yeah....now we've lost common sense...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
State Senator Ernie Chambers Sues God
Chambers says its to prove a point about frivolous lawsuits.

OMAHA, Neb -- State Senator Ernie Chambers is suing God. He says it to prove a point about frivolous lawsuits.

Chambers says senators periodically have offered bills prohibiting the filing of certain types of suits. He says his main objection is the constitution requires that the doors to the courthouse be open to all. Chambers said, "Thus anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody - even God."

Chambers said he decided to file this lawsuit after a suit was filed in early September in federal court against Lancaster County Judge Jeffre Cheuvront. He's the judge who was hearing a sexual assault case, where the woman wants to use the words "rape and victim" during her testimony.

Chambers lawsuit, which was filed on Friday in Douglas County Court, seeks a permanent injunction ordering God to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats.

The lawsuit admits God goes by all sorts of alias, names, titles and designations and it also recognizes the fact that the defendant is “Omnipresent”.

In the lawsuit Chambers says he’s tried to contact God numerous times, “Plaintiff, despite reasonable efforts to effectuate personal service upon Defendant (“Come out, come out, wherever you are”) has been unable to do so.”

The suit also requests that the court given the “peculiar circumstances” of this case waive personal service. It says being Omniscient, the plaintiff assumes God will have actual knowledge of the action.

The lawsuit accuses God “of making and continuing to make terroristic threats of grave harm to innumerable persons, including constituents of Plaintiff who Plaintiff has the duty to represent.”

It says God has caused, “fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes, pestilential plagues, ferocious famines, devastating droughts, genocidal wars, birth defects, and the like.”

The suit also says God has caused, “calamitous catastrophes resulting in the wide-spread death, destruction and terrorization of millions upon millions of the Earth’s inhabitants including innocent babes, infants, children, the aged and infirm without mercy or distinction.”

Chambers also says God “has manifested neither compassion nor remorse, proclaiming that Defendant “will laugh” when calamity comes.

Chambers asks for the court to grant him a summary judgment. He says as an alternative, he wants the judge to set a date for a hearing as “expeditiously” as possible and enter a permanent injunction enjoining God from engaging in the types of deleterious actions and the making of terroristic threats described in the lawsuit.

Heh, I read about this story earlier, and when I saw the title of this thread, I knew it was going to be about this story.

Does anyone else hear a little Ricky Ricardo voice saying, "God, you got a lot of splainin' to do!" when they read this article? :)

That's it, I'm suing Santa Clause for unjustly putting me on the "naughty" list.

hey guys, God is real....the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus (no E - unless you mean the movie) are not real, guys. They should not be compared, guys.

Mr. Green Eyes said:
I'm suing the Tooth Fairy, for not giving me money when I lose my first tooth.

Oh yeah, she's next...gave the kid down the road $1 and I only got 50 cents...suing her for discrimination.

zoney! said:
hey guys, God is real....the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus (no E - unless you mean the movie) are not real, guys. They should not be compared, guys.

Well if He is real then I wouldn't want to be Chambers right about now. I'd say suing God is grounds for immediat smiting, wouldn't you think?

Oh and tell the Easter Bunny he better have my creme eggs, or he's next...

CTU2fan said:

Well if He is real then I wouldn't want to be Chambers right about now. I'd say suing God is grounds for immediat smiting, wouldn't you think?

The God I believe in wouldn't smite over a lawsuit. :)

Back
Top Bottom