Will Kerry Practice What He Preaches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
When SBVT aired their ads, Kerry called on Bush to demand that the ads stop.

I wonder if we will hear Kerry make the same demand when 'Texans for Truth' air their ad.

Texans for Truth is an arm of DriveDemocracy, an Austin-based organization that got its initial funding from the liberal group MoveOn.org. Affiliates of MoveOn.org - MoveOn PAC and MoveOn Voter Fund - have spent about $7 million since March 1 on anti-Bush TV ads.

Is Kerry against attack ads in principle? Or was his demand his way of responding to the questions raised by the SBVT?

Damn, I'm wondering if McCain-Feingold didn't start a Pandora's box of 527 activity in political campaigns. Are we stuck with them? It will be interesting to see if Kerry has anything to say about this. Campaigns are muddy affairs, indeed. Don't be surprised if Time magazine honors Venus as Planet of the Year this year instead of picking a Man of the Year. In 1988 they named "Earth" as "the planet of the Year" and didn't give "Man of the Year" to presidential winner Bush Sr. as is usually the case with presidential winners. The campaign was such a mudfest that my conservative Democratic Senator, Howell Heflin, was disgusted.

It will be interesting to see what he says.

It sounded like Kerry wanted a "cleaner" campaign when he gave his acceptance speech, but he has been known to flip-flop. :wink:

you can't have a clean campaign from one side only unless you're really stupid

that's why future campaigns will probably only get uglier

Salome said:

Unfortunately this is probably one of the truest statements I've read in here in awhile.

Kerry stooped to the level of ugly campaigning because he's behind in the polls. Didn't he just hire some kind of creative PR guy who used to work for Clinton? It's basically between Karl Rove and him now.

You know, ugly campaigning wouldn't be an issue if the American stopped rewarding ugly campaigners with votes.

Yes Kerry hired John Sasso, who among other things..

started the rumor about McCain fathering a child in Thailand - I guess this is the same rumor about McCain fathering a child w/ a black woman

started rumors about Ann Richards being a lesbian

said ugly things about MA Gov King's wife-the person he was working for at the time, Gov Dukakis, fired him because of that

Bad move if you ask me...

Salome said:

Very true. They'll say "when down in the polls, start the mudslinging". And yes, John Sasso is quite the attack dog. He was also mixed up in an incident knocking Joseph Biden out of the presidential race in late 1987, which damn near nuked Dukakis' candidacy.

Back
Top Bottom