Wigs For Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=407603&in_page_id=1770

"Harmless fun" or bizarre/bad parenting? I also saw a piece on the news recently about people dyeing the hair of their young kids, just because they want them to have a different hair color. And hair dye has been possibly linked to cancer.

Yes I would imagine wigs are quite uncomfortable and can be dirty and germy and all that.

"The firm's website says its aim to "show that while parenting can be a great responsibility, it can also be a source of endless amusement." That quote bothers me for some reason, as if babies are toys. Yes I'm sure parenting can be amusing, but that amusement should be natural and with the child's welfare being the primary concern. I don't know, people dress up babies in Halloween costumes and things like that-but that is once a year and as long as the costume is safe and comfortable.... I guess I'm just wondering where the line is drawn, what is healthy and what isn't. Then you could get into the whole discussion of beauty pageants for babies and toddlers and kids and what all of that does to kids.

babyBM290906_700x347.jpg

nathan1977 said:

Has FYM lost its sense of humor?

FYM really never developed a sense of humor!

The wigs have nothing to do with parenting. Like Verte, I think they are cute. Like the rock t-shirts they are selling for babies!

I've seen this before and think it is funny. Appropo what with Halloween approaching, even though not everyone believes in or celebrates Halloween. Can't please everyone all of the time.

itreminds me ofsome truly sad parents I know who would buy this to get a bit more of attention than they already do

I seriously doubt that wearing an innocent wig will lead to anything detrimental for the child later on in life, so I guess some people are going to have no choice but to develop a sense of humor on the issue unfortunately. I know its going to be a long and arduous task for many here :(

I laugh at good jokes
I laugh at bad jokes

it just annoys me to no end that people who wouldn't wear something like that themselves because they would feel like a dick would actually put it on their baby's head because they apparently are so starved for some attention

I think putting wigs on your babies, dyeing your kids' hair, and general weirdness like that is odd parenting-and yes perhaps attention seeking. Doesn't mean I have no sense of humor :shrug: If you want to walk around in a wig as an adult, fine. I just don't get doing that to your baby.

I'm pretty sure a wig can't be comfortable for a baby, I would hope they aren't left on for any length of time. Most babies and kids don't even want to leave hats on.

Well it's disputed, but you can find lots of information on the net :)

Here's the first random article I found

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/80/96452

I know if I had kids, no way in hell would I be dyeing their hair for vanity's sake or for "fun" and taking any sort of potential risks with their health. That is much more serious than the wigs obviously, but you can also possibly look at it as differing points on the same spectrum-from wigs all the way to makeup and tanning and veneers and hair bleaching in kiddie beauty pageants.

Back
Top Bottom