would you recognise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:
Anyone heard the song, The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead by XTC? Kick ass song and a little parable of Jesus.

Yeah. It's been a while since I've heard it...have to dig it up again and take a listen. I remember I liked it though.

Jesus would probably slap me in the face and say "I'm the Son of God, dammit!

You better believe it now!"
(whilst having a halo in fine display, and pointing to it while holding my attention with knowing, telling eyes)

I think he'd get through to me, that way.

:wink: :| :wink:

I think he'd look alot older

hurhur

I remember reading baout hitchhikers or panhandlers being angels or what if they were angels and you pass them by?
WHY ALL THIS TESTING?

deep said:

Jesus came and went with very little impact in his day. Most likely a few dozen, maybe at most a couple of hundred followers. There is no way to measure.

The success of the Jesus movement came after his death with some great marketing, a superior product. Not much was required, just say "I believe". No animals to purchase for sacrifice. No treks to make.
And a promise of eternal life.

The same message Jesus preached - but few would buy it then or now. Our human nature leaves us with a desire to earn our way to Heaven.

For Honor said:
Jesus would probably slap me in the face and say "I'm the Son of God, dammit!

You better believe it now!"
(whilst having a halo in fine display, and pointing to it while holding my attention with knowing, telling eyes)

I think he'd get through to me, that way.

:wink: :| :wink:

Ahahah I doubt he'd ever do that but yeah, it could work :yes:

Back
Top Bottom