Will CNN Feel The Heat???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Bono did.

When CNN's Don Mischer wants something, you better give it to him:

'Go balloons, go balloons! Go balloons! I don't see anything happening. Go balloons! Go balloons! Go balloons! Standby confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring it- balloons, balloons, balloons! We want balloons, tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet.

'No confetti. All right, go balloons, go balloons. We need more balloons. All balloons! All balloons! Keep going! Come on, guys, lets move it. Jesus! We need more balloons. I want all balloons to go, goddammit. Go confetti. Go confetti. More confetti. I want more balloons. What's happening to the balloons? We need more balloons.

'We need all of them coming down. Go balloons- balloons? What's happening balloons? There's not enough coming down! All balloons, what the hell! There's nothing falling! What the fuck are you guys doing up there? We want more balloons coming down, more balloons. More balloons. More balloons'...

I didn't happen to see this. Why was he going on about the ballons and confetti?

Apparently the news outlets were allowed to listen in on the production booth but were not supposed to broadcast any of it...for some reason CNN had an open mike going, along with Mischer's name and title up on the screen.

Oops! :eek:

I don't think the FCC rules apply to CNN because they don't use public airwaves. Same reason they can swear on HBO and FX.

ylimeU2 said:
I didn't happen to see this. Why was he going on about the ballons and confetti?

The standard closing to a convention is a balloon/confetti drop following the presidential candidate's speech. Makes a nice picture for television.

It didn't work last night.

Bono's American Wife said:
Apparently the news outlets were allowed to listen in on the production booth but were not supposed to broadcast any of it...for some reason CNN had an open mike going, along with Mischer's name and title up on the screen.

Oops! :eek:

Thanks. I had to get to bed early and up at 4 this morning. Haven't checked the news yet.

Does CNN have the same standards as public television? So many people have cable and access to cable nowadays that it doesn't seem to matter. How can it be assumed that just because it's on cable, no one will be offened? It doesn't bother me, but isn't that a bit of a double standard?

Last edited:
possible irony was not intented

ThatGuy said:
I don't think the FCC rules apply to CNN because they don't use public airwaves. Same reason they can swear on HBO and FX.
if I was in charge I would change the constitution if necessary to right this wrong dammit

I didn't know anything about the incident because at Kerry headquarters we watched someone else's coverage. I got home, and my mother was watching CNN, and Wolf Blitzer apologized for something. I had no idea what he was talking about until my mother told me. I daresay some viewers were offended. What a stupid screw-up.

Last edited:
Don't remember a lot of heat when W called a member of the press a "major league asshole" in an open mike.

Very Presidential:yes:

I'm assuming CNN isn't covered by the FCC, but maybe they are...but what gets me is no one has done anything about sporting events, I've heard players and coaches caught on mic cussing all the time and these are on major networks on public TV. I think's it's very obvious that the FCC doesn't really care about cleaning up the airwaves, they are more concerned about getting rid of programming they don't like. Of course they may try and find a way to get CNN since it's not FOX news.:wink:

verte76 said:
I didn't know anything about the incident because at Kerry headquarters we watched someone else's coverage. I got home, and my mother was watching CNN, and Wolf Blitzer apologized for something. I had no idea what he was talking about until my mother told me. I daresay some viewers were offended. What a stupid screw-up.

BAW and I simultaneously laughed our asses off!!!!! :lmao:

'Go balloons, go balloons! Go balloons! I don't see anything happening. Go balloons! Go balloons! Go balloons! Standby confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring it- balloons, balloons, balloons! We want balloons, tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet.

'No confetti. All right, go balloons, go balloons. We need more balloons. All balloons! All balloons! Keep going! Come on, guys, lets move it. Jesus! We need more balloons. I want all balloons to go, goddammit. Go confetti. Go confetti. More confetti. I want more balloons. What's happening to the balloons? We need more balloons.

'We need all of them coming down. Go balloons- balloons? What's happening balloons? There's not enough coming down! All balloons, what the hell! There's nothing falling! What the fuck are you guys doing up there? We want more balloons coming down, more balloons. More balloons. More balloons'...

--------------------------------------------

:eyebrow:

:ohmy:

:laugh:

:coocoo:

I'm sorry but....:lmao:

Sounds like a little kid (with a few added choice expletives) at a birthday party, balloons, balloon, we need balloons!!! Go balloons, go!

ROTFL!

News at 11, balloons failure to fall, cause anchorman to go nutters.

Back
Top Bottom