1. 2. 3. Lists.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

Way to soon for me. It's been a rather busy year, I've seen most of the contending domestic movies but very few foreign/art house movies from this year, I need to catch up on Netflix over this break, that and wait for a number of the films I want to see to come out in the US.

OK gotcha, cool idea.

This one is really important:

Movies I'm Gonna Watch Today
1. True Grit
2. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Movies from 2010 (sorta) I still have on deck:

True Grit
Secret Sunshine
Hadewijch
Ip Man 2
Somewhere
The Housemaid
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (first rewatch since NYFF)

And hopefully some way to see Blue Valentine and The Illusionist before too long.

Movies from 2010 (sorta) I still have on deck:

True Grit
Secret Sunshine
Hadewijch
Ip Man 2
Somewhere
The Housemaid
Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (first rewatch since NYFF)

And hopefully some way to see Blue Valentine and The Illusionist before too long.

Oh, also Tuesday, After Christmas.

Ranking the Alexis Bledel filmography:

1. Sin City
2. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
3. Rushmore
4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2
5. Tuck Everlasting
6. I'm Reed Fish
7. The Good Guy
8. Post Grad

"Christmas films" that I intend to watch/rewatch this week:

1. It's a Wonderful Life (in the big screen)
2. A Christmas Tale.

Boonmee's finally in a public tracker. I may wait until my 2010 spree is done as I consider this to be a 2011 release; I go by US theatrical release in most cases, like current foreign fare, unless we're talking about ones from the '60s or '70s that took 3-4 years to make it to the States.

Anyway, 5 movies I will be watching soon because I nabbed this box set on the cheap:

1. Shadows
2. Faces
3. A Woman Under the Influence
4. The Killing of a Chinese Bookie
5. Opening Night

I'll probably put Boonmee on this year's list AND next year's list (eh, probably not really... but maybe), since I'll surely see it in its theatrical run again this March, and also because Joe is my god and fuck all the rest. Also, YLB, if you plan on waiting anyway, I'd really suggest trying to see it in a theater initially if you think you'll be able to get the chance. Big difference with this one.

Also, Cassavettes FTMFW. Chinese Bookie is a personal favorite.

I will definitely try to see it in theaters. There's an off chance it'll make it to Tallahassee, and even if it does, it will have a very small window, I'm assuming.

I'm interested in seeing the shorter edit of Chinese Bookie. I found the longer edit a little hard for me to penetrate (have fun, Laz), but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I'd also strongly urge you to check out some of Joe's other work first as well. At least Tropical Malady and Syndromes and a Century, and maybe some of his easier-to-find short films.

I think most Cass fans would agree the shorter theatrical cut of Chinese Bookie is quite a bit better, actually. You should really love it.

Those are both somewhere on the Netflix queue. I'll bring 'em up before I check out Uncle Boonmee.

To be honest, my attention's not the best when watching a movie very late at night, so I'm always willing to give something like Chinese Bookie another shot. That compounded with seeing the other cut will help. I haven't heard much about Opening Night, though considering the cast and subject matter I feel like I would enjoy that a good deal.

Opening Night is fantastic. Then again, every Cass film I've seen has been. I'd especially recommend Husbands if you haven't seen it. Possibly my second favorite.

I've only seen A Woman Under the Influence, which I loved, and the longer cut of Chinese Bookie. Husbands is the first one outside of the set that I'd like to check out.

I've never seen any Cassavettes. It's not much of a priority.

I did see him in DePalma's The Fury the other day though. A film that was not as good as I was hoping it would be, but shame on me for getting my hopes up with this director.

I cheated a little bit. She was an extra. But she is sitting here, as cute as ever, directly to Schwartzman's left in the front row of the classroom.

YouTube - Alexis Bledel in Rushmore

Wow, I didn't even have to play the video to see her. Kind of ironic, no, with Rory going to fancy schools?

I wouldn't mind passing her my pencil under the desk, if you get my meaning.

Back
Top Bottom