You Are Prejudice? Measure your attitudes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Are You Prejudice? Measure your attitudes.

It is well known that people don't always 'speak their minds', and it is suspected that people don't always 'know their minds'. Understanding such divergences is important to scientific psychology. This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. It also displays the method in a do-it-yourself demonstration form. This new method is called the Implicit Association Test, or IAT for short.

Race ('Black-White' IAT). This IAT requires the ability to distinguish faces of European and African origin. The Black-White IAT appears to be our most distressing test. It indicates that most Americans have an automatic preference for White over Black.

('young-old' IAT). This IAT requires the ability to distinguish old from young faces. This test often indicates that Americans have automatic preference for young over old.

('Gender-Science' IAT). This IAT often reveals a relative link between liberal arts and females and between science and males.

Presidents ('Presidential Popularity' IAT). This IAT requires the ability to recognize photos of George W. Bush and one or more previous presidents. The results revealed by this test provide a new method of appraising public support for the President of the United States.

Take the Implicit Association Test here

I am human. I have prejudices.

Last edited:
According to this tests, I have a:

Moderate preference for old people

A slight association of women with Science.

A moderate preference for black people

A slight preference for Bush

I really doubt that this test is accurate though.

Fascinating. I dont agree with its methods, having largely the first part of the questions set so that the African American image was on the right, then changing to the left. With it constantly emphasizing time being an issue, a habit is developed by then. I think this skews the test results.

I also didn't get how the red X's worked. During the test, I only got one red X which I thought meant I picked the wrong one. Yet my results showed I have a slight preference for European American.

I think I'll just write this one off.

Angela Harlem,

I hear what you are saying.

The site does give explanations on the methodology.

Scientists at credible universities developed it

I have been striving to set aside my bias attitudes.

If I took this test ten years ago, I would probably have had a strong preference for Europeans.

Thanks deep, I'm sure there is a quite scientific explanation as to why it is set up the way it is, like you said. I just wondered after, if it had been reversed, would the results be different?

I guess we'll never know!

Can't understand why I have a stronger association to males and science, when I don't really believe there is any difference between a man or a woman understanding it?? Maybe I was too slow? I am kinda of relaxed at the moment... I'll finish it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, that was educational. I'm not surprised with my attitude for males & science or RR & GB, but I was pleased to see my outcome on race.

Back
Top Bottom