Why the UN should not be in charge of policing the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
The UN is very good at humanitarian situations.

The UN is ok at peacekeeping missions.

The UN is NO GOOD at dealing with rouge nations like Iran who is probably going to have a nuke bomb within a year (unless Israel takes action-because the US cannot). Sending letters to crazy thugs DOES NOT WORK! The letter needs to be backed up by a squad of F-16's, period.

Also, the UN is fundamentally flawed because each nation has its own interest in mind when making decisions. Therefore, it will be difficult to get everybody to agree on really difficult decisions. Not to mention the rampant corruption from the top to the bottom of the UN organization.

This organization is going the way of the League of Nations.

I would say that the way that the UN handles humanitarian actions (such as the recent report into UN workers exchanging food for child-sex) as well as peacekeeping (Rwanda, Srebrenica) and the corrupt blocking of the investigation into Oil for Palaces program the UN is not useless; It is on the contrary very useful for criminals and murderers.

Last edited:
I will agree, the U.N. has problems. Does the world need some Great Benevolent Cop at all? It's tough for me to support my own government as a "nation-builder". In my view they've made way too many crucial mistakes.

The U.N. is only as good as the participation from its member states, especially those who control the pursestrings of the organization (those who sit on the Security Council).

If the U.N. is ineffectual, you only need to start there (the Security Council) to start cleaning up the UN.

Ever thought that maybe some of the member states on the Security Council really don't want the UN to be effective ?

They would have much more to gain individually if it wasn't.:scratch:

04.11.18.AnnanThreat-X.gif

Yeah... we should live this job to the USA...

They really do this job very well...

Back
Top Bottom