You are reading the post of a future leader.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Today I got accepted into the prestigous President's Leadership Program at Christopher Newport University. That means I get a $1000 scholarship for EACH YEAR, plus $500-1000 for studying abroad, preferential housing (suite or dorm), and an automatic minor in leadership. I'll be taking certain courses each year that have to do with leadership, plus electives that match with my major (poli-sci). I will also have the opportunity to intern in some way which involves leadership, for me I'll most likely be at the Capitol or White House. :hyper: I'll also be required to attend speakers series and leadership workshops, and sometimes host my own workshop. I will also be working closely with the president of the school, a former US Senator, Paul Trible. I will have many opportunities to work with leaders in Washington, so I'll be very busy!

I hope I won't let y'all down as I work to make this world and country a better place. :up:

(PS-mods please don't close this because this announcement is different from the one in PLEBAns due to the fact that it deals more with politics.)

I'll vote for you early and often! ;)

Congratulations!

Hrm. Thats quite cool, as I intend to become Primeminister one day, so we can hopefully make the world a better place then. :wink:

You should start your manifesto already, however, so that we can all get a strong idea of what you stand for, and to avoid all those 'flip-flopping' comments. :p

Ant. - who'd probably vote for you, if he was American.

:eyebrow: oh I don't like that, what with me being the interference partner of U2Democrat and all that - I do it better anyway :kiss: and :sexywink: to U2Democrat.

I can't say that you and I have ever really discussed anything so you don't really know me, but I just wanted to say congratulations on your accomplishment. :applaud:

Anthony said:
Hrm. Thats quite cool, as I intend to become Primeminister one day, so we can hopefully make the world a better place then. :wink:

You should start your manifesto already, however, so that we can all get a strong idea of what you stand for, and to avoid all those 'flip-flopping' comments. :p

Ant. - who'd probably vote for you, if he was American.

Well then we could have a great partnership across the pond, couldn't we? Anytime a situation gets tense we could bring in Bono to help. :wink:

I don't know why I didn't use it earlier - the concept just works so well. You must author a polit-sci paper on it at some point.

:lol: alright.

next year i'll have to keep everyone updated on the latest speakers i've seen and workshops i've been to. with the president's connections they've gotten some pretty big people, i.e. former president bush.

/whisper
"he is confused now, prepare for war"
/end whisper and talk
"Yes all is forgiven - celebrate peace"

Back
Top Bottom