Why the cabinet shake-up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I am not asking this in a partisan way!!

But I haven't been paying attention. (Report cards were due.) But what's the story with all these cabinet movements? Was it planned? Is this the usual thing to do after winning a second term? Or is this unusual?

(I know what Doonesbury has been saying, so there's no need to go there. :D )

2nd term Cabinet shake-up?

Martha said:
I am not asking this in a partisan way!! What's the story with all these cabinet movements? Was it planned? Is this the usual thing to do after winning a second term? Or is this unusual?
U couldn't have asked nicer, Miss Martha. Yes, this topic has been reviewed on all of the t.v. political shows, including the prestigeous Sunday morning programs such as "Meet The Press". There is only one truthful answer: "It's the usual thing..." In fact, Don Evans, a personal, longtime friend of President BUSH, is simply returning to family and business in Texas. Colin Powell said four years ago that he'd only serve one term. Moreover, for his second term, REAGAN had 7 cabinet changes and CLINTON also had 7. Guess what? BUSH has 7! His Cabinet -- unklike any before it -- had the additionally devastating, burn-out effect widened and deepened by the Sept. 11th attacks. After all, the beginning of a second term -- for those so fortunate to have it --is technically the beginning of a 'new' Administration (even with the same head).

Last edited:
BUSH wins; KERRY loses

"Shallow" said:
you would be a huge improvement
U never have anything intelligent, positive, decent or nice to say about America! IMUHO, U are about as "deep" as Lee's press-on nails. :sad: By the way, about four million more voters agreed that the country is a bigger improvement with BUSH than KERRY. :applaud:

P.S. Anytime, Miss Martha! :wink:

Last edited:
Re: BUSH wins; KERRY loses

Stonewall said:

U never have anything intelligent, positive, decent or nice to say about America! IMUHO, U are about as "deep" as Lee's press-on nails. :sad: By the way, about four million more voters agreed that the country is a bigger improvement with BUSH than KERRY. :applaud:

P.S. Anytime, Miss Martha! :wink:

I do ever so love these "you never have anything good to say" replys. :| I really doubt you've read all 3100 of deep's posts, so how can you know about "never"? And just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good either (in many cases it just means it appeals to the lowest common denominator).

Last edited:
Okay, Stonewall, that's really enough. I really don't think that after a month of posting you are all that familiar with deep or his opinions. And it certainly wasn't nice to make fun of his nick.

We've been patient with you because you're new, but consider this your official warning to post a little more respectfully (and coherently, come to think of it) or else we'll be happy to give you a permanent FYM vacation.

BUSH wins; KERRY loses

indra said:
I do ever so love these "you never have anything good to say" replys. :| I really doubt you've read all 3100 of deep's posts, so how can you know about "never"? And just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good either (in many cases it just means it appeals to the lowest common denominator).
I'm so happy that you're so happy ("I do so love....). One doesn't have to be smart to know that "U never have anything good to say is a 'figure of speech'. Who'd ever think that U'd have to explain that term to anyone on an internet board? Oh....let me explain: so much on internet boards is figure of speech. In fact, your own opening line is a 'figure of speech'. :mad:

"indra"-- I'm curious, what's the derivation -- I suspect that U are a bit embittered former KERRY fan? :(

By the way, speaking of "lowest common denominators", from what I have read of "Shallow", I wouldn't want to read the other 3,000. :madspit: Enjoy the holidays (figure of speech)! :|

Oh, Paxi, please, you've had your snide raections before with the threats of "banishment". I don't need that crap. If someone can't take it then they shouldn't dish it. U seem to have a few apparent hang-ups. Come to think of it, with two Master's degrees, I am more than "coherent". Come to think of it, I'm outta here. Thus, I "86'd" U. Use your pretend power on someone else. :applaud:

Last edited:
Yay, Stonewall!! Please keep your promise, dearie. Tata.

Whoa...two Masters degrees...I'm so impressed. :|

Last edited:
And just to think of it, it all started when Pax asked if we were all glad she wasn't running the country. Stonewall, just be careful. Don't get yourself banned for something like this. :scratch:

I agree with Indra, I really don't give a damn how many people voted for Bush. The fact of the matter is that I didn't. Popularity is not a virtue.

As for the cabinet shake-up, people get tired of high-stress jobs, quit them, and there's got to be someone else to do the job. I'll bet these guys are tired.

LOL, I'd never make it in politics. Think of the explanation I'd have to give for my Canada envy!

Thanks graciously for the nomination, though. :yes:

martha said:
Cheez. I didn't realize the public service I did to help get that guy out of here.
The funny thing is that it was completely unintentional.

The important thing is: will the people that will replace these Cabinet members be a gain or a loss for the good of the majority of American citizens than the folks that were already in these positions?

From what I have seen already, I'm thinking it's a loss. Not a hopeful sign for a second Bush administration.:|

Back
Top Bottom