviewed on 60 minutes, etc. also, Tracy on 30 Rock is great, too.
again he is playing close to home.

Sometimes great acting is achieved by great casting?

I have not watched any of Entourage this season, it seems like I don't miss it.

But, when I start up on it with OnDemand, I always enjoy it. And Priven is at the center of that. The character is somewhat obnoxious, I think that may be why so many people don't like him.

I agree on all counts. I enjoy Piven on the show--but that's because he's supposed to be a character. I wouldn't enjoy that guy in real life, you know? That's all I meant. I watch Entourage when I'm waiting for the next thing to come on. But I don't pay much attention to it.

The Wire Didn't get shit!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

i know, i know.. they were up for only one award last tho.. that show has to be the most underrated show out there.. It had such spectacular writing and acting on that show... it bums me out that it didn't get recognized (over the few years it was on) for being such a amazing show.

Cori cori C-O-R-I cori!

I love that 30 Rock won so many awards!

:yes:
Jeremy Piven always looks so skeezy to me. I've never seen the show, but I don't care. I was rooting for anyone but him to win. The guy just bugs me.

Yes, I concur again. Especially after hearing what an asshole he was at the U2 show in Hawaii, thinking he was entitled to be on the rail or closed up because of his celebrity :angry:

Ricky Gervais = awesome.

The reality hosts? Lamest shit EVER. I don't want anyone ever to bitch about anyone's hosting abilities any more for any award show. Hands down, this will always be the worst, and anything will be better than this.

:yes:

Last edited:
Yeah, the few episodes I've seen of Mad Men were really well done. And January Jones is a fox. It probably deserved it, but I'm just a total LOST junkie/fanboy/apologist, etc.

I'd say I'm a bigger fan of Lost because of how long it's been on, the mythology, etc. But I think it's a lot easier for that show's producers to push certain buttons that they know will result in fan approval or admiration. I'm much more impressed with Mad Men's writing and characterization, and while it may not be as thrilling, its greatest moments seem much deeper than standard entertainment.

So I'm happy it won.

And I wouldn't worry too much about Hamm losing. I'm guessing he's going to have more opportunities, at the rate this show is going.

Nice to see Cranston successful outside Malcolm in the Middle.

Without going back and reading whole thread....1st :applaud::applaud: to Christina Applegate..I mean WOW she looked GREAT! and I am sure everyone was looking at her chest...total props to her for being there and being ever so beautiful:up:

Totally agree with Mrs. Springsteen about Jeremy Piven:down: bleh! I have never gotten why he thinks his shit don't stink...but he totally must think it...

Never seen the show that Bryan Cranston is on, but it was nice to see him win..and his speech was great

and 30 Rock...love, love love that show!! Tina Fey is a force to be reckoned with! You go girl!:D

Christina DID look fantastic. I was hoping she would get a standing ovation or something. I can't WAIT for her show to start its new season, I just love Christina's comedy!

I was also so happy with the recognition that Tina Fey has received for her 30 Rock show. Good for her! :up: And good for the show! :up::heart:

Back
Top Bottom