Worth repeating - Bono's Letter to Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Bama said:

Then perhaps you should have taken it up in a private message to dia.

~U2Alabama

That's a nice suggestion but clearly irrelevant given the moderator's thoughts on the matter, or perhaps you haven't read the thread.

Again I have to stress that I find it rather intriguing that you chose to jump in here. Perhaps this is as amusing to you as it was to Diamond?

I think you should just stop now. Seriously. Its over, it never involved you, and you were never welcome in the discussion.

Thanks for playing.

STING2 said:
When know Edge does not mind the Republicans that pay to see him play and buy his albums.

Perhaps he does not equate all Republicans with George Bush.

Perish the thought.

That said, he did express his dislike for the man.

I know, I read it.

It is so.

:lol:

Re-read what I said and you'll notice I never contested that specific point.

Its also a fact that the Bono supported US military action in Bosnia and Afghanistan.

pub crawler said:
gabrielvox, it's a public discussion board. Anybody can and will jump in on any discussion they want.

Yes they can and also have the right to make themselves look as silly and petty as they would like to by involving themselves in something which doesn't concern them.

STING2 said:
Re-read what I said and you'll notice I never contested that specific point.

Its also a fact that the Bono supported US military action in Bosnia and Afghanistan.

Have you no sense of humour man? Tsk tsk...too long in the boot camps you were.

You may not have contested any specific point, but by that statement you strongly intimated a certain duality in Edge's dislike for Bush if he could accept having Republican's at his concerts. And now more plainly and sans humour my point is that one does not have to necessarily like Bush to like Republicans or even BE a Republican. Heaven forbid, from what I hear, its perfectly allowable to be a Republican and disagree with Bush, and disagree with a war on Iraq!!

But thanks for reminding us YET AGAIN of Bono's unswerving allegiance to those campaigns...:rolleyes: :shrug: Completely irrelevant really, until he out and out states his support for this one. But you know that.

Look how many past President's and politicians have made promises and pledges and never kept them? And now because Bush seemingly answered Bono's call, we think him and Bono are gonna be all chummy now? :rolleyes:

If anything, Bono better hound him all the more to make sure he makes good on his promises, in this his last year of Presidency.
(NOTE: DELIBERATE BAIT ALERT!) :laugh: :lmao:

some ppl take themselves way too seriously here.

thank u for your comments
bama
pub
sting.

love-
"dia"
:dance:

Ahh for craps sake guys. Its been dealt with, Diamond and Gabrielvox are sorted and the thread can now continue on its topic, ok?

Sheesus.

U2Bama said:

Bono has connected with BOTH of them and many other power brokers around the world. Don't let selfish partisanship or your international prejudices ruin what can be a very good thing. Praise the successes and correct the failures.

~U2Alabama

Thank you Bama. My point exactly.

Back
Top Bottom