You know you've been watching too much of the campaign when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
The other night I had a dream that I was in St. Louis. The next day I was watching CNN and John Kerry was in St. Louis!! And no, I had not heard the day before that Kerry would be there. That was just odd. I've also noticed quite often when Kerry is in need of a haircut and when he has had one. I'll only be paying even MORE attention since i'm taking government in school. :huh:

you know that you've been watching too much of it when you start getting angry and depressed every time you see Kerry or Bush because you are being overtaken by the fear that the person you DONT want in the oval office is going to win.

A_Wanderer said:
Or realizing that they are the only choices that you have :wink: .

Yeah, there's something unfortunate about this whole situation. I'm seriously thinking of wearing a clothespin on my nose to the voting booth in November. Heck, I might as well have some humor about it. :wink:

I dreamt about seeing Kerry & Edwards a couple of nights ago too!

I am getting WAY too wound up over this election, to the point that I wish I didn't care who is President. I wish I could be one of those apathetic people who just doesn't care and doesn't vote.

But that's not me. I care. Too much.

Diane L said:
I dreamt about seeing Kerry & Edwards a couple of nights ago too!

I am getting WAY too wound up over this election, to the point that I wish I didn't care who is President. I wish I could be one of those apathetic people who just doesn't care and doesn't vote.

But that's not me. I care. Too much.

sometimes i feel that way, especially when i see my friends in their ignorant bliss, but then i pride myself on my knowledge.

Diane L said:
....But that's not me. I care. Too much.

:hug: it's not that you care too much...it's thaT you "just" [not always easy] need to learn to stop thinking about it, or listening to stuff. Go do the other things you enjoy, and be with the people you love to be with. :D

And if these people- some of them talk politics as much as you do :lmao:, agree to pursue other interests in your coversations & get togethers. :wink:

believe me I know. :yes:
I've been a quarter news junkie/policy 'wonk' {done campaing volunteering off & on sinse I was 15} since I was around ...14 or so.
{also 'tomboy', fashionista, 'nerd' [geek hadn't yet been invented as a word], R&R Fan, SF fan--gee, that probably adds up to more than 100%-- I am bigger than the sum of my 'parts'}

I've been an Air America junkie since it debuted here in NYC!
I listen as much as I can, sometimes "afraid" to miss a scorching piece of info or hilarious piece of political comedy, both they do well.

But I either tear myself away or really feel like listening to other things- music, vids tv etc. ANd my friends & I mostly all shades of 'raving' L-i-b-e-r-a-l-s, luckily share a bunch of other passions to have fun with.

If you haven't heard Air America yet, they're up to 30 stations across the country. Clear Channel picked them up. And they do beat Rush-bo & Hannity in places and certain important deomographics!

Last edited:
Thank you for the thoughtful post, Dazzedbylight!

I do listen to Air America radio. Randi Rhodes is fabulous!

And I do try to get my head into other things. In fact, I really don't have a choice anymore--I have a freelance project that will keep me plenty busy, along with grad school!

thanks. RR IS great but I love them all in their various set-ups & interactions.

I think my favs as a whole group --very hard to pick-- Liz, Rachel & Chuck D. Liz & Rachel alone are also very,very funny.

I actually tape abit {any of them} of their fun/snarky/sarcastic etc political humor and a few pieces o fsome of their info discussions & interviews.

good luck w your project. :up:

what are you stuying in grad school?

Back
Top Bottom