Ya Basta! - The United Nations / War and further explanations - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2001, 11:45 PM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:37 AM
This war should be also a great opportunity for the United Nations to undergo a serious refit. Where is the United Nations leadership, where is Koffi Annan in Israel ?

BTW, anybody knows if the United Nations release the debates of their different Assemblies and Organisms ?

Thank You, cheers.

------------------
And we all shine on, like the sun, the moon and the stars.
- John Lennon

Old 10-26-2001, 01:53 PM   #17
War Child

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Holy John:
[B]This war should be also a great opportunity for the United Nations to undergo a serious refit. Where is the United Nations leadership, where is Koffi Annan in Israel ?

Yes, where is the United Nations leadership? The UN decided that September 11th was a crime against the UN and not just the US. But what has happened since then? Recently they've started to express discomfort with Aid not getting through and the use of certain bombs. But there's no leadership or strategy ( well, not as far as I can see) apart from letting the US and Britain get on with it.

A Muslim scholar in the UK recently said that a Fatwa (please excuse my spelling if it's wrong) should be put on Bin Laden. This leads me to believe that there is a different way to sort things out, and that governments should talk to Muslims to get their input. It wouldn't do any harm.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

[This message has been edited by Mirrorball Man (edited 10-26-2001).]

Old 10-26-2001, 09:33 PM   #18
Acrobat

It is THE organization, the WORLD-WIDE organization for human rights on this planet. Therefore, it should take its responsabilities. By taking responsabilities, I do not only see responsabilities vs the world, but vs some countries within it's own organization, like countries who are not paying their duty... mmmmm... I'm thinking of one, owing a couple of more millions...

Koffi Annan, you won the Nobel Prize for Peace... and you own it. But do a major refit of your organization and do it for the organization and for the Human Rights. Where do you denounce the bombings of the Red Cross, even if they are errors ? Where are you in Israel ? United Nations means all countries...

cheers

------------------
Everything that tries to overpower the Gods are reduced to ashes by the Gods.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:30 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Holy John:
It is THE organization, the WORLD-WIDE organization for human rights on this planet. Therefore, it should take its responsabilities.
What's interesting about this statement is that Sudan, a known SLAVE STATE, participates as a member of the U.N.'s Human Rights Commission, thus the insistence of some U.S. Congressional and senatorial leaders, (but not entirely President Bush) to withhold some of our dues. I can't say that I blame them, as I am opposed to slavery.

~U2Alabama