Yet another attack of AlQuaida?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klaus

Refugee
on a one of these small green spots at that blue p
On Saturday there was a terrorist attack in Afghanistan against (German) ISAF troops.

0,1307,OID1935244,00.jpg

4 Soldiers were killed, all 29 surviving soldiers are now in German military hospitals.

The Officials in Kabul say it was a terrorist attack organized by the Al Quaida network.

A short "Chronic of violence" against ISAF Soldiers:

Feb. 02: for ISAF soldiers were wounded by violences at a Soccer game in Kabul

March 02: 9 US soldiers were killed (6 when a Helicopter was shot down)

April 02: Rockets were shot at a ISAF camp in cabul by unknown people, nobody wounded

December 02: 7 German soldiers were killed by a crashlanding of a troophelicopter

January 03: Close to the German Base "Camp Warehouse" 2 bombs detonate

February 03: 2 rockets were fired to the German base when the German Defense Minister visited the troops - nobody wounded.

March 03: first rocket-strike against the ISAF headquater, noone wounded.

May 03: A British soldier is wounded by a grenadeattack.
2 Norweigan soldiers were wounded north of the capitol city by gunfire
62 Spanish soldiers were killed by a planecrash
1 German soldier killed by a mine, another wounded.

Klaus

I'm confused. I just saw on the news that Karzai is saying that he didn't think it was the Taliban. But was it Al-Qaeda? Some :censored: outfit had the weapons.:mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :scream: :scream:

Well Taliban and Al-Quaida isn't the same.
I can recomend you Roland Jacquards book about Osama Bin Laden (you remember that guy they wanted to "hunt down" a few years ago...
This book was written in 2000 but the history of Al-Quaida and the connections to the western world and to the Taliban is verry interesting to read.

Klaus

Thanks, I'll try to get that book. We have some books about Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden and the Taliban at work. I've been *really* distracted due to trips and having to give classes and stuff. Can you say "pressure"? Aarrggh. I hate pressure. :scream: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom