With less than 50% of the Arch-Docese reporting in yet, 1,341 Priests Accused....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Since 1950.

Less than 50% releasing the Data.....lets just double it for conversations sake.

2,700 since 1950. With all of the shuffling around on the part of the bishops who were supposed to be protecting the flock......I wonder how many children were molested.

2 incidents/priest = 5,400
5 incidents/priest = 13,500
10 incidents/priest = 27,000

I wonder how many people grew up to have mental difficulties, alchoholism, drug abuse. I wonder how many of these people grew up to become abusers. Yes I know, I am playing with numbers here. Who knows how many incidents there were. I am just thinking long term effects. How many grew up married, only to have marital difficulties because of the abuse. I wonder how many of the abused, frighteningly enough, may have become abusers of one form or another......

I wonder.......

[Q]Statistics have yet to be released by some archdioceses that have faced hundreds of allegations, including Boston and Los Angeles.[/Q]

This is scary....the numbers are already higher than they were thought to be, and they do not yet include Boston and Los Angelos. I guess doubling it....may not have been enough....

which could mean....more than 27000 incidents.........or not........

Scary....

:mad:

My extended family alone has two that I know of. An uncle of mine was molested and spoke out about it when he was thirteen or so. It really affected him, he's now 40 and has never really been able to maintain a relationship. And because he said something so young he got absolutely taunted as an adolecent. Another 2nd or 3rd cousin of mine was molested and kept it in till he was in his thirties, he ended up commiting suicide a year later.

These numbers are devistating. It infuriates me that the Catholic Church has dragged its feet on this issue and really haven't made any huge steps(in my opinion) to stop this from continuing.

This makes me really angry, too. This stuff should never have happened and I really hate it that the Church big shots are dragging their feet on the issue. No one really knows how many people got permanently psychologically scarred as a result of this stuff. It's inexcusable. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

SO lets see....

2 incidents a times 4,450 priests = about 9,000 incidents.

That assumes that they only molested 2 people.

Think I am underestimating again?

Back
Top Bottom