Worth repeating - Bono's Letter to Bush - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-28-2003, 11:35 PM   #31
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,836
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Bama
Yes, you have stated several times in here that you post under your real name, so I will take that to mean that "Vox" is truly your last name.

~U2Alabama
Maybe you should reread my posts. I stated once that I post under my real name. I have since stated in subsequent posts my real name.

My screenname is a derivative of my realname + 'vox'. I'm sure you are aware what 'vox' means.

Exactly why are you inserting yourself here? It really doesn't concern you or anyone else who have all had the common decency and courtesy of respecting my request, so I'd suggest you mind your own business thanks.

__________________

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 12:17 AM   #32
War Child
 
Cow of the Seas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Njosnavelin
Posts: 834
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by follower
Although his letter is well writen and meaningful and his cause really noble, I cant help feeling disappointed with Bono lately. Not a single word against this insane, stupid war, that has been planned for so long. At least Edge said something against it, I think it was in his last interview to Hot Press. Bono says "President Bush is in the business of making history". The thing is, in my viewpoint, what kind of history he will be remembered for.
your beautiful, follower.
__________________

__________________
those evil natured robots
theyre programed to destroy us
she gotta be strong to fight them
so shes taking lots of vitamins
cause she knows that
it be tragic
if those evil robots win
Cow of the Seas is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 12:27 AM   #33
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,836
Local Time: 01:54 PM

I can't remember if it was Propaganda or NME or something I was reading where Edge and Bono actually had quite a row over Bono going to meet Bush, Edge expresssing some sentiment along the lines that Bush was evil and he did not agree with Bono meeting him, but then acquiesed if some good could come from it..

Anyone remember this for a more factual recollection of it?
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 02:25 AM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:54 AM
gabriella-the-littleman-
Bono is not The Edge.
Thru out their history Bono and The Edge have differed on some issues.

Before u were attempting to look like Bono I already knew this.

That said- I also stand by my previous statement that-Bono "genuinely likes" GW. This pisses off some here, but thats ok.

Bono did not go to Iraq to protest.
Bono has been absolutely silent re this issue.
Until he says otherwise ppl should "check" themselves here.

Thank You-
Diamond
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 10:07 AM   #35
Refugee
 
BostonAnne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2,052
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
gabriella-the-littleman-
Bono is not The Edge.
Thru out their history Bono and The Edge have differed on some issues.

Before u were attempting to look like Bono I already knew this.

That said- I also stand by my previous statement that-Bono "genuinely likes" GW. This pisses off some here, but thats ok.

Bono did not go to Iraq to protest.
Bono has been absolutely silent re this issue.
Until he says otherwise ppl should "check" themselves here.

Thank You-
Diamond
Diamond, please be quiet. You don't have any proof as to how Bono really feels about GW. Because Bono hasn't made a comment regarding the Iraq issue does nothing to prove that he likes GW. I guess you could be right, but on the other hand, his silence could be because he can't afford to distract GW away from Africa. If he took the time to put in his 2 cents regarding Iraq, then all attention is taken away from Africa and that's not going to help what Bono has been working for. To prove your point, Bono would have to publicly agree and stand behind what Bush is doing, which he hasn't. We all have a right to our opinions, and people shouldn't have to "check" themselves here unless they are shown facts.
__________________
BostonAnne is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 10:31 AM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne


Diamond, please be quiet. You don't have any proof as to how Bono really feels about GW. , "check" themselves here unless they are shown facts.
no.

i do so.

and i do think Bono now likes him that much more this morning.
thank u-

DB3
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 10:35 AM   #37
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 2,551
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Quote:
Though the 9/11 hijackers were mostly wealthy Saudis, they took refuge in the failed state of Afghanistan.

-Bono

eh? "Wealthy Saudis?" That's news to me.
__________________
pub crawler is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 10:45 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler



eh? "Wealthy Saudis?" That's news to me.
pub and bear thank u for displaying openmindedness in your posts.
pub-
i think GW means the money from some of the head-honchos of al queda being of saudi descent.-sp

db9
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 10:54 AM   #39
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Posts: 2,551
Local Time: 11:54 AM
hmmm, well, I think he should have stated it more as speculation than fact, but whatever. *shrug*
__________________
pub crawler is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 10:55 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:54 AM

hey
hes "GW" we understand what he means..

db3
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 11:16 AM   #41
Refugee
 
BostonAnne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2,052
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

no.

i do so.

and i do think Bono now likes him that much more this morning.
thank u-

DB3
Ok, where's the proof. Please link me to the interview where Bono said he likes GW.

This is a great day. GW did right for Africa as you predicted.

I just disagree with you insulting others that assume the opposite opinion that you do. You can't know how Bono feels about GW as no one else here can. Unless you cough up facts, please don't assume you are right and they are wrong. Just add your opinion in a non demeaning way please.

Bono's job has been to convince GW. to send money to Africa. He needs to play nice to do this whether or not he truly likes GW. He may well think nice thoughts about GW, or he may go home and curse for awhile about having to suck it up - NO ONE here knows for sure.
__________________
BostonAnne is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 11:53 AM   #42
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,836
Local Time: 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
gabriella-the-littleman-
.
.
.
Before u were attempting to look like Bono I already knew this.

Diamond, I have repeatedly asked you to stop the bastardizing of my name. It is impolite and uncalled for.

Now you are also launching attacks on what I do for fun?

In addition you try to reignite an old argument that mods had to close with the Rush comment?

Personally I find your comments abusive and disrespectful. Im actually quite surprised that you have stooped to this schoolyard behavior and even more surprised that others aren't telling you to back off.

Im sure there are some here that would jump on me now and say that at times I'm less than completely respectful but honestly, I may be flippant at times in terms of beliefs and ideals and whatnot, but I think repeatedly and intentionally messing with someone's name to get them going is just not right one little bit.

I think you are deliberately goading me to see me explode and stoop to your level, but I'm not going to give you that satisfaction.

We'll see what the mods think.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 12:36 PM   #43
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 10:54 AM
diamond, why dont you show some respect, grow up and start acting like your age for once. I'm tired of receiving reported posts about you. You think you're funny but guess what I dont and niether does Elvis.

Someone should only have to post ONCE that they feel offended by a nickname you may call them. Now you're just doing it to piss him off.

Knock it off.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 12:39 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
oliveu2cm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Live from Boston
Posts: 8,334
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne


Ok, where's the proof. Please link me to the interview where Bono said he likes GW.

This is a great day. GW did right for Africa as you predicted.

I just disagree with you insulting others that assume the opposite opinion that you do. You can't know how Bono feels about GW as no one else here can. Unless you cough up facts, please don't assume you are right and they are wrong. Just add your opinion in a non demeaning way please.

Bono's job has been to convince GW. to send money to Africa. He needs to play nice to do this whether or not he truly likes GW. He may well think nice thoughts about GW, or he may go home and curse for awhile about having to suck it up - NO ONE here knows for sure.
Very well said, I totally agree with you!!!
__________________
oliveu2cm is offline  
Old 01-29-2003, 01:57 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Sicy-
this is a fellow that recently called me a "dickhead" here in FYM.
Did I report this? No.
Do I trouble the Mods w petty issues ? No.
With this knowledge now would you correct this situation?

Hes also had "run-ins" w/other members.


I would hope you wou show some equity and fairness in all of this.
I called him gab, he called a member dickhead.


Olive
and
Anne

I have a tape of Bono outside of The Oval Office that was on CSPAN where he went to great lengths complimenting GW.
You could hear the sincerity in his voice and read his body language.
Very convincing.
Does he like GW ? Yes.
Like his Democrat friends?- No.

He has forged a friendship w GW is all, and genuinely likes our President, politics aside.


thank u-
diamond
__________________

__________________
diamond is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com