'You're late. What took you so long? God help you become victorious' - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 03-24-2003, 02:54 AM   #16
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Sorry I didnt know this was a private party...

I think it isnt hard to find Iraqi opinions from both sides really. On the TV the other day I saw Human Shields being welcomed by Iraqi civilians and greeted as heros.

I just wonder what the world is coming to when assassination, blackmail, bribes etc. are all seen as acceptable practices

And on the legitimacy, the actual legality of the invasion is extremely questionable. However, something that is certainly not covered by UN resolutions is regime change afaik

Old 03-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #17
New Yorker
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Well, one thing that was pointed out well by President Clinton, was that it's not the fact that Iraq has WMD's, lot's of countries do, it's the fact that they are in the hands of a fanatical tyrant that has used them. So if you want to kill two birds with one stone, then regime change would be it. You could get rid of the WMD's (yeah right) and still have Saddam torturing and villianizing the people of Iraq. But get rid of Saddam and the threat from the weapons goes away and the so do the massive number of deaths of Iraqi citizens.