Will bullheaded white women ruin the race??? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 02:53 AM
I already start rolling my eyes the minute I read these headlines.
__________________

__________________
melon is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #17
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,332
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Yeah, because these feminist women of my Mom's age, who fought to break through the glass ceiling, who fought to have full rights and domain over their reproductive systems, are going to vote for a man who is going to stack the SCOTUS with backwards white men that will set back the women's movement about 40 years.

Hell, I'm voting for McCain because he's so good looking. :swoon:
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 10:43 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 42,640
Local Time: 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Hell, I'm voting for McCain because he's so good looking. :swoon:
__________________
MsPurrl is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #19
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,641
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
No doubt McCain will get a good portion of Hillary's female vote. I know a few, personally, who have been waiting for this since 2002.

Hell hath no fury...
Based on what? Policies? Please!!!
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #20
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Based on what? Policies? Please!!!
No, it ain't the policies that's for sure...it's because they are BULLHEADED WHITE WOMEN!!!
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #21
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,641
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
No, it ain't the policies that's for sure...it's because they are BULLHEADED WHITE WOMEN!!!
The definition of 'bullheaded' would require a certain amount of sternness, turning to McCain requires fickleness...

No one who was voting for Hillary based on issues would turn to McCain.

That would require stupidity not stubbornness...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #22
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
The definition of 'bullheaded' would require a certain amount of sternness, turning to McCain requires fickleness...

No one who was voting for Hillary based on issues would turn to McCain.

That would require stupidity not stubbornness...
Sometimes they come hand in hand. Hopefully by the fall this stubborn faction will realise what exactly they are voting for.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Election 2008

Bullheaded Women & Typical White Guys vs. Eggheads & African Americans.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #24
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,641
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
Sometimes they come hand in hand. Hopefully by the fall this stubborn faction will realise what exactly they are voting for.
I seriously doubt it...

But there are a few that like to shoot themselves in the foot.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Based on what? Policies? Please!!!
Based on hysterical fantasies.
__________________
VintagePunk is online now  
Old 06-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #26
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,400
Local Time: 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Yeah, because these feminist women of my Mom's age, who fought to break through the glass ceiling, who fought to have full rights and domain over their reproductive systems, are going to vote for a man who is going to stack the SCOTUS with backwards white men that will set back the women's movement about 40 years.

I don't believe McCain is going to get anything but a negligible number of bitter voters. Give everyone else a month to cool off and the reality of another 4 years of reckless Republican rule will smack them in the face.
Of course that was the thinking in 2004. In addition, the women you speak of did not mind voting for Reagan in record numbers twice.
__________________
Maoilbheannacht is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,249
Local Time: 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
Based on what? Policies? Please!!!
It could be any number of things.

For one, the Hillary supporters I know want someone who has experience and can lead- traits Obama does not have- and, despite regular disagreements, would simply feel more comfortable with McCain as president.

Also, McCain is fairly liberal, so it's not like they would disagree with McCain on every single issue.

Some Hillary supporters feel that the media has been totally unfair to her campaign and in obvious support of Obama- a claim I don't disagree with.

Or who knows, they could just be switching to McCain to get him elected and her elected in 2012.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,641
Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
It could be any number of things.

For one, the Hillary supporters I know want someone who has experience and can lead- traits Obama does not have- and, despite regular disagreements, would simply feel more comfortable with McCain as president.
Hillary vs Obama experience is laughable... when it comes down to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Also, McCain is fairly liberal, so it's not like they would disagree with McCain on every single issue.
This no longer is a debatable issue, he's too gray. He used to be too liberal for the NeoCons, but he sold himself out to buy votes, independents aren't sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Some Hillary supporters feel that the media has been totally unfair to her campaign and in obvious support of Obama- a claim I don't disagree with.
Well they are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Or who knows, they could just be switching to McCain to get him elected and her elected in 2012.
Then they would be really stupid...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 01:31 AM   #29
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 08:53 AM
I have no idea how many people who voted for Hillary in the primaries are actually likely to vote for McCain in November purely out of resentment, but I do know that hysterical screeching about how stupid, racist, or [subtext] hormonal[/subtext] they are ain't gonna do shit to win them back.
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 06-04-2008, 01:34 AM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 05:53 PM
It really seems that for every "genuine conservative" that has gone flat on McCain there is probably a Hillary voter who feels abused by the process, who knows they may cancel eachother out.

If staying at home meant 4 years of the least bad Republican plus a lock for Hillary in 2012 one may make that call.
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com