You Vote, You Fight - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2004, 06:33 AM   #1
Acrobat
 
Hawk269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Local Time: 04:59 AM
You Vote, You Fight

Those who voted for Bush should be willing to fight his war. And send your kids over there once they are old enough to fight. This way, when the flag draped coffin comes back, you’ll see what your vote got you.
__________________

__________________
Hawk269 is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 06:36 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:59 PM


If you voted for Bush your kid deserves to die!

That is the basic message of this screed - send it to locksville baby
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 06:47 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 03:59 AM
You know, Kerry also voted to authorize the use of force, knowing full well that war was a likely outcome.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 03:59 AM
Re: You Vote, You Fight

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk269
Those who voted for Bush should be willing to fight his war. And send your kids over there once they are old enough to fight. This way, when the flag draped coffin comes back, you’ll see what your vote got you.
By your logic, those who oppose the war should subject themselves to a few years in Saddam's torture chambers.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 06:54 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:59 PM
I's not logic, dont start an argument with him or open it up to others, this is moonbat venting Level 1 - recrimination, so just ignore it and it will go away.

Remember the Lizardoid prayer
Quote:
Oh lord, grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls, the courage to debate with honest opponents, and the wisdom to know the difference.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 06:55 AM   #6
Acrobat
 
Hawk269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
You know, Kerry also voted to authorize the use of force, knowing full well that war was a likely outcome.
Nice try, ace. I meant voting in the 2004 Presidential Election, knowing now what we know.
__________________
Hawk269 is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 06:57 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:59 PM
Knowing now what we know would be what, the US is in Iraq; there are two options either leave or stay. On one hand the US could pull out all troops as quickly as possible and leave the country free to turn into a slaughterhosue - but at least the troops will be out of harms way and all that death would have been utterly pointless. On the other hand one could accept that the US is in there, and that in the long run it is better for both the Iraqi's and the US that this venture suceeds, regardless of the partisan divide.
__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 07:01 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk269


Nice try, ace. I meant voting in the 2004 Presidential Election, knowing now what we know.
Nice try, "rules for draw and stud poker".

If you're going to frame our options in the war as "continue to fight and send American kids home in body bags" and "end the war", I'm going to say that ending the war leads to to establishment of a Shari'a state in Iraq.

Then perhaps we can say those who voted for Kerry should subject themselves to a few years of living in such a place.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 07:05 AM   #9
Acrobat
 
Hawk269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer


Then perhaps we can say those who voted for Kerry should subject themselves to a few years of living in such a place.
Who started the war in Iraq? Ohh yeah. It was Bush and his legion of ideologues. How quickly and conveniently we forget. Woops.
__________________
Hawk269 is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 07:09 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk269


Who started the war in Iraq? Ohh yeah. It was Bush and his legion of ideologues. How quickly and conveniently we forget. Woops.
Hence the note about Kerry also authorizing the use of force.

Everyone had to know in advance that the Iraq campaign would take years. We weren't just going to march on Baghdad, topple Saddam, and leave a power vacuum. Come on.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 07:30 AM   #11
Acrobat
 
Hawk269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer


Hence the note about Kerry also authorizing the use of force.

Everyone had to know in advance that the Iraq campaign would take years. We weren't just going to march on Baghdad, topple Saddam, and leave a power vacuum. Come on.
Well, either you have successfully missed my point or you are deliberately attempting to shift the scope of this thread. My point was that if you voted for Bush in this election, you are supporting his foreign policy and you should be willing to fight in the wars he chooses to wage. You gave him carte blanche to wage war when he sees fit. If you want to talk about Kerry and try to make him responsible for the war in Iraq, go ahead. Yes, he voted to authorize the use of force. He, and all of us, will have to live with the consequences of that decision. But (to use Bush’s words) “make no mistake” - the war was waged by Bush and his legion of ideologues. So let’s not try to shift the scope here and spread the responsibility around like a plate at Thanksgiving. The buck stops with Bush.
__________________
Hawk269 is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 07:34 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BrownEyedBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Posts: 3,510
Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer


Nice try, "rules for draw and stud poker".

If you're going to frame our options in the war as "continue to fight and send American kids home in body bags" and "end the war", I'm going to say that ending the war leads to to establishment of a Shari'a state in Iraq.

Then perhaps we can say those who voted for Kerry should subject themselves to a few years of living in such a place.
My thoughts exatly. What are they complaining about? Kerry would be forced to do the same thing.
__________________
BrownEyedBoy is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 07:41 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,573
Local Time: 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk269


My point was that if you voted for Bush in this election, you are supporting his foreign policy and you should be willing to fight in the wars he chooses to wage.
You make two assertions here:

1. If you voted for Bush, you support his foreign policy.

This is about 90% true. Fine.

2. If you support Bush's foreign policy, you should be willing to fight in the wars he chooses to wage.

This is the point I have assailed in my previous posts by making parallel arguments.
__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 08:21 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,427
Local Time: 03:59 AM
Re: You Vote, You Fight

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk269
And send your kids over there once they are old enough to fight. This way, when the flag draped coffin comes back, you’ll see what your vote got you.
i love when the moore kool-aid drinkers bring this doozie of an argument out. it makes me laugh. i believe bill o'reilly, the scorn of all of the kool-aid drinkers, put it best when he answered moore with "if my son decided to do that, i would support his decision."

because, after all, a parent can not force their 18 year old to join the army. at that point, they are on their own to make their own decisions. and if i had a son who was 18, and he wanted to join the miliatary, i would support him in that decision, just like i support my friends who are over there now.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-04-2004, 08:42 AM   #15
Acrobat
 
Hawk269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 322
Local Time: 04:59 AM
Re: Re: You Vote, You Fight

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase


i love when the moore kool-aid drinkers bring this doozie of an argument out. it makes me laugh. i believe bill o'reilly, the scorn of all of the kool-aid drinkers, put it best when he answered moore with "if my son decided to do that, i would support his decision."

because, after all, a parent can not force their 18 year old to join the army. at that point, they are on their own to make their own decisions. and if i had a son who was 18, and he wanted to join the miliatary, i would support him in that decision, just like i support my friends who are over there now.

You can quote the great O'Reilly until your face turns blue. If you are willing to vote for President Bush, then you should be willing to see your kid come home in a casket when Bush sends him or her to fight his war. Or better yet, be able to see them walking around with prosthetic limbs. And don't forget to help them with their rehab. After all, it's the least you can do.
__________________

__________________
Hawk269 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com