WMDs in East Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scarletwine

New Yorker
This is the first I've heard about these arrests. Pretty scary. I haven't seen a thing on the Nat'l news.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5350.htm+
WMD Plot Uncovered In East Texas:
Nov 26, 2003

By Robert Riggs
With Investigative Producer Todd Bensman
CBS 11 Investigates Poison Gas Plot

Federal authorities this year mounted one of the most extensive investigations of domestic terrorism since the Oklahoma City bombing, CBS 11 has learned.

Three people linked to white supremacist and anti-government groups are in custody. At least one weapon of mass destruction - a sodium cyanide bomb capable of delivering a deadly gas cloud - has been seized in the Tyler area.

Investigators have seized at least 100 other bombs, bomb components, machine guns, 500,000 rounds of ammunition and chemical agents. But the government also found some chilling personal documents indicating that unknown co-conspirators may still be free to carry out what appeared to be an advanced plot. And, authorities familiar with the case say more potentially deadly cyanide bombs may be in circulation.

Since arresting the three people in May, federal agents have served hundreds of subpoenas across the country in a domestic terror investigation that made it onto President Bush?s daily intelligence briefings and set off national security alarms among the country?s most senior counter-terror officials.

William J. Krar, originally from New Hampshire, last week pleaded guilty in Tyler federal court to possession of a chemical weapon near the East Texas town of Noonday. He faces up to ten years in prison. His common-law wife, Judith Bruey, pleaded guilty to lesser weapons charges and faces up to five years in prison.

Also arrested this past Spring was Newark, New Jersey resident Edward Feltus. The New Jersey Militia member has pleaded guilty to attempting to purchase fake United Nations and Department of Defense identity cards from Krar.

All three have steadfastly maintained their silence, even though talking could reduce their prison sentences, and the investigation has stalled for now. Evidence seized and the fact that none of the defendants will talk has given rise to speculation that unknown conspirators may be still be involved in a broader plot to use Krar?s home-built chemical weapons, government officials say.

?One would certainly have to question why an individual would feel compelled to stockpile sodium cyanide, hydrochloric acid, nitric acid, acetic acid, unless they had some bad intent,? said Assistant U.S. Attorney Wes Rivers, who is prosecuting the case. ?They certainly had the capacity to be extremely dangerous.?

While authorities work for a new break in the case, some counter-terrorism experts question whether the government might be overlooking dangers closer to home while fighting the War on Terror in the Middle East.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors domestic hate groups, says the number of openly violent groups dropped from more than 1,000 to about 100 after the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing because of negative public sentiment. Groups that call East Texas home include the Ku Klux Klan, the Aryan Nations and Christian Identity.

In 1997, the Dallas FBI broke up a terror plot by members of the Ku Klux Klan to blow up a Wise County power plant.

Former Dallas FBI Special Agent in Charge Danny Coulson was involved in the nation?s first stand-offs with domestic anti-government groups and mounted some of the first intensive domestic terror investigations. He cautioned that authorities should take care not to forget about domestic groups while concentrating on foreign ones.

?It?s scary when you look at their capabilities,? he said. ?Look at the vulnerabilities of our society. We don?t have to concern ourselves only with foreign terrorists, but we need to concern ourselves with domestic terrorists too. And these guys are very dangerous.?

(MMIII, Viacom Internet Services Inc. , All Rights Reserved)

This guy pocesses a WMD and he only faces 10 years? We wage war and sentence people to life without representation or trial for less.

I cannot find it on any news sites other than Pravda and World Net. Nothing in the USA news outlets.

Craaaazy white supremacist Americans - plus with the ongoing media manipulation no one knows what?s true or false.

duh, what a joke... when the solution is that simple: buy more small arms in order to defend yourself :) :wave:

Didn;t realize that was the point...as I said read below...

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Craaaazy white supremacist Americans - plus with the ongoing media manipulation no one knows what?s true or false.

I am not sure which thing scare me more Hip Hop....

The fact that I have not been able to find this in a single freaking new article anywhere in any major us news outlet.....

or

that it was a white supremacist (and the exist elsewhere besides America)

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Awww poor Dread. Hope you're feeling better soon. :hug:

Nahhh....concerned Dread.....My Dr.'s Mom passed away....and they want me to go back to the ER that misdiagnosed me in the first place.....NO WAY!!!! I will wait until Wednesday to see the Dr.

Anyway...look at my Avatar....look what the Drugs have done to me.

fuck the drugs. you?re gonna be alright.

Dreadsox said:

I am not sure which thing scare me more Hip Hop....

The fact that I have not been able to find this in a single freaking new article anywhere in any major us news outlet.....

or

that it was a white supremacist (and the exist elsewhere besides America)

yeh well.. the media manipulation is scary. and that it was a white supremacist - what do i care who it was as long as their bombs don?t explode. and yeah, white supremacists you can find them everywhere. sometimes they even are protected by the police - that was happening in europe, when european neo-fascists were protected because they enjoyed to beat up the anarchists - resulting in less work for the police.

the danger and gravity of the situation is alarming. sodium cyanide bombs..

also the names are weird. i mean, aryan nation ..logical, regarding their opinions, but christian identity? what kind of christian identity is that.

I am going to go out on a limb....

Because they are not foreign nationals.....

it is not considered related to the war on terror?

therefore it is not worthy of media attention....?????

I do not like what my mind is thinkin on this one.

i think that must be left to interpretation.

my interpretaion would even be worse: no matter if they were foreign nationals or American citizens, they were

1) white and

2) from texas (who knows where they were born, but the whole thing apparently happened in texas)

if they were American citizens but

1) muslim, or having a certain middle eastern "touch"- no problem, maybe they can be linked to al-quaeda. very simple, remember the shacks in Cuba.

2) black - no problem, make it big coverage and then go to east l.a. to fight terrorism

but white, and also from texas? difficult.

now if you base y?ur opinions on the media manipulation that happens here, you may ask: what are the main objectives of the fight against terrorism? is it a fight against terrorists, or a fight for xenophobia?

p.s. also imagine the cynical comments.. authorities fail to find WMDs in iraq, but find them in texas.. ha! now what you wanna do in washington, declare war on texas?

:yikes: i hadn't heard of that either, and tyler isn't that far from dallas. scary stuff indeed.

i usually watch CBS channel 11 or ABC channel 8 news out of dallas too. i'll let y'all know if i hear anything on the local news too.

Last edited:
Yes, my point was the lack of coverage here. I found it on the BBc and one other outlet.

What really concerns me if this has progressed all the way to the sentencing stage without a murmur. Scares the crap out of me that Homeland security is working so well.

This has to be a big news story and I agree with HipHop that white - Texas - WMD 's seem to have helped squelch it.

PS - Dreadsox - I so hope youe aren't feeling too much pain :hug:

Scarletwine said:
Yes, my point was the lack of coverage here. I found it on the BBc and one other outlet.

What really concerns me if this has progressed all the way to the sentencing stage without a murmur. Scares the crap out of me that Homeland security is working so well.

This has to be a big news story and I agree with HipHop that white - Texas - WMD 's seem to have helped squelch it.

PS - Dreadsox - I so hope youe aren't feeling too much pain :hug:

it is kind of annoying when you can find a story about Texas on Pravda...but not a single US outlet.

PS....Thanks.....But the Doctor assured me I would not be in any pain...LOL I have my sense of humor...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom