WTF is wrong with people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
look, the emperor has no clothes

Man Defaces Virgin Mary Image Because 'It's Wrong'

POSTED: 6:52 am CDT May 6, 2005
UPDATED: 11:58 am CDT May 7, 2005

CHICAGO -- A man was charged Friday morning for allegedly writing the words "Big Lie" over what many have come to believe is an image of the Virgin Mary.

Witnesses said they saw a man scrawling the graffiti with black leather shoe polish.

Chicago police spokesman David Banks said authorities charged Victor Gonzalez, 37, with criminal damage to state supported property -- a misdemeanor.

Gonzalez told NBC5's Lisa Tutman that he felt compelled to get his point across.

"Because it's wrong, and that, you know," he said, "It's just an image. It didn't look like the Virgin Mary. Who knows how she looks?"

ultrasound_jesus_4.jpg

Jesus Spotted in Ultrasound
(From WTVG-ABC TOLEDO, OHIO), May 3, 2005 — Mother's Day is less than a week away and one Toledo mother has a special and spiritual story to share.

She gave birth to her first child Friday, but this story begins with an ultrasound with a heavenly twist.

At 5lbs. 1oz., 3-day-old Aaliyah is a big blessing to her mom and dad. The proud parents say they received a sign she is special in an ultrasound photo taken about a month ago. After taking a closer look at the ultrasound they say there's an image of Jesus Christ in it. It's an image mom and dad say they can see in two of the ultrasound images taken that day. It's also a sign that came when they both needed it most.

Pregnancy wasn't easy for Erica Brazier. At seven months, doctors ordered her to bed rest, and high blood pressure brought her to Toledo Hospital. Every four weeks she had an ultrasound to monitor the baby's growth. So, she was a bit nervous until this ultrasound. Little Aaliyah arrived about a month early. She was born Friday after only ten minutes of labor and she is in excellent health.

We checked with Toledo Hospital to make sure the ultrasound photograph was not altered in any way. Administrators tell us the ultrasound photo is exactly the same as what they have on file.

Yeah, some gullible people in my own backyard, so to speak, got ripped off. Someone claimed that they saw the Virgin Mary in a field in the next county, and the owners turned the place into a pilgrimage destination. I've gotten stuff in the mail from them myself. Now they've got a huge lawsuit against them. I don't know how much sympathy I have for the lawsuit because they should have investigated the damn thing before they invested huge sums of money in the enterprise. The lawsuit is for fraud.

verte76 said:
Yeah, some gullible people in my own backyard, so to speak, got ripped off. Someone claimed that they saw the Virgin Mary in a field in the next county, and the owners turned the place into a pilgrimage destination. I've gotten stuff in the mail from them myself. Now they've got a huge lawsuit against them. I don't know how much sympathy I have for the lawsuit because they should have investigated the damn thing before they invested huge sums of money in the enterprise. The lawsuit is for fraud.

if they win

they should file a class action and go after some so-called "legit religions"

really, what is the difference/

Back
Top Bottom