Will Florida Machines Work this time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will the FL voting machines work?

• YES

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
Dread-
This is an easy one-
If the Democrats win by "any" margin -than OF COURSE the machines work peeeeerfectly!:D
If they lose..well then its a a conspiracy!:huh:
Gov Bush is re-elected:yes:

DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
Hi Bias said:
Dread, What makes you think they did not work exactly the way Ms. Harris and Jeb intended, in 2000?
Uh oh Dread-
The "Pre-Conspiracy" has just started..just in case the wrong ppl lose;)

DB9

diamond said:

Uh oh Dread-
The "Pre-Conspiracy" has just started..just in case the wrong ppl lose;)

DB9

:heart: Conspiracies :heart:

Well, the Supreme Court will be ready to help I am sure!!!!!!

:macdevil:

Welcome back CHAD how is it HANGING?

:combust:

diamond said:
If the Democrats win by "any" margin -than OF COURSE the machines work peeeeerfectly! :D
If they lose..well then its a a conspiracy! :huh:
you mean like how if a conservative's thread here is closed, it's a conspiracy, but if a liberla's thread is closed, it's warranted? :eyebrow:

KhanadaRhodes said:

you mean like how if a conservative's thread here is closed, it's a conspiracy, but if a liberla's thread is closed, it's warranted? :eyebrow:
Khan-
Yeeeeeah.
Something like dat;)

DB9

ps-
Are u and Gonz going to dress up as "Republicans" for Halloween?:sexywink:

The Florida voting machines will work as well as any others in the country. For years we've essentially tolerated a margin of error in the voting process (as well as a margin of fraud with non-citizens or dead people ?voting?).

U mean the voting "machines"?
not really concerned so much about FL, (albeit DNC quote about in sending in "lawyers" should make it interesting) as I am about places like MO, SD, TX, NJ, and MN.

There's a whole lot of fraud going on out there....:eyebrow:

maybe they should just stick w/ this one..

335947%3B523232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D86%3B%3D52%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E2323347334446ot1lsi

nbcrusader said:
The Florida voting machines will work as well as any others in the country. For years we've essentially tolerated a margin of error in the voting process (as well as a margin of fraud with non-citizens or dead people ?voting?).

Maybe we could help you out. Brazilian electronic voting process is extremely efficient. We get the final results a few hours later and without frauds.

Note that voting is mandatory here. We had around 105 millions of people voting last October 27th. The voting closed at 5 pm. At 10 pm we already knew that Lula had won with 62% of votes. My candidate, now my president ;)

Last edited:
diamond said:
ps-
Are u and Gonz going to dress up as "Republicans" for Halloween?:sexywink:
naw, we didn't. :wink:

although i would like to point out i'm registered as a democrat, and he's registered as a green party member. my mom is a democrat as well, and my dad is a republican. :sexywink: :kiss:

Florida balloting will be mishandled again. Jeb will get reelected. lucky for him florida does not have a three strikes law. he should be locked up for allowing Americans to be disenfranchised.

Here's another question:

Will "dead people" be allowed to vote in Alabama's solid Democratic counties as they usually do? Will "ballot brokers" go around and collect ballots that are supposed to be for homebound citizens in Alabama so that they can help assure victory for their Democ ratic candidates?

Believe it or not, voter fraud is rampant in Alabama's historically solid Democratic counties. Don't think it just hurts Republicans either. It helps the "established" Democrats in the party primaries, and once they get "elected," they rarely face Republican opposition. Every once in awhile, someone will dare to challenge them in a Democratic primary. The "established" politicians will go around to invalids and poor people and say "you better vote for me or you will no longer receive services from the government; in fact, why don't you let my assistant complete your ballot for you?" Do you wonder why these politicians oppose stronger voter identification laws?

~U2Alabama

Fair enough, I have heard these reports. A book was mentioned in this forum about the stealing of elections by fraud, that it has been going on for decades. In a close eletion when the margin of vicory is much less than the margin of error is when all hell breaks lose.

Sorry 2000 Fl election again. - Republicans can say based on the system we have and the legal process followed W is the elected President. Dems can say that in Florida the legal voters who went to the polls on that election day did so to vote for Gore and his victory was a few thousand to tens of thousands. It is not possible to say them that is not true.

Both parties like low voter turnouts. It is easier to target and try to influence likely voters. I have voted in every election, from mundane local ballots to big time presidential elections. I have a voice mail from Pres Bush reminding me to go to the polls and vote Republican. Of course it is recorded and went out to millions of Republicans. I get 3-5 pieces of mail a day the 2 weeks before elections. My neighbor gets almost none, he does not vote.

My point is that we Americans claim to have the best system of government, the best process, etc. It is a joke. We should stop spending billions on more bombs than we need, and invest in a credible election process that works.

My wife said we received a voice mail from President Bush today as well; we have also received a call from Jimmy Buffet (asking us to vote for Deocratic Governor Don Seigelman) and a call from Randy Owen, lead singer of country music group Alabama, asking us to vote for the Republican candidate, Congressman Bob Riley.

We have the resources and equipment here in Alabama to facilitate a fraud-proof election, but there are too many "established" politicians in office to allow us to strengthen voter ID laws. I seriously have a problem with their shady attitudes towards the whole thing. It makes me sick.

~U2Alabama

I got a call from the Rally Monkey asking me to vote for (insert name here)

I presume you are a *targeted* household like myself because you always vote.

I think voting should be made easier. Some people cannot wait an hour or two as reported, to vote. I am not concerned about the less than one per cent that vote who may not be legal voters. I am concerned about the 60-70 percent that do not vote. Why can't balloting be over 2-3 days? Why can't we have a uniform national balloting system that a person only has to learn how to use once. Why cant we have a limited campaign season so voters dont get turned off by all the crap-negative campaigning?

follower said:

Maybe we could help you out. Brazilian electronic voting process is extremely efficient. We get the final results a few hours later and without frauds.

Note that voting is mandatory here. We had around 105 millions of people voting last October 27th. The voting closed at 5 pm. At 10 pm we already knew that Lula had won with 62% of votes. My candidate, now my president ;)

voting is mandatory in Brazil?? how so

us3 said:

voting is mandatory in Brazil?? how so

Yup. Not exactly something to be proud of...neither some ugly things I read in this thread about US elections...never thought that it was this way there.

You know, when I was younger I was against this whole mandatory stuff, you know, freedom and all. Nowadays I accept that, if voting weren?t mandatory here probably only privileged people would vote as a way to mantain their privileges. All of this due to an immense gap we still have between rich and poor, educated and non-educated people...but things will be more fair in the future, I believe so. With Lula. ;)

Last edited:
deep said:
I have a voice mail from Pres Bush reminding me to go to the polls and vote Republican.

How do you (and everyone else) feel about this? I personally find it rather pathetic that the Presidential office would resort to telemarketing.

The whole system is pathetic.
On NPR today I heard that dems got a voice mail from Clinton.
I think Greens would have gotten one from Nader if they had BIG money to pay for it.

The Republicans ripped Clinton for fund raising. W. has far surpassed anything Clinton did. They all hypocrites.

I haven't gotten any calls from anybody--maybe because I'm not registered with a party (my voting record is all over the place--Greens, Democrats, Independents, even the rare Republican, lol). I did finally get polled, though, last week.

Re: I got a call from the Rally Monkey asking me to vote for (insert name here)

deep said:
I think voting should be made easier. Some people cannot wait an hour or two as reported, to vote. I am not concerned about the less than one per cent that vote who may not be legal voters. I am concerned about the 60-70 percent that do not vote. Why can't balloting be over 2-3 days? Why can't we have a uniform national balloting system that a person only has to learn how to use once. Why cant we have a limited campaign season so voters dont get turned off by all the crap-negative campaigning?

We already allow for absentee voting, which gives the voter a couple of weeks to cast a ballot.

Crusader,

I get mailed several absentee applications every election. I have always voter at the polls. I like the feeling of being part of the process on Election Day. I have always voter in Orange County California where the legislators have allocated enough funds for proper participation. The ballot system has not change in over 20 years. It is punch card with a sliding lever. It is not a butterfly ballot. The longest I ever had to wait is 5-10 minutes. If I went to vote at 4pm because I had to pick up my kids at 5pm, and the line to vote was two hours I would be disenfranchised. If the actual ballot was a lot different from the sample ballot I received and in different order my vote may not properly reflect my choice. I have never had any problems voting and it sounds like you have not either. Our experience is not the same for everyone else. The system needs fixing.

i too got a call from ed bryant, a representative for tennessee hoping to win a spot for senate, calling to tell me that i should vote for van hilleary for governor. jesus christ, i think he'd be more concerned with his own campaign instead of worrying about his fellow republicans.

trust me, it's not that i'm pissed because i'm anti-republican, if someone had called telling me to vote for phil bredesen or any of the other people i voted for, i'd be pissed. i'm starting to get very disappointed in it all and am looking forward to 7 pm tonight just so the polls will be closed and i won't have to see any more stupid advertisements, worry about receiving any phone calls, etc.

I think Election Day should be a national holiday, whereas everyone is off from work. There should then be no excuses.

Melon

melon said:
I think Election Day should be a national holiday, whereas everyone is off from work. There should then be no excuses.

Melon

Maybe I'm crazy (always a possibility) but didn't it used to be a holiday? I distinctly remember school being closed on presidential election days when I was a kid.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i too got a call from ed bryant, a representative for tennessee hoping to win a spot for senate, calling to tell me that i should vote for van hilleary for governor. jesus christ, i think he'd be more concerned with his own campaign instead of worrying about his fellow republicans.

Mr. Bryant's Senate campaign is over; he was defeated by Lamar Alexander in the Republican primary.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom