Wwfymd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

i still think it's bad advice, for two reasons:.

I don't think he was offering it as advice in fairness. In anything, the opposite.

Edited to correct typo.

Last edited:
MadelynIris said:

Right - but now I question you on this:

Do you believe on principle, that any kind of physical confrontation is always wrong?

Is there any situation where it is called for?

it's always the worst option.

however, if one has to fight to defend one's life, then yes, that would be a situation where it is called for.

drunken idiots aren't a threat to anyone's life, so i can't see being a morality vigilante and enforcing what you (and most of us) deem to be correct behavior via the use of physical force.

I really wish I could remember the link to the story I am about to relate, but I can't...
Some guys blog... a gay new york 20 something on the NY subway getting harrased by a street preacher- talking about "homosexuals" burning in hellfire and all that. His response? Show tunes. Belted out a couple show tunes. Ended with a big finish and "jazz hands" for the added flare. Shut him up quick. And entertained the rest of the train.
I thought it was a brillant story and highlighted something we don't immediately think of when being threatened- our own power. That he was able to tap his own pride (not just a parade...) and his own power and use it-I find it inspiring.
Although, in your situation, I probably would have stayed silent and gotten off the train as soon as possible... You know, or a rousing sing along of "In the name of Love" .....

Back
Top Bottom