Would you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
...pick lettuce for $50 an hour?

You know, it honestly didn't bother me until now that we have so many wealthy politicians who are out of touch with us.

I know without a doubt that John McCain would never pick lettuce for $50/hour with all the money he has.

I'm not blaming him for being wealthy. As a capitalist, I accept it. But when his wallet distracts him from relating to normal people, his demotivation and criticisms on America's work ethic are not good for the country.

Agree or disagree?

Justin24 said:
I would for 50, hell even if it was 25-30 bucks an hour I would.

how much stoop labor experience do you have

how long do you think your back would last?

you could easily earn 25-30 + an hour
with your own car detailing business

deep said:

how much stoop labor experience do you have

how long do you think your back would last?

you could easily earn 25-30 + an hour
with your own car detailing business

I don't have much experience, but I learn quickly. Don't know. :wink:

yup, and Oh how it would feel to be lazy and relax. LOL even with the pain.

kidding about that

randhail said:
no worries if your back goes out...hello workman's comp! :wink:

$50 an hour for picking lettuce sounds like a pretty good deal :hyper: ... but I have no doubt that you would absolutely have to work your ass off for it (not that there's anything wrong with working hard!)

I really don't think though that any amount of money is worth damaging your back for. I work in aged care (in a nursing home) which I absolutely love. It's pretty demanding physically, which I don't mind, but I've managed to strain my back on a couple of occassions. It's no fun spending a week (or even two) lying flat on your back because it's too excruciating to walk!!

Politicians doing hard manual labour?!!? I'd like to see that :wink:

Lets see here, we've got a lot employees on interference farm making $50 an hour and probably all driving cadillacs, but will anyone buy our $30 a head lettuce?

randhail said:
Lets see here, we've got a lot employees on interference farm making $50 an hour and probably all driving cadillacs, but will anyone buy our $30 a head lettuce?

Expensive lettuce, but it's all organic !!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Are we missing some context or something?:huh:
Yes. McCain's comments about "nobody would pick lettuce, not even for $50 an hour" exposed how delusional the man really is. He can't relate to the Average American, and his comments only amplify that.

Macfistowannabe said:
Yes. McCain's comments about "nobody would pick lettuce, not even for $50 an hour" exposed how delusional the man really is. He can't relate to the Average American, and his comments only amplify that.

Well, clearly many people are picking lettuce and for a hell of a lot less, so what's his point?

Is he pointing out that "nobody" i.e. no American would pick lettuce? And if so is that commentary on the work ethic of the Average American? Or is he saying that "nobody" as in nobody would choose to pick lettuce if they had a choice because it is such horrible, inhumane work?

I think still more context for this statment is needed. At least I need it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom