Would You Fly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Virgin Galactic plans space flights by 2008

FARNBOROUGH, England - Former soap star Victoria Principal, designer Philippe Starck and a senior member of an unidentified royal family have all bought tickets for the world's first tourist space flights planned for 2008.

Virgin Group, owned by billionaire businessman and part-time daredevil Richard Branson, said on Monday it was on track to launch the sub-orbital flights for the year after next and had sold tickets to its first 150 passengers.

Its commercial spaceline, called Virgin Galactic, said in a news conference at the Farnborough International Airshow near London that it had collected $15.6 million in deposits for the flights which cost $200,000 per ticket.

$200,000
15 minute flight
5 minutes weightlessness

Eh, no. I think I'll wait till I can fly through space in my own little space ship and take a visit to a giant space city.

Cool, but I think it would be better served paying off student loans and putting a down payment on a house.

deep said:
What if it was $20,000?

or

say $2000.?

Move the decimal point a bit. If it were $20.00, I'd think about it.

And then decide I'd rather just spend that $20 on buying half of the week's groceries instead. :wink:

I'd not do it for free. I'd not do it if someone paid me $200,000. I couldn't do it. I went to the international airport on Sunday to try and get used to planes before I fly to England in October, and they nearly made me sick just from the observation deck. Humans were not meant to fly.

Angela Harlem said:
I'd not do it for free. I'd not do it if someone paid me $200,000. I couldn't do it. I went to the international airport on Sunday to try and get used to planes before I fly to England in October, and they nearly made me sick just from the observation deck. Humans were not meant to fly.

Same deal for me. I even get nervous when people I know fly. I've done it, but hate it.

So the answer to the initial question is no.

If I could afford it, yeah. Before they turn it into Las Vegas or a cruise ship in orbit.

If I had the money and they were going right now, I'd buy a one way ticket. No annoying people allowed to live with me there.

I'd be scared out of my mind but happy to be out of this messed up world. Do they have high speed net and jacuzzis there? :wink:

Victoria Principal could do my makeup, and I'd buy a ticket for Johnny Depp to come along too

No. I get panicked if I'm on a plane too long...get claustrophobic and feel trapped...I can't even imagine how I'd feel in space. :der:

I will not be a guinea pig for the first flight into space. Screw that. How can they guarentee my safety?

this will be perfected and ready to go by 2008?:huh:
no thanks. we still have plane crashes just traveling at 30 thousand feet, i can't imagine the insanity of something failing at a few million feet.

That kind of dough for a mere 15 minutes? I'd go if it were a lot longer than that, and much cheaper. Space does fascinate me, however - those recent shots of the earth from the Discovery mission were mind-numbingly beautiful. :drool:

Space fascinates me as well, but I'm not going there in 2008.

The Jetsons world will happen, I just don't think it will be perfected until 2218 at the earliest.

no..I'm not interested in a $200,000 suicide:yikes:

I love to look at space:drool: but not flying..omg I hate flying:barf:

Back
Top Bottom