Yes, you all were right!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by TheU2:
Asshole didn't prevent the attack because he wanted to setup a scenerio that would allow the government to have more control and wider "nets" to cast over us, his constituents.
CK
You're being facetious, right?
You're not really upset that Bush didn't forsee what would happen, are you? Especially since they get threats all the time? Especially since he would have had to have been a freaking clairevoyant (sp?) to know that it would have happened in that specific way at that specific time at those specific places?

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Asshole didn't prevent the attack because he wanted to setup a scenerio that would allow the government to have more control and wider "nets" to cast over us, his constituents.
CK
You're being facetious, right?
You're not really upset that Bush didn't forsee what would happen, are you? Especially since they get threats all the time? Especially since he would have had to have been a freaking clairevoyant (sp?) to know that it would have happened in that specific way at that specific time at those specific places?

Yes to all your questions.

CK

Yes to all your questions.
CK
Oh good. I thought you were, but wanted to make sure. I'm sorry I spoiled the moment.

I won't go into dealing with this whole situation yet, however, I do find it strangly missing that the one fact in all of this that remains, and when looking to place accountability, that our last PResident.. Bill Clinton.. was offered on a plate of fine china, 'Osama Bin LAden' as a US Prisoner by the sudanese.. and Bill Clinton said.. 'NO'..

Sigh.. And You want to talk about accountability... that's just the beginning.

Bush did alert the proper authorities.. and other people and groups did receive these same warnings..

How many other warnings since have we been given.. I think Conan O Brien had a nice joke about the latest one a while back.

L. Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 05-16-2002).]

Whats worse is this WREAKS of policital
oppurtunism from the opposing side.
These shrill and groundless theories are politically motivated.
At what lengths will some polictians sink in furthuring their own agendas and careers?
Esp w/the present psyche of the entire nation and free world.
Causing additional panic and chaos is another form of terrorism, -emotional terrorosm.
This is clearly a time for unity and NOT dissension.
Good thread Chris.
Nice replys Zone and 80s.
Lemon go ez
wink.gif

Out-
diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-16-2002).]

Well lets see, if we knew that on one of our daily tens of thousands of flights originating in the US that this were to happen, we could have kept every Arab from flying. Or we could have let them on the plane only after a strip search or further check. Of course the same liberals who are trying to put this story in neon would be screaming "racial profiling"!

However, that is if we knew it was a domestic flight, but the article stated US intrests abroad, and I also heard a mention today of an embassy in Japan. But with threats coming in on a daily basis, what are you to do? Follow every lead, with a skeleton crew and a fresh wound from a known enemy?

I'm sure they knew something was going on, I mean they had to have had some radar. Even though the Clinton administration depleted the military to almost unrecognizable levels and assumably he did the same to the intelligence community. But after the US embassy bombings, the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center, the 1993 assasination attempt on former President Bush, the bombing at Khobar towers, and the USS Cole attack you'd think he'd have pulled up his pants long enough to take notice.

So why didn't Clinton take action at the appropriate times when we, or our intrests were targeted before? Why didn't he pursue Bin Laden when he had the chance? And why in the hell did he not so much as blink an eye when the USS Cole was attacked? Our military was attacked, he knew whom was responsible. He let it go.

Shouldn't the real issue be "Bill Clinton have prior knowledge of 911 attacks?"

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 05-16-2002).]

CK

Facetious or not, before calling anyone an Asshole why don't YOU take a good long look in the mirror

Originally posted by z edge:
Well lets see, if we knew that on one of our daily tens of thousands of flights originating in the US that this were to happen, we could have kept every Arab from flying. Or we could have let them on the plane only after a strip search or further check. Of course the same liberals who are trying to put this story in neon would be screaming "racial profiling"!

This is actually a very important point. If the FBI, CIA or whoever had investigated the visas of the scores of Arabs taking flying lessons, and details of this investigation had been leaked to the media, there almost surely would have cries of racism.

In hindsight, they obviously should have investigated these Arab aviation students. Would such an investigation have been justified given what the FBI knew at the time? Hard to say.

Very good point Speedracer, I should have pointed out that the FBI, CIA dropped the ball personally as well. But I think I pointed to their boss, the top, because he tied their hands so and did nothing when he was offered Bin Laden.

As for Bush, he obviously knew nothing or very very little prior to the attacks. What we should focus on with him is how he has stood firm and led this country since the attacks.

Ouch...

CK

Well,
Joking or no you still called the President an Asshole.
You should expect someone to comment on that. Every thread I see you in there is some controversey surrounding you??????

Originally posted by z edge:
Well,
Joking or no you still called the President an Asshole.
You should expect someone to comment on that. Every thread I see you in there is some controversey surrounding you??????

Are you one of those people who goes to a comedy show and gets pissed at the standup guy for telling a dirty joke? Please take the stick out of your ass before you log onto Interference.com.

I hate people like you.

CK

I was hoping to find this discussion here!

Bush may have known that some sort of attacks were being planned using civil aviation - but he did not know that the planes would be used as missles.

No that being said, he did know that "people would be trained to fly." And they did catch Moussoui (Sp?) before Sept. 11. Although this hurts my jello-like liberal innards, I do not believe Bush is the one to blame. the CIA, FAA, FBI or whoever, was not diligent enough in following up on flight schools and students at these schools. Imagine if they did do the job, and caught just three more of these guys. That would leave maybe two planes - maybe higher security at airports. Americans just were not prepared for that type of attack on our soil. We believed "it couldn't happen here."

Are you one of those people who goes to a comedy show and gets pissed at the standup guy for telling a dirty joke? Please take the stick out of your ass before you log onto Interference.com.

I hate people like you.

CK
No my friend, if you ever read my posts you'll see I do anything but get pissed about dirty jokes.

There is a difference between good old fashioned dirty and poor taste as in the namecalling you often result too and the lies you tell to get attention around here.

As far as the stick in my ass? It's my ass so I'll do with it as I please.

Back
Top Bottom