Wright brothers anniversary, 100 years of flight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
This Wed. marks the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers' first airplane flight at Kitty Hawk, NC. It's weird to think there have been planes for 100 years now, the world is getting so old! They are having a huge reinactment at the Wright Brothers memorial on the dunes on the outer banks of NC at just after 10:30 am, the official time it flew. I have been to the site, and I don't live far away, but I probably won't go because with Bush coming the crowd and traffic will be unbearable. Just thought it was an interesting anniversary to remember:)

The Wright brothers were always kind of heroes to me when I was younger ... I read all these books about them and I was just fascinated with the whole idea of flight!

And I still am ... ahhh air travel is the ultimate. Thank you Orville and Wilbur!

Yeah people did think they were crazy. I had this one book (you might have it too Buffalo) that said as kids they were always inventing stuff in their garage and inviting other kids to come see the shows. Usually their inventions didn't work. They got made fun of by some kids, and adults, all their lives. But it just proves you should never give up on your dream! :)

U2Kitten said:
Yeah people did think they were crazy. I had this one book (you might have it too Buffalo) that said as kids they were always inventing stuff in their garage and inviting other kids to come see the shows. Usually their inventions didn't work. They got made fun of by some kids, and adults, all their lives. But it just proves you should never give up on your dream! :)

Very cool. :up: :). I really admire people who are like that.

Angela

U2Kitten said:

Absolutely. Go for it! You never know what you can get unless you try!

I live in Dayton, where the Wright Bros lived and had their bicycle shop--and I have to say that while they're cool and all, I am SICK to death of hearing about them! You'd think that was all that ever happened in this town. This whole year had been just one big Wright party--at this point, it's getting ridiculous. I'm so glad that tomorrow is the anniversary, so maybe I won't have to eat, breath and work it...I work at the newspaper, and there is a mention of the brothers somewhere EVERYday!

Gee, can you tell I'm a bit over it?:|

Sorry to rain on your parade--I just had to tget that off my chest!

Back
Top Bottom