Why we need these gay threads - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 03:52 AM

Old 03-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 05:52 AM

Old 03-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:52 AM
Old 03-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yeah, this is disgusting. I hate reading this stuff. My heart and prayers go out to this man and his loved ones.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:09 PM   #20
New Yorker

I belong to the Southern Poverty Law Center. They track hate groups and unfortunately the groups are targeting teenagers mainly through internet sites using music and group attraction. It is a serious growing problem. They have great resources for schools to use to help teach tolerance at every grade level. I was able to get my sons elementary school to pick up on some of the resources and am working on the Jr high.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:18 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

sickening

It is extremely disheartening that teenagers are still doing such horrific things in 2005.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
You're right BVS...

And the plot thickens, from the Albuquerque Journal:

Quote:

One of the suspects, David Trinidad, 17, already is on probation for raping a 4 1/2-year-old boy, according to Assistant District Attorney Heidi Pircher.

This doesn't surprise me at all. As has been proven time and time and time again, those who seem to hate homosexuality the most are indeed homosexual (or bisexual) and have tremendous difficulties coming to terms with it.

As for those youngsters who felt their vote in the polls reflects "morality" - I can't recall a time when hate crimes and open prejudices were ever moral. Glad to see intelligence hasn't washed over this country yet...
Old 03-04-2005, 08:22 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho
[/i]

This doesn't surprise me at all. As has been proven time and time and time again, those who seem to hate homosexuality the most are indeed homosexual (or bisexual) and have tremendous difficulties coming to terms with it.
Well, a man who rapes a 4 year old boy is a pedophile, not gay. But it's quite possible that this guy who raped the 4 year old boy has confused pedophilia with homosexuality and fearing that he may be gay, apparently a fate worse than being a pedophile in his eyes, he may feel the need to beat up gays to disguise his own fears and self-hatred. So yes, I agree with you there and that's what I was hinting at.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:15 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho
As for those youngsters who felt their vote in the polls reflects "morality" - I can't recall a time when hate crimes and open prejudices were ever moral.
Thank you. I had to laugh at the "morality" vote for the election...nobody in this country is perfect, everybody has done something that somebody would consider immoral at some point and time, so for them to sit there and base their vote on morality amuses me.

Anywho...geez, raping a 4 1/2 year old boy.... Unbelievable.

Angela
Old 03-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:52 AM
wow, thats terrible.
you know, Im thinking that its a good example of just how we humans operate. were scared of what isnt like us. I wonder if the people who did this were specifically scared, or grossed out by the guy being gay, or just unlike them.
I'll never understand.
I remember when i was walking down the hallway in high school with my friend donte'. He was gay and everybody knew it. Some guys were sitting on the floor when we walked by and they yelled "faggot" at him. He just ignored it. Like it just flew through him. I didnt take it so well though. The guys proceeded to spit at Donte' and I snapped. I yelled at the guys, who happened to be other friends of mine, and I kicked one of them in the head
Doing that I descended to their level while Donte' was the only good one in the whole scenario
Old 03-04-2005, 11:03 AM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Well, a man who rapes a 4 year old boy is a pedophile, not gay.

thank you.

pedophilia is to homosexuality as rape is to heterosexuality.

and vice versa.

it drove me a little bananas when my friend thought that Michael Jackson was probably guilty because of all the evidence and that, "you know, no offense, but i do think he's gay."

as if one has something to do with the other.

the reason why it appears as if so many pedophiles are men preying on boys has more to do with the fact that older men are able to be alone with young boys -- think boy scouts, or alter boys -- than they are with young girls.

and the majority of vicitms of pedophilia are actually little girls who are usually molested by an older male relative.

sorry -- as someone who's worked with kids for years, nothing makes me crazier than these assumptions.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

For anyone who is still confused about the issue, a pedophile is an adult who is sexually attracted to children and has absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality at all.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:27 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

someone should tell this to the Catholic Church ...
Old 03-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #29
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:52 AM
to joyfulgirl

Pedophilia has nothing to do with sexuality. We don't condemn heterosexuals because some men have raped or molested young girls, do we?

I hope these kids (the one who committed this awful crime) get some therapy and a nice long sentence to help them think about what they did.

Join Amnesty.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:33 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:52 AM
So glad that there are people out there who know that rape and pedophilia aren't strictly associated with homosexuality-I've actually been in debates with people where they had the nerve to connect those things together, and it drives me up the wall every time, so it's really refreshing to know that some people out there don't make that connection.

Quote:
Originally posted by u2bonogirl
wow, thats terrible.
you know, Im thinking that its a good example of just how we humans operate. were scared of what isnt like us.
It is definitely an example of how humans can be. And it's a real shame, too, because obviously not everything in this world that is different is automatically going to be harmful. I personally only fear that which could harm me or my loved ones...and homosexuals don't fit that qualification. I remember the first time I really ever heard about the concept of homosexuality...I don't even recall pausing for a second before accepting it. I just heard about it, went, "Oh. Okay." and went on with my life. Shame some people decide to go the route these guys did.

Quote:
I wonder if the people who did this were specifically scared, or grossed out by the guy being gay, or just unlike them.
I'll never understand.
Who knows? I'll never understand, either...I'll just never understand how just being different in terms of looks or orientation or whatever is cause for being attacked, or in some cases, killed. It's scary to think that people find the kind of behavior these guys exhibited to be okay.

Quote:
I remember when i was walking down the hallway in high school with my friend donte'. He was gay and everybody knew it. Some guys were sitting on the floor when we walked by and they yelled "faggot" at him. He just ignored it. Like it just flew through him. I didnt take it so well though. The guys proceeded to spit at Donte' and I snapped. I yelled at the guys, who happened to be other friends of mine, and I kicked one of them in the head
Wow...

What happened after that?

Quote:
Doing that I descended to their level while Donte' was the only good one in the whole scenario
Something tells me he's probably had experiences like that before somewhere, or knew people who had, or something, and perhaps he just became immune to the guys' reaction. I'm amazed he managed to just ignore it...I honestly can't say that if I were him, or if I were you and that happened to my friend, that I wouldn't have done something similar to what you did. I don't like saying that, because, as you pointed out, it's good to be the better person in that kind of a situation, and fighting sure as heck doesn't solve anything, but still...

Angela