Will bullheaded white women ruin the race???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if a hilary supporter is going to vote for the other (shitty) team out of spite, then they obviously don't support any sort of democratic belief system. If the democrats don't win this election base on the track record of the current adminstration there is something deeply, horrifically wrong with the american people.

Hell, even Australians with our RSL white policy peep and anti immigration peeps voted for the right guy (well the better of two!) ahahah

I think some damage was done.

Among the Hillary supporters I know, they will probably opt out of the Presidential or write in Hillary as a protest vote, which is what I intend to do. I do not know if Hillary was on the VP slot whether that would change my mind as I consider VP kind of a nothing position. Then again this area is heavy Clinton country across the board so I wouldn't even begin to speculate how that translates outside the area. I've heard some grumblings about voting for McCain, but I'm not going there. Over the course of the election I've gone from "for sure" if Obama is the candidate to "likely" to "don't think so."
And I don't see any reason for apology for it. I didn't abandon them. They lost me.

I don't think you will be able to determine how severe the split is until November and possibly 2010 when you see whether Obama support or Democrat disaffection will carry over into the midterms. If there is a split, the Democrats will feel the loss greatest then.

That being said, I expect Obama to win in November although not handily. So you don't need me at all.:D:

I think it is frankly quite ridiculous, for Hillary supporters to not vote for Obama (just as I have vehemently noted how ridiculous it has been for Obama supporters to hurl insults at Hillary). Both have been excellent candidates who have substantially equivalent platforms, and considering that election promises are routinely made out of idealism, rather than the pragmatic process that is Congressional approval, there's a good chance that you'll probably end up with the same end result with either candidate. As such, all this bad blood between the two sides is just nonsense. I would have been equally happy to cast a presidential vote for either candidate in the November election, but now that it seems like Obama is the Democratic candidate, I will be voting for him.

It should not be this difficult, folks.

Among the Hillary supporters I know, they will probably opt out of the Presidential or write in Hillary as a protest vote, which is what I intend to do.

I've heard some grumblings about voting for McCain, but I'm not going there.

These two are exactly the same goddamn thing.

Not voting for the Democrat is the same thing as voting for the Republican. You can fool yourself all you want about it being some sort of "symbolic" protest vote, but the McCain people are more than happy to have you cast your vote for them that way.

I think it is frankly quite ridiculous, for Hillary supporters to not vote for Obama (just as I have vehemently noted how ridiculous it has been for Obama supporters to hurl insults at Hillary). Both have been excellent candidates who have substantially equivalent platforms, and considering that election promises are routinely made out of idealism, rather than the pragmatic process that is Congressional approval, there's a good chance that you'll probably end up with the same end result with either candidate. As such, all this bad blood between the two sides is just nonsense. I would have been equally happy to cast a presidential vote for either candidate in the November election, but now that it seems like Obama is the Democratic candidate, I will be voting for him.

It should not be this difficult, folks.

No shit. :rolleyes:

These two are exactly the same goddamn thing.

Not voting for the Democrat is the same thing as voting for the Republican. You can fool yourself all you want about it being some sort of "symbolic" protest vote, but the McCain people are more than happy to have you cast your vote for them that way.

And so it goes.

I can't fathom why a person who supported Clinton would not vote for Obama. When it comes down to it, they have almost identical views over numerous issues. Why would you not do it? That's why I was disgusted months ago that certain people would not vote for Clinton if she had won instead. Give me a break.

I supported Clinton early on, but there's no way I would not vote for Obama.

If the democrats don't win this election base on the track record of the current adminstration there is something deeply, horrifically wrong with the american people.

No. If the Democrats lose this then there is something horrifically wrong with the Democratic party, not the American people.

I can't fathom why a person who supported Clinton would not vote for Obama. When it comes down to it, they have almost identical views over numerous issues. Why would you not do it? That's why I was disgusted months ago that certain people would not vote for Clinton if she had won instead. Give me a break.

I supported Clinton early on, but there's no way I would not vote for Obama.

Well, according to exit polling, 15% of registered white Democrats said that RACE was important in choosing their candidate.

I have no idea how many people who voted for Hillary in the primaries are actually likely to vote for McCain in November purely out of resentment, but I do know that hysterical screeching about how stupid, racist, or [subtext] hormonal[/subtext] they are ain't gonna do shit to win them back.

Well, the exit polls do show that 15% of White registered Democrats consider race to be important in choosing their candidate, so one could extrapolate from that, that 10% of all Democrats will be voting for McCain in the November simply because of race.

The next question would be if 15% of White registered Democrats think race is important in choosing their candidate, how many White Independents and Republicans who are generally less liberal than registered Democrats will feel that way. We may find that racism is much stronger than we thought in this election. After all, how many people openly admit to such things in an exit poll.

Don't worry, if Obama looses in November it will be the whole countries racism, not just that of hysterical white women.

Ah, the smear begins.:hyper:

"Smear"? Most people understand that there is still racism in the United States, but its shocking to see that 15% of white registered Democrats will likely not be voting for Obama in November simply because of race.

If somebody doesn't vote for Obama because of his religious associations is that still racism?

It seems that in the primaries misogyny trumped race in terms of innate qualities of the candidates.

Sticking race as a dominant theme for the campaign would be divisive, it would turn up unwanted associations for Obama (Reverend Wright and his connections to Farrakhan for instance) and it would alienate a lot of people who don't like being told that they are racists because of how they vote.

but its shocking to see that 15% of white registered Democrats will likely not be voting for Obama in November simply because of race.

what's shocking is that that's shocking to you.

frankly, 30 years ago that number would have been about 40%. 50 years ago it would have been about 70%. 80 years ago it would have been about 91%.

so yes, we've come an awful long way as a country in regards to race. but there are plenty of pickup trucks with the stars and bars and a gun rack still left out there.

what's shocking is that that's shocking to you.

frankly, 30 years ago that number would have been about 40%. 50 years ago it would have been about 70%. 80 years ago it would have been about 91%.

so yes, we've come an awful long way as a country in regards to race. but there are plenty of pickup trucks with the stars and bars and a gun rack still left out there.

Remember, were not talking about the country as a whole here, just Whites in the Democratic party who tend to be more liberal than Independents or Republicans.

Among the Hillary supporters I know, they will probably opt out of the Presidential or write in Hillary as a protest vote, which is what I intend to do.

Could you explain to me what you, and other voters opting out or writing-in, are protesting against?
What did Obama do wrong to disqualify him from being voted for? Is it his "small town" faux pas?

And, I'm honestly just asking. :)

it's pretty sad, but not the least bit surprising, that we even need to have the discussion - is america ready for a black president?

That's ok

A very large portion of young voters let race influence their vote.

They looked at Obama's bi-racial heritage, and felt the image of a non-white President was exciting enough, that they never even gave Hillary a fair consideration.

and they will show up and vote in November.

Could you explain to me what you, and other voters opting out or writing-in, are protesting against?
What did Obama do wrong to disqualify him from being voted for? Is it his "small town" faux pas?

And, I'm honestly just asking. :)

The local AHL hockey team is in the middle of the Calder Cup Finals so I'll be immersed in work and hockey for the next several days, so I won't have time to go into detail until this weekend. But if you'll be patient, I'll be delighted.
Hockey takes precedence.

The local AHL hockey team is in the middle of the Calder Cup Finals so I'll be immersed in work and hockey for the next several days, so I won't have time to go into detail until this weekend. But if you'll be patient, I'll be delighted.
Hockey takes precedence.

No worries, and good luck for your team!

if a hilary supporter is going to vote for the other (shitty) team out of spite, then they obviously don't support any sort of democratic belief system. If the democrats don't win this election base on the track record of the current adminstration there is something deeply, horrifically wrong with the american people.

Hell, even Australians with our RSL white policy peep and anti immigration peeps voted for the right guy (well the better of two!) ahahah

EXACTLY!!!

I think some damage was done.

Among the Hillary supporters I know, they will probably opt out of the Presidential or write in Hillary as a protest vote, which is what I intend to do. I do not know if Hillary was on the VP slot whether that would change my mind as I consider VP kind of a nothing position. Then again this area is heavy Clinton country across the board so I wouldn't even begin to speculate how that translates outside the area. I've heard some grumblings about voting for McCain, but I'm not going there. Over the course of the election I've gone from "for sure" if Obama is the candidate to "likely" to "don't think so."
And I don't see any reason for apology for it. I didn't abandon them. They lost me.

I don't think you will be able to determine how severe the split is until November and possibly 2010 when you see whether Obama support or Democrat disaffection will carry over into the midterms. If there is a split, the Democrats will feel the loss greatest then.

That being said, I expect Obama to win in November although not handily. So you don't need me at all.:D:

This is exaxctly what's wrong with the Hillary Democrats...shame on you!!!
If the Republicans are elected again this fall it will rest on you.

This is exaxctly what's wrong with the Hillary Democrats...shame on you!!!
If the Republicans are elected again this fall it will rest on you.

Wait a minute. Aren't you one who's been yelling that no one should ever vote for Clinton no matter what? So if she was the Democratic nominee and people agreed with you, they wouldn't vote for her. Isn't that the same damned thing?

Is your hatred of Clinton so strong you are blinded to that?

Back
Top Bottom