"Women Don't Belong In The Dugout"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

and as for the bigger issue of women in the locker room... i'd still like to here an answer to my question of wether or not you, as women, would feel comfortable changing in a locker room with men walking around?

Well I already said above this post of yours that I didn't see any reason for media of any gender to be in the locker room.

But aside from that, it's probably up to each women. Some are bothered, some aren't. In the same way that I have a male gyne, never cared once or felt uncomfortable with that, but I have girlfriends who wouldn't dream of letting anyone but a woman perform their physical.

anitram said:

Well I already said above this post of yours that I didn't see any reason for media of any gender to be in the locker room.

But aside from that, it's probably up to each women. Some are bothered, some aren't. In the same way that I have a male gyne, never cared once or felt uncomfortable with that, but I have girlfriends who wouldn't dream of letting anyone but a woman perform their physical.

absolutely agree with you on both accounts.

and it would be the same way with men... some would feel comfortable, some wouldn't. the problem is that men, for the most part, are immature little twits who think that walking around and doing handstands with their balls hanging out is a good way of dealing with the situation.

anitram said:
I have girlfriends who wouldn't dream of letting anyone but a woman perform their physical.

and i would never dream of letting a woman cut my hair ...

;)

... sorry, back to the topic at hand ...

Keith Hernandez Narrowing Down List Of Places Women Do And Don't Belong

NEW YORK—Mets broadcaster Keith Hernandez, the subject of recent controversy after remarking that women "don't belong in the dugout," called a press conference yesterday to further explain places where he believes women do or do not belong. "While I still do not believe that women belong in dugouts, locker rooms, and many other locations, I believe women do in fact belong in certain other places," Hernandez said. "For instance, they belong in souvenir kiosks, reception areas, certain places in the press box, and even limited locations in large board rooms. That's not to say that I think they belong only in the kitchen or bedroom, regardless of where they're best suited to be. I just don't think they should be in the dugout." Although he was not specifically asked, Hernandez also took time to speak at length as to what he believed was the proper place for society's Hispanics.

Back
Top Bottom