WTF possessed that woman to beat up her child like that?????!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2002, 05:43 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 06:32 PM
that girl is NOT a good mother.

she needs major help...

I hope she gets jail time.

The kid will be better off........

Old 09-23-2002, 05:49 PM   #17
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:32 AM
I don't why that story has gone on international TV. The same thing would have happened in France, Germany or South Africa and no one would have cared

Old 09-23-2002, 06:01 PM   #18
Banned

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by oktobergirl
that girl is NOT a good mother.

she needs major help...

I hope she gets jail time.

The kid will be better off........

Well to destroy child , mother , and family future ...right

NOT ........
Old 09-23-2002, 06:03 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Holy John
I don't why that story has gone on international TV. The same thing would have happened in France, Germany or South Africa and no one would have cared

maybe, its because some countries are not all that verbal about child abuse in the home, where here in the u.s....we just don't put up with that shit. i don't know, just a theory i have. either way, it should not have happened. no child should ever have to be beaten...not even at the hand of his/her own mother.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:10 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkfloyd

NOT ........

i dont understand what your saying here...maybe you can explain more in detail how the baby will have any kind of future with that woman. am i missing something here? she beat her child! and she's probably done it before! if she's not stopped, she will end up killing the baby!
Old 09-23-2002, 06:11 PM   #21
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 06:32 PM
Quote:

NOT ........

So staying with a mother who beats you because she's had a bad day is a better alternative? Do you know how many children are seriously injured or even killed each year because no one wants to step in and do something about it?

If this woman had hit another adult like that, she would be looking at jail time...why should the law treat her any differently because the person she assaulted was her own child?

If she doesn't value her little girl enough to know its wrong to beat her, than she is the one who ruined the child's future, her own future and her family's future.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:21 PM   #22
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by nellie

maybe, its because some countries are not all that verbal about child abuse in the home, where here in the u.s....we just don't put up with that shit. i don't know, just a theory i have. either way, it should not have happened. no child should ever have to be beaten...not even at the hand of his/her own mother.
Well it is a theory, because in those cases here, if that happens, you can be sure that the media will talk about it. They won't make the mother a kind of "superstar" by getting her on interview on national television and they'll probably won't even show the tapes (that's private stuff), but they will talk about it. Publicity will go along with it, but I think in that case people are making it a huge story because she got actually caught on tape. If she hadn't been caught on tape, we'd probably be talking about Arafat lying in his ruins or the rest of the world getting srewed-up at the moment, than a particular case requiring a particular treatment, in one particular country (now being the US)... I mean, this story has gone way out of control. While RDI, Quebec's continuous news TV was showing Arafat circled in his Government building (now a ruin) with interviews and analysts, on CNN they were showing an interview with the mother. Is that pertinent information or easy little opportunism ? I'd take the second option.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:47 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:32 PM

Quote:
i truly belive she's a good mother
What leads you to believe that she is a good mother?

~U2Alabama
Old 09-24-2002, 01:20 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Holy John

Well it is a theory, because in those cases here, if that happens, you can be sure that the media will talk about it. They won't make the mother a kind of "superstar" by getting her on interview on national television and they'll probably won't even show the tapes (that's private stuff), but they will talk about it. Publicity will go along with it, but I think in that case people are making it a huge story because she got actually caught on tape. If she hadn't been caught on tape, we'd probably be talking about Arafat lying in his ruins or the rest of the world getting srewed-up at the moment, than a particular case requiring a particular treatment, in one particular country (now being the US)... I mean, this story has gone way out of control. While RDI, Quebec's continuous news TV was showing Arafat circled in his Government building (now a ruin) with interviews and analysts, on CNN they were showing an interview with the mother. Is that pertinent information or easy little opportunism ? I'd take the second option.

well, there will always be media exploiting any story that the public will find news-worthy. i haven't seen the footage of what happened to the little girl, and i heard they were showing it every hour on the hour, now that is a bit excessive, i'll admit that, but still...the media helped bring that woman in. it helped bring that child back safe.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:33 AM   #25
War Child

Quote:

well, there will always be media exploiting any story that the public will find news-worthy. i haven't seen the footage of what happened to the little girl, and i heard they were showing it every hour on the hour, now that is a bit excessive, i'll admit that, but still...the media helped bring that woman in. it helped bring that child back safe.
Yes...on top of that, it brings attention to a problem which many people may not be so aware of...that of child abuse. Although there may be other world matters at hand, it's foolish to ignore problems here in this country. I was shocked at the footage, horrified that someone could do this to their own child. Maybe the intense media coverage will show what a problem this truly is, and may (in some way) prevent other instances of abuse.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:28 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by walkon11

Yes...on top of that, it brings attention to a problem which many people may not be so aware of...that of child abuse. Although there may be other world matters at hand, it's foolish to ignore problems here in this country. I was shocked at the footage, horrified that someone could do this to their own child. Maybe the intense media coverage will show what a problem this truly is, and may (in some way) prevent other instances of abuse.

Thats what I was trying to say, thank you. very well said
Old 09-24-2002, 03:29 AM   #27
War Child

Quote:

Thats what I was trying to say, thank you. very well said
Not a problem! Glad to help
Old 09-24-2002, 04:31 AM   #28
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:32 PM
The media needs one or 2 stories like this every now and then to bring the public's attention to these things. I dont think its more or less cared about in many countries either. Its how much publicity it gets that can change a perception.
I'm no fan of the media, but in situations like this, I am glad for what they do, even if it is exploiting for their own gains. Without the media there is ignorance.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:35 PM   #29
Acrobat

Anyone notice that she bears a striking resemblance to Leonardo DiCaprio?

Old 09-24-2002, 12:41 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 03:32 AM
er, not to me Mr Lucas, I actually LIKE Leo.........in fact, he rocks ass!

what in the mofo donkey ass made u come up with that Mr Lucas?