Woman Goes Undercover To Experience Life As A Man - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
This is the part that freaks me out the most, but honestly it didn't surprise me all that much. I shouldn't say that but it's true..

"Instead, Vincent said, the men talked about rage, often their rage toward women, and what they would do physically and violently toward women.

"A lot of this was blowing off steam. …They would talk about fantasizing about chopping up their wives or something. It's not that they would ever do that, but it was a way to get out the blackest thoughts," she said."

Is that true, do men talk about those kinds of fantasies? Not just at these retreat things but also with each other in a more everyday setting

I know some guys who are like that.

I distance myself from them...

Old 01-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:06 PM
there's an excerpt from the book here

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/story?id=1531192&page=1

Old 01-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
This is the part that freaks me out the most, but honestly it didn't surprise me all that much. I shouldn't say that but it's true..

"Instead, Vincent said, the men talked about rage, often their rage toward women, and what they would do physically and violently toward women.

"A lot of this was blowing off steam. …They would talk about fantasizing about chopping up their wives or something. It's not that they would ever do that, but it was a way to get out the blackest thoughts," she said."

Is that true, do men talk about those kinds of fantasies? Not just at these retreat things but also with each other in a more everyday setting

Yes she has already written a book about it, I think I might read it

I think there are times when every man - perhaps every person - is so enraged that he (she) fantasizes about hurting...nay, utterly destroying another. This rage may be directed at another man, a woman, a child or even an animal - and we wish we could choke, slap, hit, kick, beat, knife, shoot, stab, etc. But then, in a "normal" man (woman), reality kicks in. We realize this is a horrible fantasy. We realize how awful life would be without that person/animal in our lives. We realize how horrible we are in even thinking this act, much less doing it. The rage passes and we cope.

Of course, for the "non-normal" mind, this is when those fantasies become reality and thus, a murderer is born.

Perhaps there is a fine line there. Perhaps it's just a missing chemical or not enough of a chemical that makes this horrible, horrible dark evil fantasy become reality.

Nonetheless, I think we all have them. Even small children crush bugs, beat on siblings, hit animals and say things like "I'll kill you!" These aren't all taught - they are inherent. As such, I wouldn't take that aspect of her observations too seriously. I know many women who say how they'd "kill their husbands if...".

As for the other observations, while they are genuine and interesting, they are just that - observations. It's impossible for a woman to be a man and vice versa. This is why sex change operations are about a lot more than just removing a penis or breasts. There is a lot of emotional issues that may take years to overcome.

Nonetheless, it is interesting.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #19
War Child

Local Time: 01:06 PM
I was surprised that most of the guys she had befriended in the bowling league were okay with it. I would think there would be a lot of anger towards her for deceiving them.