Wtf is going on in Israel today??????? - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2002, 12:04 AM   #136
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Amna:
Whomever supports Sharon on his ideas has definently not done their home work....

-sharon is also a terrorist
-sharon killed 5000 innocent people in one event (Lebense camps).
-When ever a peace agreement comes his way, he purposly destroys it ( 2000 Peace aggr./ his march into Mount Temple (invasion of Muslims, while they were praying), resulting in the second intifada)
and the list of events goes on......
PEOPLE SHOULD RECONSIDER THEIR LIKING FOR SHARON...

Sharon has and still commits war crimes against Palestinians... Their way of capturing "terrorists" is by personally butchering little children... Of course most of you sharon supporters have never seen the number of documentaries and pix that i have seen... Because its not in America's interest to show that stuff here.
The Palestinian people have been locked in Sharon's torture cage..... I do not support suicide bombing... However, if their is to be peace and hope... The answer is not tracking down every suspicious Palestinian, woman, child, and man... It is giving the right of land..... Letting the Palestinians live in the West Bank PEACEFULLY without the IDF choking them out of their breath....
You ask me, I think Sharon and Hitler share many of the same characteristics.
Geez, why is it that people always assume that we, in N.America are completely ignorant of what's going on? Maybe seeing bodies of mutilated Israelis, of teenagers missing limbs, of entire families being decimated in one night all due to suicide bombings would have more of a shock impact but Israelis are not into the habit of parading their grief and their dead on tv...

I got a couple of questions for you: how long has Sharon been prime minister? About a year. How long has Arafat been the leader of the Palestinian movement? Roughly 3 decades. How long has terrorism and suicide bombings have been occuring in Israel? Ever since the creation of the state of Israel in 1948. Who was behind most PLO terrorist acts in the 70s, including the muder of Israeli athletes in Munich? Arafat. Who rejected the Camp David agreement which would have lead to the creation of a Palestinian state giving the Palestinians about 95-98% of the territory they were asking for? Arafat (this was about a month before Sharon ever went anywhere near Temple Mount...)
Now why is it okay to call Sharon a murderer but the world wants us to view Arafat as a martyr? As I said it MANY times before, they are both despicable old men. However, you can sympathise with Israel without being a Sharon supporter...

[This message has been edited by lady lemonade (edited 04-02-2002).]

Old 04-03-2002, 10:32 AM   #137
The Fly

Local Time: 11:19 AM
You see the thing is Sharon didn't start committing his war crimes when he became prime minister. His war crimes began way back when he was a general in the IDF and continue to this day.

Old 04-03-2002, 10:41 AM   #138
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:19 AM
Thanks but I got that. What I don't get is why we're supposed to ignore Arafat's terrorist past and to focus on whether he's involved in terrorism now (which he probably is, IMHO...)Yet, he has remained the constant in the peace negotiations for the past 30 years. Why?
Old 04-03-2002, 08:09 PM   #139
The Fly

Local Time: 11:19 AM
some people posting progaganda here seem to have forgot that 9/11 occurred. If you think we Americans in anyway are interested in what a terrorist like Arafat, or any of them, have to say or what they think. We don't care. It's offensive to even read on here after what was done in NYC. Go spew it at the CNN boards and see what you hear in return.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:48 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Amna:
-When ever a peace agreement comes his way, he purposly destroys it ( 2000 Peace aggr./ his march into Mount Temple (invasion of Muslims, while they were praying), resulting in the second intifada)
and the list of events goes on......
The same could be said of certain pro-Palestinian terrorist groups and their activities in the past few weeks, or even the past few years.

Ever since Clinton brought Barak and Arafat to the table a few years ago, the occurrence of terrorist attacks has increased.

Ever since the Mitchell Plan commenced last year, the occurrence of terrorist attacks has increased.

Ever since the Saudi Arabia-sponsored peace plan was proposed a few weeks ago (and the U.S. and the West supported it and Israel began pulling out of Palestinian areas and said they would "consider" it), the occurrence of terrorist attacks has increased.

My point is this: as much as I do not think Sharon is a good, negotiable leader in the mix (Ehud Barak or Shimon Perez would be much better, although some biased article printed above attempts to demonize Perez), I think we do need to place at least SOME of the repsonsibility for the recent attacks on some of the more extreme, racist pro-Palestinian groups. A trend is developing, in case you haven't noticed: whenever peace with Israel seems attainable, some of the racist pro-Palestinian group go stoke the fire of hatred by bombing a pizza joint or nightclub, thus getting Israel mad at them again. That's because some of these racist pro-Palestinian groups want all non-Arabs and non-Muslims expelled from the region entirely; they do not want "peace" with Israel.

Yasser Arafat, today, may very well want peace with Israel, and honestly, I think he does. But he must be more pro-active in stopping the attacks on restaurants and such.
But as we keep bringing up Sharon's terrorist past, which I do not doubt, it is jjust as relevant for someone to mention the terrorist past of Arafat.

~U2Alabama