Yet another Airstrike against Falluja - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 09-13-2004, 08:28 AM   #1
Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 11:33 AM
Yet another Airstrike against Falluja

US bombards Falluja 'militants'
Buildings in Falluja bombed by US forces
At least 15 people have been killed in a joint US-Iraqi attack on militant positions in the restive Iraqi city of Falluja, according to hospital sources.

US artillery bombarded several districts, before circling warplanes opened fire, witnesses said.

The US military said it had "accurately targeted" militants from a group linked to al-Qaeda, but there were reports that civilians were among the dead.

It comes a day after 70 people were killed in fighting across Iraq.

According to Al-Jazeere, one of the "militants" is an Ambulance

And according to the doctor, ambulances are routinely targeted"

AFP said at least one house had been flattened by a US missile and two others were partially destroyed.

Ambulances and cars were reported to have been ferrying casualties to hospital.

The agency said four people were killed when a missile struck a civilian car driving on a motorway west of Falluja.

Witnesses described black columns of smoke above Falluja and said hundreds of families had begun to leave town, Reuters reported.

US forces using loudspeakers called on residents to co-operate and "expel terrorists from the centre of the city", Reuters said.

Old 09-14-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:33 AM
All of this stuff is scaring me. I know some people are going to think that I'm pressing a panic button--and I am, in fact, panic-prone--but I'm afraid this situation is going to get worse. There are reports that whole cities are being held by insurgents, and the insurgents are getting stronger. It's not good.