Word Of The Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I will post a word of the day from time to time and I challenge you all- to use this word in relation to a most current and "popular" news item or noteworthy/newsworthy person of the day/week, in a sentence or two. Or a paragraph if you wish. The person who is most creative and successful in doing so (according to me and anyone else who wishes to vote) will be awarded a prize :wink: which is yet to be determined. It will be some sort of virtual prize so don't get too excited..no iPods or anything of the sort.

Today's word is

apotheosis

\uh-pah-thee-OH-sis; ap-uh-THEE-uh-sis\, noun;
plural apotheoses \-seez\:

1. Elevation to divine rank or stature; deification.

2. An exalted or glorified example; a model of excellence or perfection of a kind.

Mr. Bush is not an apotheosis of leadership, nor do I think his God is doing much apotheosizing of him contrary to the President's opinion.:wink:

I'll give it a shot.

"Daily pilgrims flock to Graceland, this haj is but one part of our American apotheosis."

When i watch Bono sing live on stage i get huge amounts of tingles!!! :cute: :combust:

Hope that's not too pathetic! :huh:

Here's a word i like: Aquiesce :wink:

Great idea by the way Mrs Springsteen :)

I have aquiesced to the tingle that I get when I see George Bush wearing running shorts.

Anyone else? Or else the prize for my word goes to Bono's Saint. You have until tomorrow :wink:

It's supposed to be related to current news events or a person in the news-Bono doesn't really qualify (well I suppose he could cause he's always in the news somehow), neither do tomatoes :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom