Will Florida Machines Work this time? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Will the FL voting machines work?
YES 6 40.00%
NO 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2002, 03:45 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:57 AM

the only reason I vote is cuz they give a free lapel sticker that reads-
"I voted today"

so there

thank u-
DB9

Old 11-05-2002, 03:58 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
the only reason I vote is cuz they give a free lapel sticker that reads-
"I voted today"

so there

thank u-
DB9
I always suspected you were a fashion maven.

Old 11-05-2002, 08:07 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal Re: I got a call from the Rally Monkey asking me to vote for (insert name here)

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
I .

I think voting should be made easier. Some people cannot wait an hour or two as reported, to vote. I am not concerned about the less than one per cent that vote who may not be legal voters. I am concerned about the 60-70 percent that do not vote. Why can't balloting be over 2-3 days? Why can't we have a uniform national balloting system that a person only has to learn how to use once. Why cant we have a limited campaign season so voters dont get turned off by all the crap-negative campaigning?
I dunno.
2-3 days?
I think we are spoiled and thankless as Americans.
We lived in a great country, the polls open up early , stay open late.
Citizens help eachother get to the polls
Citizens work at polling places for free
As citizens we should feel privilged to vote on Election Day

What past great leader said-
"Ask not what your country can do for you , ask what you can do for your country"?
A-JKF

In other words 'get your flabby ass off the couch and go vote on Election Day' and quit whining..

thank you
DB9
Old 11-05-2002, 08:50 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:57 AM
BUsh WINS FL.......

GO JEB GO! GO JEB GO!

JEB for PREZ IN 2008.....WAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOO
Old 11-05-2002, 09:11 PM   #35
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

I DO NOT WANT A DEMOCRATIC GOVERNOR!!!!!

I am sooo skeptical of those damn exit polls, they are saying Michigan is going from having a great Republican governor for the past 12 years to some crabby Democrat woman (Jennifer Granholm ). I refuse to believe it til all the numbers are in

Lord help us all.....

Yay for Jeb winning (if he does).
Old 11-05-2002, 10:51 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:57 AM

bonosloveslave:

It looks like your neighbors in Illinois have followed the same pattern; I think I saw where the Democrat is leading the new Ryan significantly.

It is too close to call, but apparently we are keeping our Democratic Governor here in Alabama.

~U2Alabama
Old 11-06-2002, 01:33 AM   #37
us3
The Fly

Local Time: 03:57 AM
Re: AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave

I am sooo skeptical of those damn exit polls, they are saying Michigan is going from having a great Republican governor for the past 12 years to some crabby Democrat woman (Jennifer Granholm ). I refuse to believe it til all the numbers are in

Lord help us all.....

Yay for Jeb winning (if he does).

why would u vote for a dead dick?(postumus?)
Old 11-06-2002, 09:21 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

guess the machines worked ok in florida afterall?
the whole day I had Duran Duran's -"Election Day" going thru my head

Let freedom ring..
Peace-

DB9
Old 11-06-2002, 10:04 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I too found the candidate's name "Posthumus" to be interesting. I have to admit, at first I wondered if the candidate had died recently and the ballot simply read "Posthumus" instead of his/her name.

And regarding the Florida election: I see where Jeb Bush won "handily." Although that would reasonably eliminate "conspiracy" charges, I am sure that something will surface.

We have a 3,100 vote difference here in Alabama.

~U2Alabama
Old 11-06-2002, 11:19 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Re: AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Quote:

Lord help us all.....
I feel for ya BLS - we got another 4 years of the same crook here in California. Davis has perfected the pay for play politician.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:21 AM   #41
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Re: Re: AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

I feel for ya BLS - we got another 4 years of the same crook hear in California. Davis has perfected the pay for play politician.
Sorry to hear that - and yes the silly woman did win.

At least we've got a Republican House and Senate now, that's some consolation.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:27 AM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Re: Re: AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Quote:
Sorry to hear that - and yes the silly woman did win.
Posthumous and Engler were as ineffectual as it got in Michigan. There is a reason that southeast Michigan votes generally votes so heavily in favor of Democrats. Engler and his cronies did a very good job at giving Lansing and Grand Rapids some pretty immaculate roads, but southeast Michigan was little more than a pothole, and, in his infinite wisdom, rejected federal funds to fix a road that was flat out destroyed during an I-75 construction detour. He was a savvy politician that always knew how to rally voters with a seemingly bipartisan initiative right before his election, who sat on his ass the rest of the time.

I, for one, am glad to see him long gone. Granholm, at least, has a pretty strong education and an effective record as attorney general, which is far more than I can say for Posthumous.

Melon
Old 11-06-2002, 09:44 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

There is something seriously wrong in Florida
Quote:
More than 100,000 votes went missing on Tuesday between the time they were counted by electronic machines and the time they were reported on cable-access television and on the Supervisor of Elections web site.

A glitch in the vote reporting system left a 104,000-vote difference between Tuesday night's totals and those reported late Wednesday.

Election officials said the error has no effect on the outcome of any races, though voter turnout jumped from 35 percent to 45 percent after it was corrected.

And it raises questions about how the supervisor's office could have missed that many votes.

''The initial reports didn't include everything we tabulated,'' Deputy Supervisor Joe Cotter said. ``It was a minor software thing. Once we realized it, we took the proper steps to fix it.''

Before the county canvassing board members went home early Wednesday, they saw a discrepancy in the vote reports, which showed 402,951 people voted in the governor's race, but only 337,976 total ballots were cast.

''That was the red flag,'' said Charles Lindsey, an election monitor from the state Division of Elections.

Supervisor of Elections Miriam Oliphant said the problem was ''small,'' but admitted she didn't know what prompted it. ''That's what the technical folks, the [Election Systems & Software] people, are trying to figure out,'' she said.

The canvassing board plans to meet at 9:30 tonight to certify all the votes, except for about 3,000 provisional ballots. Those will be certified Thursday morning, before the canvassing board releases official tallies to the state.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:05 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie

That is an interesting article, deep. Do you have a source for it? I have looked at several news sites and the Florida Democratic Party website but have not been able to find out anything more on that.

I did find an article on www.foxnews.com which quoted a spokesman for the Florida Democratic Party as saying nothing occurred that would affect the outcome of the election and it was relatively "error-free." I have quoted it below:

In Florida, a state as notorious for voting problems as shark attacks, the voting process had some initial glitches but was a smooth ride compared to the 2000 elections.

"There were a few minor problems but nothing that would affect the outcome of the election, or that we would be litigating, at least that we've found so far," a spokesman for the Florida Democratic Party said Wednesday. "Yesterday, Florida got what it deserved, a relatively error-free election."

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,69344,00.html

~U2Alabama
Old 11-07-2002, 06:44 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Bama,

Sorry I can not find that article, but here are two similar ones.

]here

]and here

I am not suggesting Jeb or the Republicans tried to pull anything here. I am saying there are serious problems with our voting process, and it should be changed if we are to have confidence in the system.
It is important that we have exit polling and other polls, so the outcome is kept in check. When we have close elections, the margin of error, and even manipulation can effect the outcome. That is why I advocate a national voting system, with cards that can be recounted. The touch screen system being pushed on us is so easy to manipulate.

Here is a go site for Newspapers-----------http://newslink.org/news.html