Why Republicans should not vote Bush in 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonExplorer said:

yes you...good post....hard to debate when your intial statement is vague, and you have not given a reference to any article or legislation for me to adequatley respond...LOL

Do not at all agree with your comments on the reserves having spent 8 years in there. It was something that was NOT extended to reservist serving in my time. As to reservists losing income...this too is a falacy in MANY cases. The company I worked for during my reserve time made up the difference in pay if you were short. Many other companies do this for the people serving in the reserves.

You specifically said reservists were losing jobs over seas. Do you have statistics to back this up?

The Bill also provided MANY other benefits to families and disabled veterens. It Also provided small business advantages Veterans who have their own businesses. And on and on....If it were not enough, there would have been pressure from the Veterans to defeat the bill and attempt to get a better one.

Amazing that the Bill I referred to was supported 100% by EVERY member of the house and Senate. Amazing the BI-Partisanship on such a crummy BILL.

I would love to see a link to some facts about the Medical situation. I will reserve comments until I have something to read related to it.

ANd the Pentagon backed down. They did the right thing. This makes the president look bad how? He listened to his constituents.

Your comment on the development of weapons did not refer to nuke development. It was very vague and failed to recognize that weapons development has kept many soldiers and civilians alive during this war. This is something Kerry will have to answer for since he opposed many of the bills that allowed for this technology.

Please, feel free to post a link to some facts about what you are saying about schools. He cut funding specifically to the military? Or to the schools? And how have you come to the conclusion that they are being sent to private schools. I do not have the time to look for information on a vague statement with no links or factual references to know exactly what you are talking about.

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
Homeland security... of all the candidates out there, the only one I trust is Bush.

The homeland is never secure if the first line of response--police and firefighters--is not adequately funded. Local and state governments deliver the lion's share of public services. How can Bush claim to be big on Homeland Security when his budget does not provide enough aid to the cities and states? Those governments suffered cataclysmic losses in revenue during the last recession, and still not seeing the effects of the improving economy because state income tax revenues are not rising.

Think about it. If Bush limits federal aid to cities and states (2005 budget cuts aid by 2.5%, adjusting for inflation), it's probable that these governments will make cuts affecting local and state law enforcement--the homeland security in our streets.

Amazing that the Bill I referred to was supported 100% by EVERY member of the house and Senate. Amazing the BI-Partisanship on such a crummy BILL.

A bill that raises benefits for veterans, however inadequately, is
a bill that deserves a YES vote.

I'll discuss the rest later.

GibsonExplorer said:

A bill that raises benefits for veterans, however inadequately, is
a bill that deserves a YES vote.

I'll discuss the rest later.

If inadequate....why did they pass it. Do you believe that Veterans groups could not raise cain about a Bill and have enough Political clout to A) get someone to vote against it and B) get a better bill.

The UNANIMOUS vote leads me to believe that it was a VERY good bill.

mortiere said:

Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein were trained and put there BY THE US GOVERNMENT. They were once on the CIA payroll. They over stepped their bounds, made the US Govt. angry, now were spanking them with bombs.

Mr. Hussein was put there by the US Governement? I suggestyou get a book on Iraq History. This is not true. He got himself in power.

Reaseons why I mayNOT vote for Bush:

1) No Child Left Behind......Not properly funded....and an unrealistic expectation that children with learning disabilities and title one will make the same progress as kids without.

2) In my opinion, he broke international law by invading Iraq. I supported this because I believed they would not risk such action unless they were sure that there was WMD. Since they have not, and in my opinion, damaged the reputation of our intelligence services and our diplomatic services by acting in such a manner. I still believe that the US does not have to have international approval to defend itself and its interests but the next timesomeone does this, they had better be damn sure that they have proof before they act.

3) Immigration. I cannot stand the thought that illegals were given amnesty. Instead of increasing boarder security and funding to get rid of people who havce no LEGAL right to be in this country is troubling. Especially after 9/11 it demonstrates to me that we TRULY have no boarder control.

4) Container security is NO BETTER than prior to 9/11. Connex boxes are NOT adequately searched before they come into our harbors. It is on his agenda for his re-election campain....it should have been taken care of before now.

5) The Campaign reform bill....it is one of the suckiest bills ever. McCain is suddenly wakingup to the fact that it just added a middle man for campaign $$$ and is not changing anything. He was pissed off when I saw him speak on it recently.

6) The Congress is spending out of control and he has done NOTHING to restrain it.

7) The surplus is GONE. Give me a lock box.

8) Faith Based initialtives. I think this is terrible. My TAX $$ should never be given to religuious groups for any purpose. In my opinioin this violates the intent of the constitution. It favors religious groups over others that may be more prepared to deal with issues like aids in Africa.

9) Increasing MONEY to train nurses and doctors to preach abstinence. I am sorry I was a teenager....you need to be realistic. This is MONEY down the drain.

If inadequate....why did they pass it. Do you believe that Veterans groups could not raise cain about a Bill and have enough Political clout to A) get someone to vote against it and B) get a better bill.

Let me clarify: veterans groups are raising Cain about the Bush's budget proposal. He proposes to raise veterans' benefits by an unsatisfactory amount, not enough to cover inflation and rising health care costs. The Veterans Benefits Act is a GOOD bill, but the bulk of veterans benefits ($28 billion for 2004 alone) still comes from the congressional budget. Veterans Benefit Act GUARANTEES $1 billion in benefits over the NEXT 10 YEARS, and no one should vote against that. There's no guarantee on the budget however, and any bill that can cushion whatever negative impact the budget may have is a good thing. That's why there was unanimous support for this bill.

As to reservists losing income...this too is a falacy in MANY cases
41% of reservists loses an average of $1700 in an average 4 months of service. Many fortune 500 companies are compensating for lost income, but healthcare professionals and self-employed people are still not compensated. An extended time of service means even more lost income.

You specifically said reservists were losing jobs over seas. Do you have statistics to back this up?
There are no hard statistics yet, but you know for a fact that many companies have laid off employees or are "outsourcing" their jobs. I'm certain that hundreds of reservists have come back to find that their job is gone, even if the federal gov't guarantees it.

GibsonExplorer said:
The homeland is never secure if the first line of response--police and firefighters--is not adequately funded.

Is this comment based on your analysis of homeland defense priorities, or the never ending cry for more funding?
You criticize GWB for spending too much, then not spending enough.

Poll: 'Investor class' favors Kerry

Money/ICR poll shows that Democrat has narrow edge over Bush; health care seen as top issue.
February 29, 2004: 11:59 AM EST

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The nation's investors give Democratic presidential contender John Kerry a slight edge over President Bush, according to a new poll that also shows health care costs and deficit reduction are investors' most pressing concerns.

A poll conducted by Money magazine and International Communications Research (IRC) shows 41 percent of the investors surveyed favor the senator from Massachusetts, while 40 percent favor the president.

"We think investor households -- which may account for as many as 125 million Americans -- are absolutely worth watching, not least because they might surprise us this year," said Money magazine's Managing Editor Bob Safian.

The Money/ICR poll also says the so-called "investor class" feels that containing health care costs and the deficit are far more pressing economic concerns for the country than cutting taxes.

"We've found that the most affluent investors -- the only segment where a majority says they're better off than they were a year ago -- also tell us in great numbers that they are much more worried about the deficit and paying for their health care than they are about tax cuts," he added.

A resounding 44 percent of investors polled say containing health care costs is the nation's most pressing economic concern. Controlling the deficit slid in at No. 2 with 30 percent of those polled while cutting taxes finished with 11 percent.

Paying for their own healthcare, the poll suggests, is investors' biggest personal concern. Fifty-five percent of all investors, ranging from households making less than $25,000 to those making $75,000 or more, agree that paying for health care is much more worrisome than losing their jobs, paying their debt or losing money in the market.

The mounting deficit is particularly worrisome to more affluent investors. Thirty-two percent of middle-class investors, or households with an income between $50,000 to $75,000, and 35 percent of affluent investors, or those with incomes over $75,000, picked deficit control as the most pressing issue.

Overall, 40 percent of investors say their personal financial situation is better than it was a year ago, 17 percent report they are worse off, and 42 percent say that their situation is about the same.

Only among the most affluent group of investors -- those with a household income of $75,000 or more -- did a slight majority of 53 percent report that they are better off than they were a year ago.

"Investors" for the ICR study were defined as anyone who said yes to the following question: "Do you have or own stocks, mutual funds, bonds, a 401(k) account or an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)?"

The Money/ICR poll was conducted with a nationwide sample of 556 male and female investors and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.08 percent.

Melon

Originally posted by nbcrusader
Is this comment based on your analysis of homeland defense priorities, or the never ending cry for more funding?
You criticize GWB for spending too much, then not spending enough.

I did mention his $520 billion deficit spending proposal. If you would take notice of the topic of this thread, it reads "Why Republicans should not vote Bush." If you are a Republican, you would know that Republicans believe in fiscal responsibility and smaller government--resulting in leaner budgets. I'm trying to appeal to conservative sensibilities here.

Besides, I personally NEVER said that he spent too much. The difference between Democratic and Republican presidents is that Democrats brag about their big government spending while Republicans lie about it---on the Meet the Press interview recently, Bush says he actually LOWERED discretionary spending.
From Meet the Press, 2/8/04
Russert: But your base conservatives -- and listen to Rush Limbaugh, the Heritage Foundation, CATO Institute, they're all saying you are the biggest spender in American history.

President Bush: Well, they're wrong.

Russert: Mr. President--

President Bush: If you look at the appropriations bills that were passed under my watch, in the last year of President Clinton, discretionary spending was up 15 percent, and ours have steadily declined.
It is Bush who is confused here: lowering taxes but increasing spending, protecting the homeland but ignoring the cities, taking pride in the military but ignoring the needs of veterans and reservists, wanting job market recovery but refusing to re-examine trade agreements.

Next time, instead of trying to speak down to me, why don't you come up with a defense of Bush's policies? On the day of reckoning, Bush will be wishing that he listened to that "never ending cry for more funding."

GibsonExplorer said:

Next time, instead of trying to speak down to me, why don't you come up with a defense of Bush's policies? On the day of reckoning, Bush will be wishing that he listened to that "never ending cry for more funding."

I think you need to reload. I would venture that most here do not think NB speaks down to anyone. It is clear you have a lot to contribute to the forum but

[Q]Is this comment based on your analysis of homeland defense priorities, or the never ending cry for more funding?
You criticize GWB for spending too much, then not spending enough.[/Q]

Is not talking down. It is basically wondering the same thing I have....which is.....where is the beef. Provide a link or two so that we can understand where you are coming from. As I said before, I found your initial post vague. You have provided numnbers IE about reservist, fortune 500, and the like..Just curious where I can read the info to respond. I do not doubt you, but I have been in here long enough and posting in here long enough to know that people say things which may be partially accurate, but not quite in context of where the info is coming from.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/us.html

It's also interesting to read how the CIA views the U.S.

The US has the largest and most technologically powerful economy in the world, with a per capita GDP of $37,600. In this market-oriented economy, private individuals and business firms make most of the decisions, and the federal and state governments buy needed goods and services predominantly in the private marketplace. US business firms enjoy considerably greater flexibility than their counterparts in Western Europe and Japan in decisions to expand capital plant, lay off surplus workers, and develop new products. At the same time, they face higher barriers to entry in their rivals' home markets than the barriers to entry of foreign firms in US markets. US firms are at or near the forefront in technological advances, especially in computers and in medical, aerospace, and military equipment, although their advantage has narrowed since the end of World War II. The onrush of technology largely explains the gradual development of a "two-tier labor market" in which those at the bottom lack the education and the professional/technical skills of those at the top and, more and more, fail to get comparable pay raises, health insurance coverage, and other benefits. Since 1975, practically all the gains in household income have gone to the top 20% of households. The years 1994-2000 witnessed solid increases in real output, low inflation rates, and a drop in unemployment to below 5%. The year 2001 saw the end of boom psychology and performance, with output increasing only 0.3% and unemployment and business failures rising substantially. The response to the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001 showed the remarkable resilience of the economy. Moderate recovery took place in 2002, with the GDP growth rate rising to 2.45%. A major short-term problem in first half 2002 was a sharp decline in the stock market, fueled in part by the exposure of dubious accounting practices in some major corporations. The war in March/April 2003 between a US-led coalition and Iraq shifted resources to military industries and introduced uncertainties about investment and employment in other sectors of the economy. Long-term problems include inadequate investment in economic infrastructure, rapidly rising medical and pension costs of an aging population, sizable trade deficits, and stagnation of family income in the lower economic groups.

Melon

This article may not be a reason why Republicans will not vote for Bush. However, it should be one.

But demonstrates that this Administration is a hand-maiden of the Gun extremeists.

Senate OKs Assault Weapons Ban Extension
By JESSE J. HOLLAND

ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON (AP) -

The Senate voted Tuesday to extend for another decade a ban on military-style assault weapons, giving Democrats a rare victory on gun legislation that would also deny crime victims the ability to sue gunmakers and dealers.

Democratic presidential contenders John Kerry of Massachusetts and John Edwards of North Carolina broke away from the Super Tuesday campaign trail to cast the decisive votes in the 52-47 roll call.

>>>>>>The White House had preferred the assault weapons ban be kept off the legislation immunizing the gun industry from liability suits, the National Rifle Association's top priority this year. <<<<<<

"The semiautomatic ban, the gun show loophole, a variety of other kinds of issues could simply drag this bill down and deny us substantial tort reform," said Republican Sen. Larry Craig of Idaho, the bill's main sponsor who plans to vote against both measures.

House leaders said last year that they did not intend to renew the ban on the manufacture and importation of at least 19 types of common military-style assault weapons. Senate GOP leaders also argued against the ban, saying it was ineffective and unnecessary and could cause the House to kill the gunmaker immunity bill.

But with the help of a few Senate Republicans, including Senate Armed Services Chairman John Warner of Virginia, Democrats were able to get enough votes to approve the ban extension.

Democrats---Show your support for Dick Cheney on the Republican ticket!!!!!!!

If you care about Democrats winning the White House this year, you should go out to the next Republican rally and show your utmost support for Cheney staying on as VP candidate. :wink:

Quoted from Reuters
The vice president has high negative ratings in public opinion polls. He is a lightning rod for Democratic criticism of Bush's policies, partly because of his position as former head of Halliburton Co., the energy company that has been given big reconstruction contracts in post-war Iraq.

He was a prime mover behind the decision to invade Iraq and spoke repeatedly of the danger posed by Baghdad's weapons of mass destruction. No such weapons have been found.

Don't let Bush drop Cheney from the ticket!!!:wink:

Last edited:
Bush will not drop him. They've already addressed the issue. The only way Cheney will leave is "on his own," officially, and I wouldn't put that past him.

Melon

Re: there are too many reasons to list

deep said:
one big reason is this administration is NOT HONEST with the American people.

that can be said about EVERY president

Bush Ads Use World Trade Center Imagery

Wed Mar 3, 7:38 PM ET

By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - With a huge $10.5 million downpayment, President Bush (news - web sites)'s re-election committee rolled out its first campaign commercials on Wednesday, using images of the destroyed World Trade Center to claim "steady leadership in times of change."

this is despicable

He has been dragging these corpses out for politics every chance he can

but dodging inquiries and responsibilities concerning 9-11.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...20040304/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_political_ads_14

Harold Schaitberger, president of the International Association of Fire Fighters Union, called the ads disgraceful and said they should be pulled.

"We're not going to stand for him to put his arm around one of our members on top of a pile of rubble at Ground Zero during a tragedy and then stand by and watch him cut money for first responders," Schaitberger said. He said his union is politically independent even though it endorsed Kerry and has donated money to Republicans.

Barbara Minervino, a Republican from Middletown, N.J., who lost her husband, Louis, in the attacks, questioned whether Bush was "capitalizing on the event."

David Potorti, an independent from Cary, N.C., whose brother Jim died in the north tower, called the campaign's use of the images audacious.

"It's an insult to use the place where my brother died in an ad," Potorti said. "I would be just as outraged if any politician did this."

Until Bush cooperates with the federal commission that is investigating the nation's preparedness before the attacks and its response "by testifying in public under oath ... he should not be using 9/11 as political propaganda," said Kristen Breitweiser, of Middletown Township, N.J., whose husband, Ronald Breitweiser, 39, died in the World Trade Center.

"Three thousand people were murdered on President Bush's watch," Breitweiser said. "He has not cooperated with the investigation to find out why that happened."

bad news for George W

attention feed-back members please read:

Kerry ahead of Bush in poll
By Richard Benedetto, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON ? After locking up the Democratic presidential nomination, John Kerry leads President Bush 52%-44%, largely because people say Kerry would handle domestic issues better.
The Massachusetts senator's 8-point lead with likely voters in the USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll comes after he won nine of 10 crucial primaries and caucuses last Tuesday. Bush countered with a $10.5 million ad campaign and three speeches criticizing Kerry's Senate record and charging that the country would be less safe under his leadership.

Bush rates higher in the poll on foreign affairs and national security, but Kerry tops him on the economy, health care, education and Social Security. Two-thirds of those polled say the economy will be more important than the war on terrorism when they vote.

In a three-way matchup, independent Ralph Nader receives 2% at Kerry's expense, leaving Kerry with 50% and Bush still at 44%.

The poll provides a snapshot of the electorate eight months before what is expected to be another close race for president. Of those polled, 45% said they are certain to vote for Kerry and 38% for Bush. That means the campaign is focused on the 17% of voters who say they are undecided or could change their minds.

Another sign of trouble for Bush: Men, usually a Republican strength, split 47% for Kerry, 46% for Bush. Kerry has his party's typical lead with women, 53%-43%.

The poll was taken Friday through Sunday. On Thursday, Bush launched TV ads in 17 states promoting his leadership in "tough times."

Even before they ran, the president was put on the defensive by some families of people who died in the World Trade Center, a firefighters union that endorsed Kerry and Democrats who said Bush was politicizing a national tragedy by using images of the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks. More than half of those surveyed, 54%, said Bush's use of the images was inappropriate.

The president's overall job approval is 49%, which is equal to his all-time low in late January. He has slipped on leadership, the theme of his ads: 57% say he has the personality and leadership qualities a president should have, down from 66% in January. Kerry rated 57% on leadership, too.

There are some bright spots for Bush in the poll:

?He is seen as less likely than Kerry to change his positions for political reasons; 49% said Kerry would, and 37% said Bush would.

?55% say the war in Iraq was worth it, up from 49% in late January.

?52% say they think Bush will win the election.

George W. Bush Resume

Past work experience:

Ran for congress and lost.

Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax-payer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.

With fathers help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

Accomplishments: Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as president:

Attacked and took over two countries.

Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.

Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.

Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.

Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.

Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

Signed more laws and executive orders circumventing the Constitution than any president in US history.

Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. (http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches/)

Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleezza Rice has an Chevron oil tanker named after her).

Had more states to simultaneously go bankrupt than any president in the history of the United States.

Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.

First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.

Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

Withdrew from the World Court of Law.

Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

First US president to establish a secret shadow government.

Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

With a policy of 'dis-engagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

Fist US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.

Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.

In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.

Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

Records and References:

At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

AWOL from National Guard and Deserted the military during a time of war.

Refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public review.

For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)

Well if I wasn't already convinced that Bush is the worst president in living memory, that list would certainly do the trick!

This:
Fist US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
is pretty interesting. I can't even count how many people I've talked to who have said something similar about Bush. If only Europeans could vote in US elections. :wink: J/K. :)

Here..is probably a better list for you. The other one was debated in here before, and if memory serves me correct, even people opposed to Bush saw through some of the biase and untruths.

[Q]1. Cut the Veteran?s Administration budget by $25 billion as he began his war in Iraq.
2. Reneged on a promise to increase funding for education and failed to fund the so-called ?No Child Left Behind? Act.
3. Promised $15 billion in AIDS funding for Africa in 2003 State of the Union Address then ? oops ? left it out of the budget submitted a few weeks later.

4. In May 2001, Bush gave $43 Million to the Taliban.
5. Repealed the Alternative Minimum Tax for corporations, which was enacted in 1987, and REFUNDED all taxes paid, by corporations under the AMT since its inception.
6. Won?t reveal who participated in Cheney?s energy policy meetings. [Enron, Enron and Enron???]
7. Opposed affirmative action at Michigan State in the Supreme Court case.
8. Charles Pickering, Pricilla Owens, Miguel Estrada. Packing the courts with extremists.
9. Appointed Elliott Abrams, who was convicted during Reagan administration in Iran-Contra, to the National Security Council.
10. Sealed documents from the Reagan and Bush administrations that would have revealed illegal dealings in Iran-Contra.
11. Cut federal spending on libraries by $39 million.
12. Cut $35 million in funding for doctors to get advanced pediatric training.
13. Cut by 50% funding for research into renewable energy sources.
14. Revoked rules that reduced the acceptable levels of arsenic in drinking water.
15. Blocked rules that would require federal agencies to offer bilingual assistance to non-English speaking persons. This, from a candidate who would readily fire-up his Spanish-speaking skills in front of would-be Hispanic voters.
16. Proposed to eliminate new marine protections for the Channel Islands and the coral reefs of northwest Hawaii (San Francisco Chronicle, April 6, 2001).
17. Cut funding by 28% for research into cleaner, more efficient cars and trucks.
18. Suspended rules that would have strengthened the government's ability to deny contracts to companies that violated workplace safety, environmental and other federal laws.
19. OK'd Interior Department appointee Gale Norton to send out letters to state officials soliciting suggestions for opening up national monuments for oil and gas drilling, coal mining, and foresting.
20. Appointed John Negroponte - an un-indicted high-level Iran Contra figure to the post of United Nations Ambassador.
21. Abandoned a campaign pledge to invest $100 million for rain forest conservation.
22. Reduced by 86% the Community Access Program for public hospitals, clinics and providers of care for people without insurance.
23. Rescinded a proposal to increase public access to information about the potential consequences resulting from chemical plant accidents.
24. Suspended rules that would require hard rock miners to clean up sites on Western public lands.
25. Cut $60 million from a Boy's and Girl's Clubs of America program for public housing.
26. Proposed to eliminate a federal program, designed and successfully used in Seattle, to help communities prepare for natural disasters.
27. Pulled out of the 1997 Kyoto Treaty global warming agreement.
28. Cut $200 million of work force training for dislocated workers.
29. Eliminated funding for the Wetlands Reserve Program, which encourages farmers to maintain wetlands habitat on their property.
30. Cut program to provide childcare to low-income families as they move from welfare to work.
31. Cut a program that provided prescription contraceptive coverage to federal employees (though it still pays for Viagra).
32. Cut $700 million in capital funds for repairs in public housing.
33. Appointed Otto Reich - an un-indicted high-level Iran Contra figure - to Assistant Secretary of State for Inter-American Affairs.
34. Cut Environmental Protection Agency budget by $500 million.
35. Proposed to curtail the ability of groups to sue in order to get an animal placed on the Endangered Species List.
36. Rescinded the rule that mandated increased energy-saving efficiency regulations for central air conditioners and heat pumps.
37. Repealed workplace ergonomic rules designed to improve worker health and safety.
38. Abandoned campaign pledge to regulate carbon dioxide, the waste gas that contributes to global warming.
39. Banned federal aid to international family planning programs that offer abortion counseling with other independent funds.
40. Closed White House Office for Women's Health Initiatives and Outreach.
41. Nominated David Lauriski - ex-mining company executive - to post of Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health.
42. OK'd Interior Secretary Gale Norton to go forth with a controversial plan to auction oil and gas development tracts off the coast of eastern Florida.
43. Announced intention to open up Montana's Lewis and Clark National Forest to oil and drilling.
44. Proposes to re-draw boundaries of nation's monuments, which would technically allow oil and gas drilling "outside" of national monuments.
45. Gutted White House AIDS Office.
46. Renegotiating free trade agreement with Jordan to eliminate worker?s rights and safeguards for the environment.
47. Will no longer seek guidance from The American Bar Association in recommendations for the federal judiciary appointments.
48. Appointed recycling foe Lynn Scarlett as Undersecretary of the Interior.
49. Took steps to abolish the White House Council on Environmental Quality.
50. Cut the Community Oriented Policing Services program.
51. Allowed Interior Secretary Gale Norton to shelve citizen-led grizzly bear re-introduction plan scheduled for Idaho and Montana wilderness.
52. Continues to hold up federal funding for stem cell research projects.
53. Makes sure convicted misdemeanor drug users cannot get financial aid for college, though convicted murderers can.
54. Refused to fund continued cleanup of uranium-slag heap in Utah.
55. Refused to fund continued litigation of the government's tobacco company lawsuit.
56. Proposed a $2 trillion tax cut, of which 43% will go to the wealthiest 1% of Americans.
57. Signed a bill making it harder for poor and middle-class Americans to file for bankruptcy, even in the case of daunting medical bills.
58. Appointed a Vice President quoted as saying "If you want to do something about carbon dioxide emissions, then you ought to build nuclear power plants." (Vice President %@!#$& Cheney on "Meet the Press.")
59. Appointed Diana "There is no gender gap in pay" Roth to the Council of Economic Advisers. (Boston Globe, March 28, 2001.)
60. Appointed Kay Cole James - an opponent of affirmative action - to direct the Office of Personnel Management.
61. Cut $15.7 million earmarked for states to investigate cases of child abuse and neglect.
62. Helped kill a law designed to make it tougher for teenagers to get credit cards.
63. Proposed elimination of the "Reading is Fundamental" program that gives free books to poor children.
64. Is pushing for development of small nuclear arm to attack deeply buried targets and weapons, which would violate the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.
65. Proposes to nominate Jeffrey Sutton - attorney responsible for the recent case weakening the Americans with Disabilities Act - to federal appeals court judgeship.
66. Proposes to reverse regulation protecting 60 million acres of national forest from logging and road building.
67. Eliminated funding for the "We the People" education program, which taught School children about the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and citizenship.
68. Appointed John Bolton - who opposes nonproliferation treaties and the U.N. - to Under-Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security.
69. Nominated Linda Fisher - an executive with Monsanto - for the number-two job at the Environmental Protection Agency.
70. Nominated Michael McConnell - leading critic of the separation of church and state - to a federal judgeship.
71. Nominated Terrence Boyle - ardent opponent of civil rights - to a federal judgeship.
72. Canceled 2004 deadline for automakers to develop prototype high mileage cars.
73. Nominated Harvey Pitts - lawyer for teen sex video distributor - to head SEC.
74. Nominated John Walters - strong opponent of prison drug treatment programs - for Drug Czar. (Washington Post, May 16, 2001.)
75. Nominated J. Steven Giles - an oil and coal lobbyist - for Deputy Secretary of the Interior.
76. Nominated Bennett Raley - who advocates repealing the Endangered Species Act - for Assistant Secretary for Water and Science.
77. Is seeking the dismissal of class-action lawsuit filed in the U.S. against Japan by Asian women forced to work as sex slaves during WWII.
78. Earmarked $4 million in new federal grant money for HIV and drug abuse prevention programs to go only to religious groups and not secular equivalents.
79. Reduced by 40% the Low Income Home Assistance Program for low-income individuals who need assistance paying energy bills.
80. Nominated Ted Olson - who has repeatedly lied about his involvement with the Scaiffe-funded "Arkansas Project" to bring down Bill Clinton - for Solicitor General.
81. Proposes to ease permit process - including environmental considerations - for refinery, nuclear and hydroelectric dam construction. (Washington Post, May 18, 2001.)
82. Proposes to give government the authority to take private property through eminent domain for power lines.
83. Proposes that $1.2 billion in funding for alternative renewable energy come from selling oil and gas lease tracts in the Alaska National Wildlife Reserve.
84. Appoints Army Secretary Thomas White who is being investigated for selling Enron stock just before Enron posted losses. White was a former Enron executive who is alleged to have dumped his stock after being contacted by an Enron official.
85. Took 3 months of vacation of first 9 months in office as president.
86. Had absolutely no concern about terrorism before 9-11.
87. Many of his big campaign supporters are crooks who doctored their books in order to screw investors.
88. Wants to fulfill a personal vendetta against Hussein causing a huge and costly war with destabilization of the Middle East and Russia and china siding with the Arabs.
89. Wants to kill minimum wage and its enforcement so that people work at slave wages for his corporate supporters.
90. Wants to take away benefits from the elderly and children in order to compensate for giant tax cuts for super rich.
91. Gave the Taliban 38 million in may, 2001 so that they would allow pipelines for his buddies at Enron.
92. Wants to create the most polluted country on earth by eliminating anti-pollution laws so that his super rich factory owner supporters can get richer.
93. Exploiting 911 families to justify NMD/SDI. Nuclear deterrence is still working against China, Pakistan's Islamic dictatorship, and all 7 Rogue states. It worked in Gulf War 1 against Saddam; has worked since 1991 and will continue to work indefinitely just like N. Korea since 1953.
94. Pushed for USA Patriot Act.
95. Creation of Deptartment of Homeland Security. During Hitler's reign, Germany was protected by the HSA, the Reichshauptsicherheitamt, which roughly translates into "Main Office of Homeland Security."
96. Exploited 911 families' pain & suffering in order to justify naked aggression against Saddam's conventional and pathetic military forces even though they're still contained within Iraq. Gulf War2 = Pearl Harbor2 = Schlieffen Plan2 = Barbarossa2.
97. Bush tried to appoint Henry Kissinger as head of the September 11 commission.
98. Used Homeland Security Act to protect Eli Lilly from autism suits.
99. Gave $95 million to North Korea for nuclear program and waived the part of the agreement that required inspections to ensure no weapons grade plutonium had been hidden away.
100. Abrogated the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty while squandering billions in chasing the chimera of national missile defense.
101. Undermined the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty while expressing support for testing new nuclear weapons and refusing to rule out a nuclear first strike against non-nuclear nations.
102. Derailed negotiations to improve international inspection systems to monitor and prevent the production of biological and chemical weapons.
103. Repudiated an international scientific consensus and withdrawn from global efforts to curb global warming.
104. Renounced the U.S. signature on the treaty to create an International Criminal Court and campaigned aggressively to exempt all U.S. personnel from its jurisdiction, even threatening to veto UN peacekeeping operations if it does not get its way.
105. Dismissed the need for broad international cooperation in its war on terrorism, preferring to act alone or with selected allies.
106. Treated human rights as an obstacle to rather than an essential component of civic security at home and abroad.
107. Undermined the Oslo peace process, condoned the Israeli reoccupation of Palestinian territory, and rejected UN Security Council resolutions supported by previous administrations that provide a framework for conflict resolution containing strict security guarantees for both Israel and the Palestinians.
108. Slighted global efforts to mobilize an offensive against the spread of AIDS, instead privileging the financial interests of pharmaceutical companies over the need for affordable life-saving medicines.
109. Suspended U.S. support for the UN's family planning programs and balked at supporting the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW).
110. Continued to pursue a global economic agenda that is of, by, and for transnational corporations and blocked efforts to build international rules to enforce labor and consumer rights and environmental protections.
111. Bush team prevented thousands of eligible voters in Florida from voting. That is how the elections were stolen.
112. Bush deceives Americans about the terrorists? motives to shield U.S. foreign policies from public scrutiny; his first concern is the special interests he serves.
113. Cynically and callously exploiting "terrorism," most of all with regard to the memory of those killed or injured in the September 11 attacks, as well as concern for their loved ones, as a means of (1) justifying his and his administration's attacks on the Constitution and on Americans' most basic rights and (2) diverting public attention from his absolute incompetence--and utter lack of concern--over the very real economic and financial terrorism being visited upon millions of middle-class, working-class, and poor Americans while padding the pockets of corporations and the rich!
114. Former President Clinton requested numerous meetings with George W following the election to discuss making terrorist activities a priority of the new administration. Finally a staff underling rudely gave Clinton a hearing. The information, which was for the President?s ears, only was never passed on.
115. Significantly eased field-testing controls of genetically engineered crops.
116. Went AWOL from the Texas Air National Guard for 18 months making him ineligible to be commander-in-chief.
117. Allowed looting to continue in Baghdad and around Iraq while guarding only the oil ministry.
118. Because over 4000 innocent civilians were murdered in Iraq and he said that counting them didn't matter.
119. Because art and antiquities were stolen from the Baghdad Museum by professional art thieves who allowed to operate and smuggle the objects out of the country for private collectors.
120. Because hospitals were looted in Iraq without the army being given any direction to protect them.
121. Because nuclear facilities were looted in Iraq without the army being given any direction to protect them.
122. Because schools were looted in Iraq without the army being given any direction to protect them.
123. Because antiquities were looted from the national library without the army being given any direction to protect them.
124. Because no weapons of mass destruction - the excuse for going to war - were found.[/Q]

Back
Top Bottom