Yard sign stolen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cm

The Fly
This year was the first year I have ever put up a political yard sign in my yard. It was a relatively small sign for the local U.S. House race.

Two weeks ago the metal frame for the sign was stolen and the sign left laying in the yard. I then put it back up on a couple of wooden stakes and one week ago it was taken off and left laying in the yard. This past weekend the sign was taken.

Is this politics as normal? This has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Curt

Even worse - people defaming cars that have bumper stickers for a candidate they oppose.

Northern California is infamous for this.

My mom complained in 2004 about her Bush/Cheney signs being swiped from her yard.

Her instinct was to blame some angry Democrat, but I told her that she does live within a block of the high school ... it's pretty likely it was some teenager with nothing better to do.

But I know people do it out of spite for the opposing candidates, too. Politics have gotten so ugly, it's depressing. :(

I've never had a sign stolen, but I've worked campaigns when we had signs we put up stolen. It's a childish, stupid thing to do.

MaxFisher said:
I think that often times highschoolers are to blame for this sort of thing.

I tend to agree. We have a municipal election campaign going on in my area at the moment, and while I don't have any signs, a couple of my neighbours are on their third set.

HEY.....someone made off with my front yard pink flamingo......and NOW they stopped production of them!

:rant:

They just caught a city official her red-handed taking down and cutting up his opponents political signs. The police won't release the hidden video though. buzz killing wankers hmph.

In high school we used to steal as many signs as we could on one night, then put them all up in 1 guys yard. I think the most we ever did was 95 or so. Really good, harmless prank.

Guy goes to bed. Clean yard.

Guy wakes up. 95 political signs on front lawn.

MrBrau1 said:
In high school we used to steal as many signs as we could on one night, then put them all up in 1 guys yard. I think the most we ever did was 95 or so. Really good, harmless prank.

Guy goes to bed. Clean yard.

Guy wakes up. 95 political signs on front lawn.

A friend of mine in high school did that in the '04 election...I didn't endorse what he did (as I was the president of the young dems) but I still found it amusing.

U2democrat said:

A friend of mine in high school did that in the '04 election...I didn't endorse what he did (as I was the president of the young dems) but I still found it amusing.

Yeah, yeah we know you have to do the :shame: bit for your future aspirations, but we know you were really laughing your ass off! :wink:

How enlightening........I see the Pink Flamingo has finally made the national TV evening news.......{do not fear.......THEY will be back and stronger than ever}! Of course, many Floridians will be moving out of state because of excessive homeowners insurance and increased taxes....but nonetheless as we depart the great state of Florida......we will haul along our dear beloved pink flamingo.

Maybe someday we'll hear about THAT on the national TV evening news.....but then perhaps not since it is not truly news-worthy.

Now I know what was meant by "you'll see THEM in your homes, etc......."

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom