WTF possessed that woman to beat up her child like that?????!!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2002, 07:26 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 08:12 AM
WTF possessed that woman to beat up her child like that?????!!!

This morning on GMTV, British TV, had a live link to LA where the reporter showed the CCTV footage of the mother beating her daughter almost endlessly earlier that day in a car-lot............mum and I were like ................(yea I was pissed on before for opening a thread similar to this, dont do it again, Im curious on responses).......anyway, yes as we all know a lot of this goes on all over the place behind closed doors, but like, if she just so happens to see herself caught, shes BOUND to hide, right? That poor child............I heard LA police are huntin before she damages the kid...........................oh my g*d, watchin her punch, beat, kick........etc...........one of the most hated woman in LA now......

sure sure, a lot of parents prob nearly lose their temper, even show a bit, from frustration, but that is crossing the line!

some of u will prob put it down to overstress from frustration...I duuno........its no excuse though.........

is all I can say, no surprise like, but at seeing it caught........

Old 09-20-2002, 09:16 AM   #2
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:12 PM
Well, I dont think you have to be a mother yourself to have a valid and legitimate opinion on this for starters. I haven't seen what you are talking about here maddie, but you are unfortunately right when you say it happens, and too often too. Once is too often after all.
I think regardless of exterior circumstances it is going too far. Everybody loses their temper. We all get pushed to our absolute limit and no doubt at all, a child is best equipped to push you as far as they possibly can. It is never EVER justified to beat a child as you describe this woman as doing. Never. It goes beyond losing control. It goes beyond losing your temper. Sudden rage that most people feel when they are pushed to their limit in most 'healthy' reactionary situations is extremely short lived. I expect this video shows this woman engaging in this appalling behaviour for a few minutes? The violence you posted about her actions is not that of a mother who has lost her temper. It indeed shows a lot more going on. It is extreme abuse and can never be tolerated.
I will with hold opinion on smacking etc. I dont think it falls under the same category. But beating your child? Its disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. The mentally well and stable do not beat children.

Old 09-20-2002, 09:21 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Mum said, (because it was repeated at least three times during the program), 'Come and see this quick!' AngelaHarlem I just ran in and in those few seconds saw the woman trying to put her in the back seat and (probably) belt her in, but she started slapping her and then looked like she was punching her rapidly several times on body or face!

Mum said just previous the mother had her on the floor (of the car I presume) beating her hard......probably using hard whacks with her hand or fist.........

CCTV never zoomed in, but it was close enough.

*edited for typo
Old 09-20-2002, 11:26 AM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 07:12 AM
thats awful......do you know if the mother had like a mental problem or something coz thats one of the only things i can can think of that would make a mother hit her child.....
Old 09-20-2002, 11:27 AM   #5
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 11:12 PM
It actually happened in South Bend Indiana...aparently the mother tried to return to some merchandise to a store and was denied. The store was suspicious and had security cameras follow her to the parking lot. I think they were trying to get her license plate number when she started beating the 4 year old girl.

My guess is she was mad because the store wouldn't take back the allegedly stolen items so she took it out on the little girl.

The CCTV camera was able to get her license plate number and contacted her family, who were very uncooperative. They have her name and have now arrested her sister, who was in the car and did nothing to stop the beating.

I can only imagine what that poor kid goes through at home

I hope they catch that and treat her the same way she treated her own child. I could not believe the way she not only slapped her but she pulled her hair and then finished up by punching her in the head 3 times with a closed fist.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:26 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:12 AM

My sister works for the Department of Human Services, and I can assure you, I've heard way worse than this. It's very sad, and the reasons behind it are complex. I guess the best the average person can do is report any isolated incidents to the authorities. Child abuse of all kinds is a big problem.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:43 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

On my local news last night it showed this. It is really bad. They got the license plate number off the car. The authorities went to the house and the person who owns the car is not the evil doer on the tape. The person would not give any information.

The child needs to be removed, the parent needs counseling and to be closely monitored if this child is in her custody again.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:16 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:12 AM
Wow...I haven't seen this footage, but...that's just wrong! How in the world can a mother do that to her own child?

Sadly she's not alone...I know some people I talk to online who live in abusive households. What has happened to the world? What is up with parents beating up their children? I don't understand it.

Angela
Old 09-23-2002, 12:02 AM   #9
Refugee

Hey maddie she's irish. And they say she's a tinker, or wha they are calling her over here, a Irish Travaler, or what we know them as tinkers. She has lived in many a places and even talks with a bit of a accent. They had this one cunt on saying that all Irish Travelers are theives. It gives Irish a bad name becasue we all know that all Irish are'nt like that.

Oh and hey how about those Armagh boys!!!....Anyone of who beats Kerry are allright to me. Up the North...!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 07:58 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Bonoman...........yes, Irish Travellers do still exist, have done for years and years, we had them up beside Central Train Station in their caravans on wastleland for oh, good couple of years or so, til they were kicked off.........prob do thieve ya know....but sure in South lots do still exist.........

as for ur second paragraph, I dont have a fuking clue what ur one about......must be a rant u just went on.....or somethin
Old 09-23-2002, 09:14 AM   #11
Banned

Local Time: 02:12 AM
i saw it , it happens , i truly belive she's a good mother and a good girl , was not lucky , caught on tape on her bad day , i'm sure she's sorry and will never do this again , Monsters are who showed this everywhere on TV with fury of fucking vampires , and now they want to destroy the family , child's future etc etc ,
Old 09-23-2002, 11:38 AM   #12
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
It actually happened in South Bend Indiana...aparently the mother tried to return to some merchandise to a store and was denied. The store was suspicious and had security cameras follow her to the parking lot. I think they were trying to get her license plate number when she started beating the 4 year old girl.

My guess is she was mad because the store wouldn't take back the allegedly stolen items so she took it out on the little girl.
thanks for clarifying...i was thinking there was another one that happened in LA and i was like

anyway, i guess someone interviewed her or something, cuz on the radio this morning they were saying she's so sorry, and is basically almost surprised and mad that people are juding her for this 15 seconds of footage.

she said she didn't take out the fact that she couldn't return 2 pairs of blue jeans on her child. they (it was a kohl's) also said she was angry when she left the store.

yeah. she didn't take it out on her child. suuuuuuure.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:08 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkfloyd
i saw it , it happens , i truly belive she's a good mother and a good girl , was not lucky , caught on tape on her bad day , i'm sure she's sorry and will never do this again , Monsters are who showed this everywhere on TV with fury of fucking vampires , and now they want to destroy the family , child's future etc etc ,

a good mother will never beat the living shit out of her child. come on...thats bullshit. i am a mother of a six year old. i would take my own life before doing something so terrible to my baby!!
overreaction on my part? no. i can't fathom someone doing something so horrific to their child, and then someone else making some lame-ass "mother had a bad day" excuse. I have bad days all the time! do i beat my child senseless?? No!!
Old 09-23-2002, 02:23 PM   #14
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by nellie

a good mother will never beat the living shit out of her child. come on...thats bullshit. i am a mother of a six year old. i would take my own life before doing something so terrible to my baby!!
overreaction on my part? no. i can't fathom someone doing something so horrific to their child, and then someone else making some lame-ass "mother had a bad day" excuse. I have bad days all the time! do i beat my child senseless?? No!!
Exactly how I feel about it nellie. This is not normal and most mothers would never dream of doing this to a child, no matter how mad you are or what a bad day you've had. This woman is a petty criminal who was pissed because she couldn't get a refund and her daughter was easier to hit than the store clerk. I would bet money its not the first time she's done it and if she wouldn't have been caught, probably not the last.

And what about her sister, the little girl's aunt, who sat by and did nothing to stop this? That alone tells me that this was normal behavior in that family. If I saw my sister hitting my niece like that, I would do everything I could to stop her, including calling the police. Bad day or whatever...the mother needs to learn self control.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:41 PM   #15
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i've heard she's also pleading innocent now.

the way i see it, having a child should give you some maturity and get a better hold on your temper. it doesn't automatically come with the birth of your kid, but you should love your child so much you wouldn't want to do anything to hurt it, etc. i think this should be a factor in determining whether or not this lady should have the right to raise her daughter.