Why will the Democrats win in 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sean, that reminds me of a story my boyfriend told me of his time working with a group of american contractors in Mali. One of his "friends" had just been on the phone to the States with his sister and hung it up in a furious rage. He says to my boyfriend, "my sister is marrying a fucking black man!" Then five minutes later, "hey man, you ready to go out drinking?" My boyfriend basically told him that he could go drinking by himself because after all he (my bf) was a fucking black man. It was pretty amazing how the guy could be buddies with my boyfriend but when it came to his sister the true colors came out. Anyways, anytime someone uses the "I have black/gay/insert minority friends ergo I can't possibly be a racist/homophobe/etc." excuse, it just sounds lame to me. :shrug:

sulawesigirl4 said:
sean, that reminds me of a story my boyfriend told me of his time working with a group of american contractors in Mali. One of his "friends" had just been on the phone to the States with his sister and hung it up in a furious rage. He says to my boyfriend, "my sister is marrying a fucking black man!" Then five minutes later, "hey man, you ready to go out drinking?" My boyfriend basically told him that he could go drinking by himself because after all he (my bf) was a fucking black man. It was pretty amazing how the guy could be buddies with my boyfriend but when it came to his sister the true colors came out. Anyways, anytime someone uses the "I have black/gay/insert minority friends ergo I can't possibly be a racist/homophobe/etc." excuse, it just sounds lame to me. :shrug:

**sigh** I know the story well.

Like I say. . .if Obama gets the Democratic nomination, expect feelings like the ones we've described to be exploited and manipulated. It will be sophisticated--much more sophisticated than the stories we've experienced--but it will be there.

Back
Top Bottom