Wright brothers anniversary, 100 years of flight - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2003, 08:32 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Wright brothers anniversary, 100 years of flight

This Wed. marks the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers' first airplane flight at Kitty Hawk, NC. It's weird to think there have been planes for 100 years now, the world is getting so old! They are having a huge reinactment at the Wright Brothers memorial on the dunes on the outer banks of NC at just after 10:30 am, the official time it flew. I have been to the site, and I don't live far away, but I probably won't go because with Bush coming the crowd and traffic will be unbearable. Just thought it was an interesting anniversary to remember

Old 12-16-2003, 12:16 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:03 AM
That's cool that you live so close. .

Yeah, wow...100 years. Wonder if they had any idea that things would progress as much as they did in regards to planes?

And imagine how many people probably thought they were crazy, too.

Angela

Old 12-16-2003, 12:18 AM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 06:03 PM
The Wright brothers were always kind of heroes to me when I was younger ... I read all these books about them and I was just fascinated with the whole idea of flight!

And I still am ... ahhh air travel is the ultimate. Thank you Orville and Wilbur!
Old 12-16-2003, 12:30 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Yeah people did think they were crazy. I had this one book (you might have it too Buffalo) that said as kids they were always inventing stuff in their garage and inviting other kids to come see the shows. Usually their inventions didn't work. They got made fun of by some kids, and adults, all their lives. But it just proves you should never give up on your dream!
Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Yeah people did think they were crazy. I had this one book (you might have it too Buffalo) that said as kids they were always inventing stuff in their garage and inviting other kids to come see the shows. Usually their inventions didn't work. They got made fun of by some kids, and adults, all their lives. But it just proves you should never give up on your dream!
Very cool. . I really admire people who are like that.

Angela
Old 12-16-2003, 05:32 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Absolutely. Go for it! You never know what you can get unless you try!
Old 12-16-2003, 08:02 PM   #7
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:03 PM
I live in Dayton, where the Wright Bros lived and had their bicycle shop--and I have to say that while they're cool and all, I am SICK to death of hearing about them! You'd think that was all that ever happened in this town. This whole year had been just one big Wright party--at this point, it's getting ridiculous. I'm so glad that tomorrow is the anniversary, so maybe I won't have to eat, breath and work it...I work at the newspaper, and there is a mention of the brothers somewhere EVERYday!

Gee, can you tell I'm a bit over it?

Sorry to rain on your parade--I just had to tget that off my chest!
Old 12-16-2003, 08:02 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Dream out loud, right? .

Angela