Will this heat up a new "COLD WAR"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Revealed: Russia spied on Blair for Saddam
By David Harrison
(Filed: 13/04/2003)

Top secret documents obtained by The Telegraph in Baghdad show that Russia provided Saddam Hussein's regime with wide-ranging assistance in the months leading up to the war, including intelligence on private conversations between Tony Blair and other Western leaders.

Moscow also provided Saddam with lists of assassins available for "hits" in the West and details of arms deals to neighbouring countries. The two countries also signed agreements to share intelligence, help each other to "obtain" visas for agents to go to other countries and to exchange information on the activities of Osama bin Laden, the al-Qa'eda leader.

The documents detailing the extent of the links between Russia and Saddam were obtained from the heavily bombed headquarters of the Iraqi intelligence service in Baghdad yesterday.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/04/13/wrus13.xml&sSheet=/portal/2003/04/13/ixportaltop.html

Wow....provided a list of assassins for hire?
Spied on Blair and provided transcripts to Iraq?

Yes, this is a great new friend the west has in the world.

Well, Im surprised they have not found that Moscow supplied nuclear weapons to Iraq.
No, I don't think it will be another Cold War. Don't you spy on us?
The world of intelligence is a dark one.
Just one qoute from the SVR press secretary: "We do not comment on unsubstantiated accusations from tabloids." (My modest translation into English):)
I can easily imagine the Telegraph correspondent risking his life under fire of Republican Guard and saving secret docs from the spot:p

Last edited:
Iraq was a client state of the Soviet Union before the 1991 Gulf War. The majority of Soviet Arms exports went to Iraq during the 1980s. The Soviets had 2,000 troops stationed in Iraq to train their military during the 1980s. It does not surprise me that members of the Russian government, industry, and military, have found small ways to aid Iraq after international sanctions were placed on Iraq in 1990/1991.

OMG, this is chilling. I wonder what Condoleeza Rice and Vladimir Putin talked about last week? I saw them on the news having a meeting.

Maybe true, but the Euro has gone a long way to making the European economies independent of the United States. Besides, there have been discussions about the Euro replacing the dollar as the international standard currency. Interesting...

Back
Top Bottom